collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Saturdays Pre Match Entertainment. ( The McLeish Out Demo).  (Read 85181 times)

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
Re: Saturdays Pre Match Entertainment. ( The McLeish Out Demo).
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »
ouch again......................Fans without an opinion are not real fans.............unless your an armchair fan......hmmmmm are you?

So basically, if I think he shouldn't be sacked, I don't have an opinion. What you really mean is that anyone who doesn't agree with you isn't a real fan.

If we all agree that you're the 'bestest fan in the world ever', will that make you happy?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »
It doesn't take long for the 'I'm a better fan than you argument' to come out on these types of threads.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 02:22:12 PM »
All fans aren't like a few on here who think you can't fault the manager and you have to be positive otherwise people won't like it. Well it doesn't work like that in the real world if you don't agree then voice it.

Do you remember the 'Ellis Out' protests? They were cringeworthy and this is going to be worse. If you want to protest, hit the club where it hurts - don't go to the match.

Already paid for a season ticket in August (stupidly) £620 down the drain

Gutted for you. Don't pay up next season unless there is a change of manager and a change of direction from the board. That's my own, personal protest anyway.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 02:23:28 PM »
There is of course the alternative march...

My Demo starts at the Villa Village at 1.55pm and then goes around the ground and up towards the Witton Island.
We're protesting against the people who are making a laughing stock of our club.

We've got a facebook page with 40,000 followers, a bed sheet sponsorship with Skidders the second hand bedsheet company and have employed a professional proof reader to help with the slogan spelling. We're hoping that Birmingham Hospital Broadcast Network will cover the entirety of the event and a photographer from Big'n'Bouncy 50+ will also be present.

I'll be the good looking one at the front of the march with the small indentations on my cheeks. DIMPLES.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »
Anybody fancy a counter protest?
2 cars full should just about cover it.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 02:24:39 PM »
I'm so glad you have a job dazzyg. It makes me feel really happy that your income tax is helping to keep me in the comfort of retirement. And just think, your taxes are being well spent as I attend every home match at the tax payers expense. ;D

Online Monty

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 02:25:50 PM »
Dazzy, I agree, I don't want McLeish to be our manager either really. But bloody hell, not because he's a former bluenose, not at the expense of supporting Villa and I certainly don't think people who disagree are lesser fans. Come on, be a bit more reasonable.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:27:44 PM by Monty »

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 02:26:30 PM »
I haven't been thrilled with Mcleish, but of late(Swansea apart) we have seen improved performance and an effort to try and play football. He doesn't warrant being sacked.

Offline dazzyg

• I ❤ Alex McLeish
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »
ouch again......................Fans without an opinion are not real fans.............unless your an armchair fan......hmmmmm are you?

So basically, if I think he shouldn't be sacked, I don't have an opinion. What you really mean is that anyone who doesn't agree with you isn't a real fan.

If we all agree that you're the 'bestest fan in the world ever', will that make you happy?

Who said anything about "the best fan in the world ever"?? Has this site suddenly become a "creche"?

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 02:29:03 PM »
All fans aren't like a few on here who think you can't fault the manager and you have to be positive otherwise people won't like it. Well it doesn't work like that in the real world if you don't agree then voice it.

And all fans aren't like you on here who want him sacked.  In fact, I think you'll see from the embarassingly poor turn out this protest will get exactly how few do.

And for the record I'm at work, but posting on here as I can't be arsed doing any real work and my boss can't see my screen!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 02:31:06 PM »
My demo march will begin at about 2.30, at the Leisure Centre car park (about halfway to the back), and will proceed from there, past the church, up Trinity Road and to the last turnstile for block A.

It will take the form of a silent demo, but will also include surliness and yawns.

Offline SheffieldVillain

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 02:31:58 PM »

Who said anything about "the best fan in the world ever"?? Has this site suddenly become a "creche"?

You have repeatedly said that anyone who doesn't agree with you, or to use your phrase 'hasn't got an opinion' isn't a real fan. Clearly that must mean that you are.

Offline dazzyg

• I ❤ Alex McLeish
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 02:32:06 PM »
Dazzy, I agree, I don't want McLeish to be our manager either really. But bloody hell, not because he's a former bluenose, not at the expense of supporting Villa and I certainly don't think people who disagree are lesser fans. Come on, be a bit more reasonable.

Monty - As I have previously said (many times) the fact that he came from the blues is only half the problem I genuinely have not got a gripe because where he came from admittedly I didn't agree but now having given him six months and it just seems obvious he is not the man to be manager.

Offline dazzyg

• I ❤ Alex McLeish
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »

You have repeatedly said that anyone who doesn't agree with you, or to use your phrase 'hasn't got an opinion' isn't a real fan. Clearly that must mean that you are.

Sheffield Villain only has eyes for AM good luck to you - but please don't try to be funny as your really not.....

Offline SheffieldVillain

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2012, 02:34:36 PM »

Monty - As I have previously said (many times) the fact that he came from the blues is only half the problem I genuinely have not got a gripe because where he came from admittedly I didn't agree but now having given him six months and it just seems obvious he is not the man to be manager.

So him coming from Blues is half the problem, but you don't have a problem with it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal