collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Special message to the guy in the Trocadero on Sat night  (Read 27327 times)

Offline Aston Manor

Re: Special message to the guy in the Trocadero on Sat night
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »
Maybe he's Cristian Ronaldo!

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 09:23:36 PM »
The Azores?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 07:46:56 AM »
AS i said the older villa fan was there with his missus (and i was with mine) and he had had a few but was ok. When there were a few of them they kept goading this guy who stood his ground and told them to fuck off - much to the disgust and then fear of his missus.
Anyhow after the game i am outside having a fag. The one little mouthy scrote (mid 30's i would say, bald head, burberry and a bit rotund with the biggest gold chain and bollocks i have ever seen) came outside. Now i am 6,2" and not shy and when he was on his own and saw me you could see his face turn a different shade. It was all "its not you mate but the other geezer" etc etc. I told him he was out of order and to "go away"
My missus does not have a clue about football and over time i have tried to explain about noses and how you can spot them a mile off by their dress and their attitude and demeanour. She now fully understands and as we were walking through town later she actually made a game of trying to point them out

Its remarkable how easy it is to play this game - especially when they have the IQ of a plant and are usually dragging their knuckles behind them

And just for balance - i am sure we have enough pricks of our own and if the tables were turned i would have told the villa fans to piss off as well - guys with their missus watching a game is out of order, especially if they are not staring anything other than cheering their team. Banter i would actively encourage, its what the game is about - but this was nasty and only done to start a row.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 08:20:01 AM »
I used to spend all my time in there but since they re-done it I hardly ever go in. I didn't even know they had the football on.

It used to be a villa pub I remember it gettin closed during a manure game because someone chinned an albion fan for cheering when manure scored. Suddenly the place was raided by riot police and I had to watch the rest of the game in the newt

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 10:29:08 AM »
It used to be a villa pub I remember it gettin closed during a manure game because someone chinned an albion fan for cheering when manure scored. Suddenly the place was raided by riot police and I had to watch the rest of the game in the newt

You must have been freezing.

Oh, newt

Offline Villanation

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 12:29:06 PM »
The reason I ask is because going back to the 70's and 80's the Troc as I remember, (not that I know through personal experience) was so gay it don't bare thinking about, in fact it was the Troc and then onto the Grosvenor on the Hagley Rd, that's what a few Homo Thexual friends said to me.

But hey ho, I could be wrong.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »
Troc used to be a great place to watch Villa games. Went downhill when they took Jukeboxout and succesive landlords have prioritised serving food..

Exactly, I used to love the Troc.  Was distraught when they gutted the place and tried to go a bit more upmarket.  Went in there one day and BBC News 24 was on the TV for crying out loud, who wants to watch the news in a pub?

I can beat that. Assembly Rooms in Solihull put the Boat Race on at the behest of two old bags, turning off the Villa - Man U match.

Ah now, that'd be Karren Brady and her Mum. Always keen to flick over to a man in a boat.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »
The reason I ask is because going back to the 70's and 80's the Troc as I remember, (not that I know through personal experience) was so gay it don't bare thinking about, in fact it was the Troc and then onto the Grosvenor on the Hagley Rd, that's what a few Homo Thexual friends said to me.

But hey ho, I could be wrong.

You're right, my cousin worked in the Imperial Hotel over the road and the Troc was where they'd drink after work and I'd often meet them in there. The place seemed to be full of older gay men, prostitutes and then the chefs and waitresses from the hotel. 

Offline gerags

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 03:26:39 PM »
I still use the Troc a couple of times a week after work or when popping through town on the way to my bus stop.
I was in there after work on the Friday before New Year, watching the darts, and a mate asked if the noses were playing - I had no idea what he was on about.

Roughly 2 minutes later a bunch of meatheads stood behind me started singing Wipe That Snot at the tops of their voices. We decided it would be best if we moved on to another pub.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 04:04:28 PM »
We had actually gone into the Windsor first, to give my brain a remider of days of old when it was Villa's main pub in town - my God how it had changed

Now just a place for piss heads of the world to unite - and no football!

Very helpful Aussie guy behind the bar though who told us the game would be on in the Troc

And yes back in the day is was a well know establishment for those that liked the odd musical and were good with fabrics

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 04:09:49 PM »
I use the Troc a fair bit, but have never seen any football related trouble in there.  And that's back to the days when it was a good quality shit hole before they tarted it up!

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 04:27:01 PM »
This thread backs up what my idea of the Troc is, a gay bar in the seventies, Villa in the 80's and 90's, don't bother now.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 04:54:29 PM »
I've never seen any football-related trouble at the Troc either.

Quite like the Peroni there, and I've never been insulted by the staff, unlike at certain other pubs in the centre of Brum. So all-in-all I think its pretty decent.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 05:48:43 PM »
I always watch the matches in The Jester.

Offline villa baz

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 06:54:22 PM »
me and my mate was in the briar rose at 9.am on saturday morning,having a bite before getting the coach to bristol.when about 50 wolves strolled in{stone island the works}they was alright with us,bet it was a bit moody about 11am.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal