collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 06:32:28 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:32:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Heskey Countdown  (Read 13728 times)

Offline gervilla

Re: The Heskey Countdown
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 09:32:05 PM »
I actually liked Fash the bash - in a 'he's clearly shit but he tries' type of way.

I know that should be something I should maybe keep quiet about.

By the time he came to us, he was at least a yard off the pace. He was also in semi retirement mode, I think the move to us appealed so he could be closer where they filmed that God awful Gladiators.  Awooga!

But he'd at least bash opposition centre backs up a bit, and did score a few useful goals in his short stint with us.

My heart sinks when I see Heskey come on or -worse-  see him named in the starting line up ahead of Bannan, Ireland, the Fonz and just about any other competent footballer we have on the books.

That perfectly summed up how I feel when I see the starting 11 and he is in it, then the rage sets in....

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 09:35:43 PM »
Sounds a good idea to me Gervilla.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 09:41:57 PM »
I was thrilled when we signed Fashanu.

But that's because I was more interested in Gladiators at that age than I was interested in football.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »
One goal in his last 27 games and he hasn't scored and FA Cup goal for 7 years according to the commentator on Saturday. I for one would be happy to not see him in a Villa shirt again.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 10:12:10 PM »
One goal in his last 27 games and he hasn't scored and FA Cup goal for 7 years according to the commentator on Saturday.

SEVEN YEARS? Bloody hell, for a striker that's some feat.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 10:19:40 PM »
I was thrilled when we signed Fashanu.

But that's because I was more interested in Gladiators at that age than I was interested in football.

So was Fashanu.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 10:58:54 PM »
I really have no idea why we play Heskey. The sad thing is that I want him to prove us all wrong. When we signed him I loftily told people about his work rate and defensive qualities... particularly during corners. I even had faith in the urban myth that when he plays, Engand win. Unfortunately now when he plays, I just see him as a missed opportunity, an old pro who's just seeing out his contract. the worrying thing is he's keeping the kids out of the 1st team. Chuck Gardner in for a few games... things surely couldn't be worse?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 11:06:54 PM »
When you think come June we'll have paid him close to £11m, you do have to ask whether Randy has a point or not.

Quite.

Another one is Habib Beye, who will have cost us £9m by the time he fucks off in the summer.

I don't really give a shit if Heskey is a nice bloke, he's a truly crap footballer who has contributed next to nothing in his time here, and it is a sad state of affairs that so many people are counting down the weeks until dross like him and Beye are off the payroll.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 11:11:08 PM »
I really have no idea why we play Heskey. The sad thing is that I want him to prove us all wrong. When we signed him I loftily told people about his work rate and defensive qualities... particularly during corners. I even had faith in the urban myth that when he plays, Engand win. Unfortunately now when he plays, I just see him as a missed opportunity, an old pro who's just seeing out his contract. the worrying thing is he's keeping the kids out of the 1st team. Chuck Gardner in for a few games... things surely couldn't be worse?

Sorry... not Chuck... I meant Gary. Chuck's the brother who works in Macky D's.

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 11:15:49 PM »
Am I the only person who feels a little sorry for Heskey? Taking out the fact he earns stupid wages he always tries, is usually not the worst person on the pitch in a Villa shirt and sometimes has a positive influence in a game. He seemingly never moans or causing issues yet he is often the subject of piss taking and positives are rarely spoken about.

I think that he is a nice guy but at the wrong club. He should have stayed at Blose or moved to Leicester, maybe back to Wigan or up to Stoke. A nice guy but a limited footballer and at the wrong club.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 11:16:14 PM »
How much are we paying him a week?  I bet it's an obscene amount

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 11:16:41 PM »
How much are we paying him a week?  I bet it's an obscene amount

Pelty said on here last year that Heskey was our highest earner.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 11:20:18 PM »
Even the Shrewsbury Town fans are mocking him on their Blue-and-Amber fan site:-

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=77122

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 11:21:43 PM »
Even the Shrewsbury Town fans are mocking him on their Blue-and-Amber fan site:-

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=77122

I tend not to say this too often, but someone should point out that he could buy their entire club with a month's wages.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 11:25:07 PM »
We wouldn't mock them on our web site because we were always taught not to mock the afflicted.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal