collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 'Tunnel Cam' - Citeh v Villa  (Read 10397 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: 'Tunnel Cam' - Citeh v Villa
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 12:25:17 AM »
I agree with the OP. When I turn into work on a Monday morning, I never bother to say hello to anybody or engage in small talk over a cup of coffee. I simply stand in the corridor outside my office for a few minutes, staring straight ahead Roy Keane style to collect my thoughts, before entering the room and going to war.

So presumably you play a competitive sport for a living rather than pen push in the corner thus avoiding the need for any confrontation.  I can imagine you throwing a bottle of quink at someone if they looked at you the wrong way.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 12:30:33 AM »
How fekin big is that Kompany.  Awesome athlete.

No bigger than Dunny however an athlete rather than a lump of meat!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 12:31:40 AM »
I would like to see how easy going it is tomorrow in the tunnel before the match.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 12:34:07 AM »
Mind you, it's a bit rich for someone known as "kippaxvilla" to be moaning about overfriendliness with Manchester City.

*wink*

To do with the vicinity of Leeds I used to live in.

Anyway, I can't imagine the crazy gang doing this in the day.

And I remember the old Manure Arse tunnels being a bit feisty.

Just thought the bit I've highlighted was worth, erm, highlighting.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 12:36:11 AM »
Mind you, it's a bit rich for someone known as "kippaxvilla" to be moaning about overfriendliness with Manchester City.

*wink*

To do with the vicinity of Leeds I used to live in.

Anyway, I can't imagine the crazy gang doing this in the day.

And I remember the old Manure Arse tunnels being a bit feisty.

Just thought the bit I've highlighted was worth, erm, highlighting.

You spotted it!

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 12:40:48 AM »
I agree with the OP. When I turn into work on a Monday morning, I never bother to say hello to anybody or engage in small talk over a cup of coffee. I simply stand in the corridor outside my office for a few minutes, staring straight ahead Roy Keane style to collect my thoughts, before entering the room and going to war.

A team player then.

So presumably you play a competitive sport for a living rather than pen push in the corner thus avoiding the need for any confrontation.  I can imagine you throwing a bottle of quink at someone if they looked at you the wrong way.

Offline Summers

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 01:55:08 AM »
They all know each other. A lot of them from International duty. So many will have gone through the national ranks together, effectively growing up together. That's before we even consider we have a few of their former players and they have some of ours.

Non-issue.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 01:57:41 AM »
We ought to realise that it's only supporters who don't get on in football. Footballers, managers, directors, are all mates. Strangely enough, we're the ones who get the shitty end of the stick. Ain't that funny?

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 02:09:47 AM »
We ought to realise that it's only supporters who don't get on in football. Footballers, managers, directors, are all mates. Strangely enough, we're the ones who get the shitty end of the stick. Ain't that funny?

They must be as according to Karen Brady, they all call her up to talk about the extra marital affairs and everything else they are doing in private.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 02:10:13 AM »

Ever heard of the term 'reading between the lines'? I was commenting on the daftness of this thread.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 02:25:24 AM »
Also, the bonhomie didn't seem to have an adverse affect on the Man City performance.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 02:44:29 AM »
My mate works for a professional sports team and is by all accounts a top bloke.  Completely grounded in every way.  He thinks the people that turn up to watch him and his team play are absolutely nuts.  They - the players - despise the fans.  They actually scare them.

With my psychiatrist's hat on, I'd guess it is because they're mostly normal human beings and feel that just because they can kick a ball well does not mean that they should be idolised/demonised in the manner that they are.

Offline Trinitymiddle

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 08:26:07 AM »
Thing that struck me was how stand offish Gareth Barry was in the tunnel before the warm up. you'd think against his old club he'd be at the centre of it all.

The ultimate pro or Billy no-mates??

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 09:15:45 AM »
If that video gets your goat I'd never want to sit by you match days :-)

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 09:39:17 AM »

Ever heard of the term 'reading between the lines'? I was commenting on the daftness of this thread.

Yes and I was replying in an equally dismissive and mocking manner.  Ever heard of that?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal