collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park stadium tour  (Read 22519 times)

Offline Holtemeister

• Location: Living in Birmingham (just) but definately still a Yam Yam
  • GM : 22.07.2016
Re: Villa Park stadium tour
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »
So....we can pay Beye 40k a,week but we can't afford a flatpack display cabinet from Ikea ....priceless

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 03:58:26 PM »
Or to put it another way, the club should pay for something not enough supporters can be arsed to visit.

Incidentally, how any other English clubs have got a museum?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 04:05:24 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 04:09:17 PM »
Or to put it another way, the club should pay for something not enough supporters can be arsed to visit.

Surely the supporters would visit it?

Even if we can't put together a museum, surely it is not beyond us to put together something like this in the Trinity Road and charge the supporters a couple of quid to take a few photos?

http://www.oleole.com/pictures/wolverhamptonwanderers/wolvestrophyroom/mp54xo.asp

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »
Why didn't they say that in the first place, then?

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »

Incidentally, how any other English clubs have got a museum?

Wolves have their trophies in the Reception area of the Waterloo Road stand. We had a chat with a couple of players last March when I was there for a "do" and they asked where the Villa one was. Said I didn't know. It is quite impressive to see all that silverware - ours would look even more so as we have so much more!

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 04:25:47 PM »
I agree that the only disappointing thing about the stadium tour is not seeing the trophies!

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 04:28:15 PM »
Haven't been on one yet.  Is there some sort of incentive for ST holders?

Also, if you want to go to an amazing stadium tour, go to the Camp Nou.  Their trophy cabinet is mahoooosive!  One day, we will match them, one day....... :-\

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 04:37:18 PM »

Surely the supporters would visit it?

Even if we can't put together a museum, surely it is not beyond us to put together something like this in the Trinity Road and charge the supporters a couple of quid to take a few photos?

http://www.oleole.com/pictures/wolverhamptonwanderers/wolvestrophyroom/mp54xo.asp

That's a really good idea, and the experience of the Holte Hotel would indicate that not enough supporters would visit it. Unfortunately, one of the by-products of the Premier League era is that too many modern supporters don't care for anything from last year, never mind 1897.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 04:38:19 PM »
The club should have an easy and free to access area (only needs to be a window display or something similar) that will show all the silverware we have won.

It would get a massive attendance on match days and would show our competitors what we are about

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »
Surely the Holte Hotel has ongoing running costs that a simple room containing our trophies doesn't?

Randy speaks so often about safeguarding and respecting out history, you'd think some single place where all the trophies we've run can be viewed might be worth considering (and, in fact, that's what they told us they were doing).

I find it really, really hard to believe that Wolves can have something like that *points above* yet we can't, because financial circumstances dictate it.

The club should have an easy and free to access area (only needs to be a window display or something similar) that will show all the silverware we have won.

It would get a massive attendance on match days and would show our competitors what we are about

Absolutely. It doesn't have to be the British Museum, just a room, some cabinets, and a lot of trophies.

I reckon that'd cost less than 1 week of Habib Beye's wages.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 04:49:10 PM »
There's a difference between a trophy room (which we should have and I'm surprised we haven't) and a proper museum (for which I honestly don't think there's enough demand, otherwise every club would have one).

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 04:53:28 PM »
There's a difference between a trophy room (which we should have and I'm surprised we haven't) and a proper museum (for which I honestly don't think there's enough demand, otherwise every club would have one).

A museum, IMO, would be great.  The one at the Nou camp is ace (not saying villa should create one of that size).  The only place I can see them creating a museum would be if they redevelopment the north stand and made it in there.  But you are right about demand.  Barca is a world wide brand and cant attract the crowds.  We wouldnt be able to attract as many people.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 05:29:07 PM »
Haven't been on one yet.  Is there some sort of incentive for ST holders?

Also, if you want to go to an amazing stadium tour, go to the Camp Nou.  Their trophy cabinet is mahoooosive!  One day, we will match them, one day....... :-\

yes i went there when we played Athletico in the UAFA cup,
 it was free then, and they had a massive glass cabinet with 6 or 7 European cups in it, there will be even more in there now, but they were obviously only copies of the real thing so there is no reason we cant do the same.
loads of pictures of De Stafano and Puskas on the wall, you really got the feel you were walking through some sort of football history as they are the most decorated team of all times.

really cant believe we dont have a proper trophy cabinet/room

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »
I have always wanted to do a stadium tour. However, it's quite restrictive for fans like myself. If I fly over for a game I tend to just stay a night in Birmingham and generally tours can't take place either on the day of a game or on the day before. Staying for a tour would involve taking an extra day and it can be awkward to get the time off and to afford another night's stay.

I am hoping to get one in before the end of this season though.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 06:43:15 PM »
I think they only bring out the European Cup, League Cup and FA Cup the odd time. They were on show in the small indoor arena between the North Stand and the Villa Village before the Everton home game last season and you could get your pic taken (which I did). There was also big photo boards where you could stick your head in a hole and appear alongside the rest of the '81 squad or pretend you'd signed for Villa.

I went to the Camp Nou in 2002 when Barca had as many European Cups as we did, yet theirs was proudly on display with pride of place.

None of us expect a museum but the lack of a trophy room is fucking stupid.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal