collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: SCG 12 Answers  (Read 9370 times)

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: SCG 12 Answers
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 08:15:22 PM »
Nike again next season then.

That was my first thought reading through that thread. I'm guessing that no matter how shitly they have treated us, they still pay the most money to us.

The season quoted was 11/12 which i believe is this one, I cant see a reference to next season

He says they have reduced the product range for season 11/12 to explain the missing shirts mentioned, then goes on to mention they will talk to them about this for next season in the very next line.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »
I can see why the General confided so much in Nicola Keye, she certainly seems to know her stuff.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 08:27:34 PM »
Nike again next season then.

That was my first thought reading through that thread. I'm guessing that no matter how shitly they have treated us, they still pay the most money to us.

The season quoted was 11/12 which i believe is this one, I cant see a reference to next season
Doh!

I have spoken with Nike at great length regarding the issue of goalkeepers kit I was advised that they would only produce the men’s home goalkeepers shirt this season. This was due to the reduction in the product range they would offer to Aston Villa for season 11/12. I have asked them to review for next season.

Offline rutski

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 08:58:27 PM »
Rutski - I was at the SCG - from what I recall the Acorns / Doug Ellis thing was more to do with having a light-hearted pop at Ellis' naming of a stand after himself (even if it was proposed by the board of directors at the time?) than anything else.
thanks for shedding some light andy.

Offline myf

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 10:47:43 PM »
In all fairness, I'd only want to lose Nike if we landed a deal with Adidas anyway. No one else cuts the mustard imo

puma are next best after the three stripes

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 11:58:17 PM »
Here's something which shows the change in attitude of Lerner to the club.

13.   Is the club still considering opening a Museum at Villa Park?

Yes.  This has been raised previously in SCG2 and SCG4, and our position remains the same.
In any future development of the North Stand, we will explore the possibility of creating a suitable space to allow us to house a Museum. 

We could not create a visitor’s experience that would do justice to our heritage without significant investment, so it would be necessary for us to carry out a feasibility study to ensure that such investment could be recouped, and that the facility would be commercially sustainable. 

We continue to recognise the importance of our history, and would welcome the opportunity to share our proud story via a Museum.

A few years ago, it was all about how Randy was having a European Cup replica produced (where is that?), how we were sorting the trophy room out (where is that?) and how we were looking at a museum.

Now the museum has to be commercially viable and pay for itself.

Very telling.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 12:01:45 AM »
I won't be holding my breath on the museum then. I wonder if we should have a sweepstake for what year the North Stand will be developed.

Offline TheStinger

• Vaya Con Dios.
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 12:11:43 AM »
Forgive my naivety, but what does SCG stand for?  And can anyone ask a question in these things?  Would like to know if Villa are ever planning on making a pre-season trip to Australia.  There are a lot of fans down there.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 12:12:32 AM »
Supporters Consultation Group I think.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 12:16:12 AM »
Maybe that's a question for the next one.

Given the chairman's frequent talk of his admiration of the history of the club, why does a tour of Villa Park not take in a visit to a trophy room?

Why do we not have a trophy room? Why do we not have a European Cup replica? In fact, why do we not have similar silverware on show to exhibit everything else we have won? We were told about two or three years ago that we were working on the trophy room and that Randy had comissioned a European Cup replica. So where is it?

How much would this cost?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 12:31:54 AM »
I've never done the stadium tour, but i'd be a lot more tempted if there was a trophy room and/or museum. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to think that way.

Offline TheStinger

• Vaya Con Dios.
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 01:20:34 AM »
A replica of the European Cup wouldn't be that much, surely.  5 or 6 thousand pounds maybe?  Lerner should have that in his wallet.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 07:33:57 AM »
You could half close your eyes and read that list of questions and watch the Tony Daley footwork skipping around them and believe that it was a list of questions from customers to any commercial organization.   It could be me writing to BT/O2/Openreach (or whatever bullshit name the marketing lard arses have dreamed up) asking "why are the numbers on phones so small when people like me with bad eyesight can't read them?" or me asking Powergen this morning "why is it whenever we have a wind above 40mph in East Anglia all the lights go out?"

To me at least at no point in any of those answers is there any indication that the Aston Villa administration acknowledges that they are charged with doing more than running the equivalent of a very large corner shop.

Those wonderful long gone days when if you wanted a replica Spinky shirt you could go down Corporation Street and buy it off Harry Parkes.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 08:10:57 AM »
A replica of the European Cup wouldn't be that much, surely.  5 or 6 thousand pounds maybe?  Lerner should have that in his wallet.

I always thought the winners received a replica anyway. Certainly Barcelona and Man Utd have full size replicas in their museums.

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 09:34:21 AM »
We do have a replica European Cup, it's been in the club shop window on a regular basis. It was probably stolen, we have a history of such things !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal