collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are We Alex McLeish's Claret & Blue Army Now?  (Read 178430 times)

Offline rutski

Re: Are We Alex Mcleish's Claret & Blue Army Now?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 08:04:43 PM »
hopefully alex will have realised afetr the arsenal game that desire and effort is the bare minimum requirement and we will support him if those two facets are attained.
not alex claret and blue army yet, but hopefully they can feel how much we want them to succeed!

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 08:45:31 PM »
I find it strange how so many of our fans seemingly despise someone who has acted as a gentleman and with great dignity throughout this, and even when he was with that shower of shite.
By all means question his abilities, but the personal abuse was disgraceful in my opinion.

If he gets the team playing like they did today over an extended period then there should be no question of the fans' support.

Despise - I don't know anyone who despises him. Frustrated by his appointment - oh yes and the manner. Reserve that for Faulkner. I hardly think his exit from the Sty was dignified, quite the opposite. Was Little's Exit from Leicester or BFR from Sheff Wed dignified? Ask their fans. Difference was the Foxes and Owls fans wanted them to stay. That lot in Small Heath were relieved to see him go.

Prior to this summer I'd argue that dignified was a fair adjective, thereafter no.

Let's say we could sing Big Ginger Bloke from Glasgow's Claret and Blue Army if we continue in the current vein.

Happy New Year to you and all fellow Villains.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 08:47:14 PM »
As soon as he wins the FA cup.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »
I'd still sooner him leave, as I don't rate him. But the mood seems to be picking up and fingers crossed it continues.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 08:52:57 PM »
Have to say I agree with others who have said how dignified he ha been over the last couple of months. Hated the way he got the team playing in certain games, especially Spuds and Liverpool, lets hope he never goes out with that attitude again. If so, I am prepared to back him

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 08:56:08 PM »
Jaybus folks, Mcleish is here and there are signs that things are looking up. After a bumpy start it looks like we have turned a corner following the last few displays. I'm not saying that he is a saviour or the next Fergie but it must be better for us all if we get behind the team (including the manager) during the games.
How he came here is history and the only important thing is that for now he is our manager so we may as well get used to it.

Offline rutski

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »
I find it strange how so many of our fans seemingly despise someone who has acted as a gentleman and with great dignity throughout this, and even when he was with that shower of shite.
By all means question his abilities, but the personal abuse was disgraceful in my opinion.

If he gets the team playing like they did today over an extended period then there should be no question of the fans' support.

Despise - I don't know anyone who despises him. Frustrated by his appointment - oh yes and the manner. Reserve that for Faulkner. I hardly think his exit from the Sty was dignified, quite the opposite. Was Little's Exit from Leicester or BFR from Sheff Wed dignified? Ask their fans. Difference was the Foxes and Owls fans wanted them to stay. That lot in Small Heath were relieved to see him go.

Prior to this summer I'd argue that dignified was a fair adjective, thereafter no.

Let's say we could sing Big Ginger Bloke from Glasgow's Claret and Blue Army if we continue in the current vein.

Happy New Year to you and all fellow Villains.
there are plenty who despise him, and if we dont beat swansea alot of them will raise their heads above the parapet. i dont think 19 games should ever be a bench mark to how someone may do.

Offline N'Rexy

• GM : Jan, 2012
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »
Give him a bit longer. The team has had 3 good games and something has changed in terms of set-up and mentality. I don't care how we got here but where we are tonight is 20 times better than where we were a month ago. If we continue like this, progressive football, coherent formations, good mix of youth, then it will become his team and a potentially good one to watch at that. Then we will be his claret and blue army. I just want us to give it a go. If we lose trying then so be it but we are at least trying now. We weren't a month ago.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 09:35:49 PM »
No.

Offline Aston Manor

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2011, 09:37:06 PM »
Not quite yet. Today was superb but there has been more lows than highs under McLeish. The fact that we are even discussing shows that most want him to succeed - well it should be everybody. One good win doesn't make him a good manager so he'll need to follow up today with a good run. It could also be pointed out that we've got results since Hutton was out.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2011, 09:40:43 PM »
As soon as he wins the FA cup.

tbh that would do it for me.

*pours another glass of sauvignon blanc*

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2011, 10:17:26 PM »
It was for me already, though I had wobbled after the poor performances against Spurs, United and Liverpool . Even more so now. He took on a tough job. We lost some good players over the summer and there was a lot of ill feeling towards him from the fans.  It was never going to be easy for us, but we seem to have turned the corner under McLeish.

I hope now that the fans get solidly behind him.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2011, 11:09:12 PM »
As I have said along, the man is quite clearly a managerial genius.........................

Offline nigel

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2011, 11:10:10 PM »
I'm hoping this is the start of a resurgance. I'd love to see/hear a vocal backing on Monday. "Alex Mcleish's Claret and Blue Army". Why not? He's OUR manager.
Agree

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2012, 12:11:31 AM »
I'm hoping this is the start of a resurgance. I'd love to see/hear a vocal backing on Monday. "Alex Mcleish's Claret and Blue Army". Why not? He's OUR manager.
Agree

Yes, that would be very appropriate.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal