collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are We Alex McLeish's Claret & Blue Army Now?  (Read 178516 times)

Offline Rancid custard

Re: Are We Alex Mcleish's Claret & Blue Army Now?
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 01:57:41 AM »
Even if we lose but the team actually tries for 90 minutes instead of giving up the ghost or looking like the scarecrow 11, that'll do for me. I think the thing that's impressed me most is his skills in diplomacy and media relations. He doesn't trash talk the players or do the muck raking publicly, when someone confronts him with a 'What are you doing about Bannan's drinking?' or 'Have you fallen out with Ireland' question he just says it's being handled internally, being polite, and speaking highly of the club. 

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 02:04:34 AM »
I want McCleish to succeed. Badly.

After the Liverpool game I thought there was no way that he could turn it around. The last 3 games has seen a big improvement and I just hope it carries on.

Beat Swansea. Please.

Offline puppyfeat

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2012, 02:07:56 AM »
Fucksake today's result means the ******'s going to be in charge for ever and ever and ever and ever and aaaarrrrrgggghhh!

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2012, 02:09:05 AM »
I would like nothing more than to to see him well supported and his name chanted because he's the Villa manager and if he does well, we do well, which is all I care about.

I actually think he's a top bloke but had my doubts about his abilities. I still have some of course but the last few performances have been very encouraging.
Long may it continue.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2012, 02:13:40 AM »
He's a nice bloke (and I still think he's out of his depth) but if the tactics are like what they were today on a more consistent basis I'll have no complaints. And that's not just 'cos we won, we got the ball down and played it (despite the back fours attempts to concede possession at every opportunity!).

Be interesting to see what he does with Hutton and Heskey in the coming weeks.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2012, 02:14:40 AM »
Fucksake today's result means the c***'s going to be in charge for ever and ever and ever and ever and aaaarrrrrgggghhh!

Proof that there is, indeed, always one.

Offline puppyfeat

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2012, 02:22:55 AM »
If he can either offload Hutton this month or, if not, then at least leave him on the bench (ANY fucking bench!) that will be much appreciated. I'll still think he's shit though. Today's result was most welcome but says more about Chelsea than us. Anyway, happy new year to y'all - yeah, even you Alex!

Offline puppyfeat

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2012, 02:25:35 AM »
Oh yeah and even you too Dave!  :P

Offline Damo70

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2012, 02:27:25 AM »
Some people love talking about his two relegations. You could argue it was actually one and a half. How about his magnificent playing career and what he achieved with a limited Scotland team and Rangers when Celtic had more money to spend? As for the noses who slag him off, when will they next finish in the top ten of the PL and win a trophy? I think he's a good bloke, a proper football man and blatantly wants to be here and respects our club. Do I want him to suceed even more because of how much it would wind up the bluenoses? Yes. He currently has us in the same position we finished last year although the squad is weaker. We also have a decent looking run of games coming up. And that cup that some SKY/PL 'new fans' may not respect but we do.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2012, 02:35:43 AM »
He'll go back to Hutton, definitely. He likes his attacking fullbacks.

I just hope he comes good. He has it in him to be decent, there's a reason Spurs paid £8m for him and Man Utd were after him!

Offline puppyfeat

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2012, 02:39:56 AM »
Fucksake today's result means the c***'s going to be in charge for ever and ever and ever and ever and aaaarrrrrgggghhh!

Great contribution to the discussion that was Dave. Your first post on this thread and all you had to say was... absolutely nothing.

Offline puppyfeat

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2012, 02:56:50 AM »
He'll go back to Hutton, definitely. He likes his attacking fullbacks.

I just hope he comes good. He has it in him to be decent, there's a reason Spurs paid £8m for him and Man Utd were after him!
There's also a reason why Utd didn't buy him and Spurs got rid of him. And also why they only loaned us Kyle Walker and wouldn't sell him to us. Look how well he's doing now - but I guess we can take some sort of credit for that eh? Gives me this real warm fuzzy feeling inside whenever I watch him, I can tell ya (ok that's nothing to do with Alex, who no doubt Kyle would love to be playing for rather than that cockney fucker, the poor lad).

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2012, 02:58:44 AM »

Great contribution to the discussion that was Dave. Your first post on this thread and all you had to say was... absolutely nothing.

What about a bit of credit when it's due instead. Our performances against Spurzzz, Manure and Liverpool were dire and rightly so the Manager gets stick, but give him credit for changing things and trying to play in a more positive way (and getting a couple of decent results).
I don't care where he came from, lets just give him time. FFS we have a decent squad of players, hopefully now they will realise they can be competitive. 

Offline puppyfeat

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2012, 03:12:05 AM »
I don't care where he came from, lets just give him time. FFS we have a decent squad of players, hopefully now they will realise they can be competitive. 
I honestly don't care where he came from either and I DO appreciate t

What about a bit of credit when it's due instead. Our performances against Spurzzz, Manure and Liverpool were dire and rightly so the Manager gets stick, but give him credit for changing things and trying to play in a more positive way (and getting a couple of decent results).
I don't care where he came from either (honestly) and obviously I do appreciate our recent upturn in performances/results. Long may it continue. It's very encouraging that we've hit some sort of form just in time or the FA Cup, which of course is the height of our ambitions these day (and before any of you think I'm being cynical - I'd LOVE to see us win that as it's the only trophy I've never seen us win. And I ain't getting any younger!)

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2012, 03:18:58 AM »
Thanks for the honest reply puppyfeat.
I would love him to do well, just because none of us we non plussed when he was appointed and a lot of fans were instantly against him (making his job even more difficult).
Wouldn't the FA Cup be great though. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal