collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Given or Guzan?  (Read 26308 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Given or Guzan?
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »
Camera panned in on him after the second goal so not sure what part of it was his fault, the shot from Boyce was in the bottom corner. Maybe could've come for the first goal but looked like he was blocked off.

I don't see the solution of bring Given back in for league games as he won't suddenly start keeping us clean sheets as he conceded two each at Swindon and Norwich.

We need better in the back 4, Clark is awful without an aerially dominated defender alongside him as positionally he dosen't have a clue, Bennett just looks another Warnock to me and Lowton's having a poor spell atm so it would be nice to have a more experienced RB who could come in.

Whatever happened to Luke Young at QPR, I'd take him back on a short term deal till the end of the season, either at RB or LB.

I think Baker has been the reason we kept some clean sheets and looked more solid, as he organised Clark and together they did well. Baker, Clark and Vlaar is a 3 that could work well. Unfortunately 3 of our 4 centre backs are injured, and the 1 fit is the least dominant. It is a recipe for being buggered continuously until the bigger boys are back.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
Yes Baker has grown on me recently. A pure defender similar to Collins in that he's someone who'll block shots all days long and put his head in where it hurts (which leads to those injuries).

In our present situation we need that more than someone like Clark who's probably better with the ball at his foot but dosen't seem to have much defenders instinct at all.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2012, 06:07:44 PM »
If we are not buying, I would have Clark in the midfield with Vlaar and Baker at centre half.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2012, 06:26:17 PM »
If we are not buying, I would have Clark in the midfield with Vlaar and Baker at centre half.

Some of our (admittedly few) best attacks started with Clark carrying the ball forward from defense. But whether he could do that in midfield is another matter.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal