collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Midseason Review  (Read 10452 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Midseason Review
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 12:12:01 AM »
Sort of... mmm... yeah. Alright. Meh. Blurg. Sums up my opinions.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 12:19:01 AM »
Could go either way i reckon and i'm pretty sure no-one knows if we'll finish mid-table or in the shit.. We've looked abysmal at times, promising occasionally and desperately average for the majority. Thing is outside the top7 desperately average could mean 8th or relegation. I've no idea where we'll finish frankly.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 12:20:26 AM »
It looked like he had found the right blance with Gabby up top, Allbrighton an Zog wide, Clark, Petrov Ireland in the centre.
More importantly the attitude and style of play was working.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 01:33:47 AM »
The one worry I have is that the 2nd half of the season looks harder than the 1st. 

How is the 2nd half of the season going to be more difficult??  Are Barcelona being drafted in to replace Bolton?  Bayern Munich for Blackburn??

I have said it before, there are more than enough worse teams than us to see us safe.  My worry is that it will be closer than it should have been, particulary as the fixtures look harder in the 2nd half of the season.

So you think things are going to be easier in the 2nd half of the season.  You have listed some reasons other than the fixtures that you think made the 1st half of the season difficult.  I could list others that could make the 2nd half far more difficult.  Granted, the replacements for Young and Downing have taken time to bed in.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 06:36:58 AM »
Top six is given, as Newcastle are running out of steam. Everton will probably climb to seventh in time.

It seems that there is starting to form a gap between the distinctly average and the distinctly shit - the latter group consisting of the bottom five. Norwich or Swansea might drop down the table and make it a bottom six. I think we're sadly among the worst teams in the distinctly average group and stick with my opinion that we'll finish 14th. However, the difference in quality between the teams are so small that injuries/other random factors can play a part.

If we sell Bent, which would surprise me, we could drop into a relegation scrap, though.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 10:38:39 AM »
A distinctly average start with three good performances later only one of which we got any points from and several terrible performances where we also got no joy.

These "must win" games seem to be every week now (apart from the ones against "giants" which we expect to lose).

Must do better. D+

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 01:39:30 PM »
If I saw the table at the beginning of the season , I would not be suprised .      Its been dull , frustrating , negative but so expected .   A couple of good games but we deserve more than that .

C-

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2012, 02:47:48 PM »
I'm disappointed with the first half of the season but I hope we get better in the second half we can't get any worse.

Offline supertom

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 03:05:38 PM »
Crap. The football has been dire to watch largely.

Plus points are that the players seem to like McLeish. Frankly I'd rather they hated him and played a lot better. Also Alby, Zog and Ireland are hitting form.

If we lose Bent, it could be a blessing in disguise. Our team isn't set up to get the best of him, and we've actually played better with Gabby up top on his own.

We won't go down...hopefully. Of course we could sell Bent and the impact could be more than I and some think, especially as Gabby's hit a dry spell. But a decent Yak/Ba type of signing to get us goals and it'll be okay.
For me though we can't carry Bent if he's only gonna have 100 touches all season. He might grab 10-15 goals, but we need more from him, and so do his teammates.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »
Hated pretty much all of it apart from the wins v the relegation fodder and Chelsea away and Norwich home which was actually a decent watch.

I expect more of the same in the second half of the season with some FA cup heartbreak.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2012, 11:26:47 PM »
We went from "Works well when cornered like a rat", to "fails to achieve the abysmal standards they set themselves" and are now "Aim low, avoid disappointment and achieve your goals".

Offline Simba

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 07:58:47 PM »
D.

Must do better. Alex has a poor record in comparison with his peers. He  thinks he is as good as them but his reports to not support his confidence.

Alex is a nice young man who wants to succeed. However, hard work is not enough and until Alex studies modern methods he will continue to fail.

Alex, you have come from a deprived background but we are positive that you will succeed if you study current teaching very, very hard. And aim much higher.

Otherwise we will have to hold you back a year and drop you into the lower class. For your own good. We feel it is where you belong. Don't let your Family down. It is up to you young man.
On probation. D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal