collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:32:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:30:40 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:28:41 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 09:26:55 PM]

Diego Carlos by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:23:18 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robbie Savage predicts Villa relegation  (Read 28275 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Robbie Savage predicts Villa relegation
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »
He should stick to the dancing. Seriously the  BBC's punditry is at an all time low. With the likes of Savage, Lawrenson, Claridge, Mcgarry, Bright, Crookes on their airwaves on a regular basis, they make Talksport look like a bastion of proffesionalism.(Dont know if that last bit makes sense, but you know the point of trying to get across)

I dont know why the BBC dont try and snap Andy Gray up. I know he got the sack from SKY basically through flirting, but he is good at what he does and commands a lot more respect and achieved a lot more in the game than the other jokers mentionend above.

That is a damn good point. talkSHITE have ex-BBC journalists (Saggers) and reformed characters  (SVC), out to redeem theirselves on-air, whilst 5 Live have the mediocre (Claridge), the incomprehensible (Shearer) and the subtly arrogant (Colin Murray) amongst their ranks.

Savage is the rare breed of all three.
And he's an irritating c**t.

hate to admit it but one of the better presenters on there is Ian Danter, and he's a nose

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 10:33:09 PM »

hate to admit it but one of the better presenters on there is Ian Danter, and he's a nose

That's because he was trained to do the job rather than came through the 'must be an ex-player' route.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 10:43:24 PM »
Ian Danter used to commentate (as well as compete with his Birmingham side) on our Subbuteo tournaments at the studio, that's where he learned his trade.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »
He has achieved precisely what he wanted, which is to get people talking about him.

If only you would also phone in to  his wretched radio programme, he will be "well happy".

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 10:55:52 PM »
Perhaps Savage believes that Villa will be relegated because he actually believes it, rather than for some supposed hatred of our club.

He stated on Football Focus earlier in the season that Villa were the biggest club in Brum. No great thing perhaps but surely if he was as rabid-anti-Villa as some on here make out then he wouldn't have made a statement like that that would probably upset the fans of one of his previous clubs.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 10:58:49 PM »
Yes but not even the thickest nose would think Blose were bigger than.... ah never mind.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 10:59:54 PM »
Perhaps Savage believes that Villa will be relegated because he actually believes it, rather than for some supposed hatred of our club.

Or perhaps he just likes making money.

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 11:04:04 PM »

Selective quote. I'm not list-en-ing la-la-la-lah!

I think he gets paid regardless.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2011, 12:06:35 AM »
From what I've heard he always seems to speak quite highly of us. I heard him say he'd sign for us from Birmingham if given a chance (when talking about McLeish) for example.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011, 01:43:41 AM »

Selective quote. I'm not list-en-ing la-la-la-lah!

I think he gets paid regardless.

Well, you could argue that all of the shock jocks get paid regardless, but I think you you will find they have a vested interest in promoting controversy. 

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 08:36:35 AM »
I thought the same at the start of the season. Shit, but not as shit as I thought.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 08:56:14 AM »
I think he has a point....only joking. If we continue the way we are going maybe next year

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 09:25:38 AM »
He should stick to the dancing. Seriously the  BBC's punditry is at an all time low. With the likes of Savage, Lawrenson, Claridge, Mcgarry, Bright, Crookes on their airwaves on a regular basis, they make Talksport look like a bastion of proffesionalism.(Dont know if that last bit makes sense, but you know the point of trying to get across)

I dont know why the BBC dont try and snap Andy Gray up. I know he got the sack from SKY basically through flirting, but he is good at what he does and commands a lot more respect and achieved a lot more in the game than the other jokers mentionend above.

That is a damn good point. talkSHITE have ex-BBC journalists (Saggers) and reformed characters  (SVC), out to redeem theirselves on-air, whilst 5 Live have the mediocre (Claridge), the incomprehensible (Shearer) and the subtly arrogant (Colin Murray) amongst their ranks.

Savage is the rare breed of all three.
And he's an irritating c**t.

You forgot the man for whom the phrase 'pseudo-intellectual' was invented....Pat Nevin. His attempts to talk about football as if he is reviewing some alternative comedy at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival are every bit as irritating as the gormless, idiotic rants of a Claridge or the completely vacuous comments of a DJ Spoony...

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 09:37:58 AM »
Garth Crookes is the worst for me, makes me cringe, listening to him is the same as hearing someone scratching there fingernails down a blackboard

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 09:42:49 AM »
I wonder what Spooney thinks of his beloved Racist FC making Suarez into a martyr?

That's probably the first time I've ever wondered what the prat thinks about anything.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal