collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Have we turned the corner?.  (Read 1843 times)

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
Have we turned the corner?.
« on: January 01, 2012, 04:53:41 PM »
After the absolute low point of the Liverpool debacle, the reaction and improvement has been simply amaizing, we actually look a bloody good side at times, have we at last turned the corner, and is Mcleish winning you over?.

Online steffo

Re: Have we turned the corner?.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 05:18:40 PM »
16 games to know Clark is a class act?

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Have we turned the corner?.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 11:40:53 PM »
I was never really on his back to begin with, along with the protesting nutters who managed to break into our own club; yet neither was I in the overly agressive pro-McLeish crowd. Just sitting on the fence really.

I've gotta say that I've been growing increasingly frustrated with him, particularly during and after the West Brom debacle at VP, in which I've never left a game feeling so incensed and embarrassed to be a Villa fan. Albeit the recent good football we've been playing against top-notch sides in Arsenal and Chelsea is turning a few heads and has been injecting me with some much needed confidence and dare I say, optimism. I still feel, however, that we've got a lot of things to improve upon, most notably our home form and in particular our disability to put away teams that we should be stuffing, hopefully this will change tomorrow against the Swans (another game I can see myself slumping away from in tears.)

I'd say that he's won me over, for the time being, though this can change in true 'Fickle Villa' fashion if he repeats mistakes made by previous managers, most likely by continuing to stick by Heskey.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal