collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jean Deux?  (Read 6436 times)

Offline Rick_avfc

Re: Jean Deux?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
I think they said Makoun was injured for up to 2 months so im guessing that when he is fit again at the end of this month/midway through feb then he will go back to Greece to finish his loan spell. 
Although we are paying Jenas' wages, I do think we are paying Makoun's.  Olympiacos (spelling? ???) are in the same situation as us in regards to paying a loanee's wages.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »
Jenas must be signing for us permantly then.  I still cant believe we are paying his wages , cant we have corluka instead , mind , he would have be better than Hutton.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »
I think its a clause in the loan agreement that we have to keep paying him for the length of the deal.  I pretty much doubt we will be signing him permanently.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »
this club is run like Woolworths was.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 06:02:01 PM »

In fairness, that's common practise. We have loaned him for a season, he got injured playing for us, so it's only right we fulfill the contract.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »
They caught us on an off night and we made them look a lot better than they are.

The trouble is that this is not the first time that we have made lesser teams look better than they are.

Offline wookster

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »

In fairness, that's common practise. We have loaned him for a season, he got injured playing for us, so it's only right we fulfill the contract.
He was injured when the loan started, we should have left him at Spuds then

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »
Swansea are one of the best passing teams I've seen down Villa park, add to that one of the tightest defences.

I just wish we still had Houllier in charge, he had a vision and a plan.
Swansea played us off the park after about 20 minutes. Because they ran for each other and worked hard and kept possession. We resorted to hoofball far too often as we increasingly panicked. Credit to Swansea they never panicked and looked very slick. A team full of average players playing to their strengths against a team of overrated players having little desire, clue or apparent skill.
Bugger innit?

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »
Back to the thread....Makoun would be ideal in a team IF we played a passing game, as would a good number of our players - Clark, Bannan, Ireland, Stan, Herd, Delph, Gardner, even Dunne.  ONE good passer of the ball won't make us any better. Someone has clearly made the decision not to play a passing/possession game and we are paying for it.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »
Swansea are one of the best passing teams I've seen down Villa park, add to that one of the tightest defences.

I just wish we still had Houllier in charge, he had a vision and a plan.
Swansea played us off the park after about 20 minutes. Because they ran for each other and worked hard and kept possession. We resorted to hoofball far too often as we increasingly panicked. Credit to Swansea they never panicked and looked very slick. A team full of average players playing to their strengths against a team of overrated players having little desire, clue or apparent skill.
Bugger innit?

They would have panicked if they had The Schizoid Man at left full back gifting us a goal early doors with a brainless act of breathtaking ineptitude. This would have raised the most pertinent question in their minds: can we afford to pass the ball to anybody else in our half without a major fuckup ensuing?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal