collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are We Alex McLeish's Claret & Blue Army Now?  (Read 178551 times)

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Re: Are We Alex McLeish's Claret & Blue Army Now?
« Reply #840 on: February 13, 2012, 11:30:54 AM »
I feel a bit sorry for AM these days.  He's shown he is willing to try and learn from his mistakes, such as the debacle  at Spurs with Heskey and Hutton in midfield, and being over cautious.  He's realised that the fans are more likely to be won over if the team at least has a go, shows a bit of fight, and tries to play abit of football instead of focusing on damage limitation and stopping the opposition. Which didn't work anyway. He was left trying to replace an entire crap defence and our two best players with only about 15m quid to play with and not able to increase the wage bill, which even restricted the number of loan signings.  Okay the results still leave a lot to be desired but you can see he is trying, and it's difficult to imagine many other managers doing much better under those circumstances, except maybe MON who might have got more out of the sub-standard defenders he signed.  Assuming he can keep us up, I think he desereves the chance to clear out the overpaid underperfromers in the summer and build his own squad,  especially the defence.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to reunite Dann and Johnson, neither of whom have set the world on fire at their new clubs.  He hasn't won me over completely, he still makes some odd decisions, but I think he's done enough to deserve a little bit of backing.

Posted this last weeka nd would like to take this back after yesterday's reversion to type. Clearly hasn't learned his lesson at all.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #841 on: February 13, 2012, 01:30:07 PM »
Whilst I won't be on any protest march against AMc and will fully support this great football club, I think that after yesterday, I really wouldn't care if he left or was sacked. I fail to see what this Manager can bring to the table any longer. I was always one of those wait and see people to the end of the season, and if I'm honest he'll get to at least that point after initially thinking that my inaccurate prophecy of being "gone by Xmas" would come to fruition.

I expected that team selection, I expected the tactics and I expected the result, but the deluded justification of it on Sky was beyond belief. He is protecting himself hugely I feel. Randy needs to take a good long look at himself and what he has in his possession. Will he be able to? Will he want to? Who knows...

Offline WarleyWonder

« Reply #842 on: February 14, 2012, 11:14:38 AM »
I feel a bit sorry for AM these days.  He's shown he is willing to try and learn from his mistakes, such as the debacle  at Spurs with Heskey and Hutton in midfield, and being over cautious.  He's realised that the fans are more likely to be won over if the team at least has a go, shows a bit of fight, and tries to play abit of football instead of focusing on damage limitation and stopping the opposition. Which didn't work anyway. He was left trying to replace an entire crap defence and our two best players with only about 15m quid to play with and not able to increase the wage bill, which even restricted the number of loan signings.  Okay the results still leave a lot to be desired but you can see he is trying, and it's difficult to imagine many other managers doing much better under those circumstances, except maybe MON who might have got more out of the sub-standard defenders he signed.  Assuming he can keep us up, I think he desereves the chance to clear out the overpaid underperfromers in the summer and build his own squad,  especially the defence.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to reunite Dann and Johnson, neither of whom have set the world on fire at their new clubs.  He hasn't won me over completely, he still makes some odd decisions, but I think he's done enough to deserve a little bit of backing.

Posted this last weeka nd would like to take this back after yesterday's reversion to type. Clearly hasn't learned his lesson at all.

Quite right

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal