collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Getting to Villa Park  (Read 18621 times)

Offline Archie

Re: Getting to Villa Park
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2011, 06:28:41 PM »
This thread confirms once more that AVFC is not only a football team, but a large family where anyone is willing to help the others. Cheers mates!

Offline TheStinger

• Vaya Con Dios.
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2011, 07:20:17 PM »
This thread confirms once more that AVFC is not only a football team, but a large family where anyone is willing to help the others. Cheers mates!

Hear Hear!

Got my ticket in the mail today and now ready and raring to go.  Good to know that I will be surrounded by good people as well.  Thanks.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2011, 07:36:17 PM »
I haven't been for so long I almost feel like asking for advice before I do the same trip from Oxford to Villa Park on Monday.

How weird. Same trip, same day.

It's like the two of you were destined to be together.

I reckon there's a fair chance it'll be a decent game. I never understand people who do two or three games a season and opt for Man United, Liverpool etc.

I'd go for us versus some pretty shit team every single time. At least then there's a chance of goals and points.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »
I haven't been for so long I almost feel like asking for advice before I do the same trip from Oxford to Villa Park on Monday.

How weird. Same trip, same day.

It's like the two of you were destined to be together.

I reckon there's a fair chance it'll be a decent game. I never understand people who do two or three games a season and opt for Man United, Liverpool etc.

I'd go for us versus some pretty shit team every single time. At least then there's a chance of goals and points.

Same trip, different game.  Me, Swansea, him, Everton.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2011, 08:01:19 PM »
Enjoy the experience Stinger.
Have a great day and bring a tucker bag full of luck with you!
Don't forget to have a Balti pie!
UTV!

Offline willywombat

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2011, 11:26:48 PM »
Have a great day Stinger and have a beer for me. We'll be watching live and bleary eyed in the Barossa
I'm sure I will have a great time there.  Barossa Valley hey.  I've got some family that live in Tanunda.  I'll definitely have a drink for you....and one for myself probably.

Cool, that's where I live, I probably know them!

Offline TheStinger

• Vaya Con Dios.
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2012, 05:49:03 PM »
Hi again.  Just wanted to say that I had a great day at the game, even though it was a draw.  Had an excellent seat and the people around me were very nice and good to talk to.  Got to the ground early and I asked one of the stewards if he could take a photo of me in front of the ground.  He did me one better and took me down to the dugout and got a picture of me sitting on the bench, so that was a nice little memento.  Also one in front of the pitch.

Thanks guys for all of your hints and tips on getting to the ground and things to see and do.  Tried to get to some of them but I was more interested in just wandering around the place and the ground when I got there.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for all your help and I had a brilliant first visit to Villa Park.  Cheers guys.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2012, 11:17:45 PM »
Yeah yeah but the big question is did you get off the train at Witton or Aston....if you indeed take the train? ;)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2012, 06:52:47 AM »
Glad you had a good day Stinger and hope you get along again soon.
Next time hopefully, there is a win with it too.

Offline TheStinger

• Vaya Con Dios.
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2012, 10:42:48 AM »
Yeah yeah but the big question is did you get off the train at Witton or Aston....if you indeed take the train? ;)
Well, I caught the train from Oxford to New Street and walked around a little bit and then caught the train to.....ASTON!  And then took the walk down to the ground.  It's really not that far.

Offline willywombat

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2012, 10:03:46 AM »
Hey Stinger, PM me the name of your Tanunda people. There is a growing Villa enclave in the valley believe it or not!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal