collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Direct  (Read 6214 times)

Offline Irish villain

Aston Villa Direct
« on: December 23, 2011, 06:41:28 PM »
Has anybody ever had any problems with Aston Villa direct?

On 1 December I ordered our 1980/81 championship winning kit. I requested that it be sent to my parents house because I was out of the country for most of December and knew that I would be back at my parents' place, on my return, for Christmas.

However, there is still no sign of a delivery. I emailed customer services a few days ago and they just confirmed that the delivery had been dispatched and that I should get in contact again if it still hadn't arrived.

I am about to email them again. I think I will have to fill out a denial of receipt form to gain a resend of the product ordered. With it being Christmas I am concerned that stocks of my desired kit will be running low so I am a bit disappointed with the whole thing as I have always wanted that kit but it was never in stock any time I traveled over to Birmingham or checked on the website. Grrr, there goes my Christmas present to myself.

Offline pav

Re: Aston Villa Direct
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 11:07:06 PM »
We had a nightmare too , had all our order go to another house in another town , similar street name , if it wasn't for me being wise of the area we would never have got it , and it had been opened .never use it again

Offline willywombat

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 11:49:02 AM »
Ordered a home shirt last year for delivery to my son in London, ( we live in Australia ). Shirt was delivered to the address in Australia I had moved out of 2 years before. Got in touch and they didn't give a flying f*ck, said it must have been my fault for entering the wrong delivery address. Think about it. Never dealt with them since. Wankers

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 12:01:45 PM »
Thanks for that guys, though your experiences don't fill me with any hope! I'm really annoyed, not about the money, but because I have been seeking that villa top for so many years and was looking forward to proudly wearing it at last.

I didn't really say this in my original post, but the reply from customer services was unsatisfactory to say the least and I really did expect more from them.

Offline Holte End Stylist

• GM : 02.04.2023
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »
I ordered a t shirt and a hat for my daughters on Wednesday both arrived this morning, I have used Villa Direct a few times now and have never had a problem

Offline gervilla

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
I have used them loads of times and never had a problem.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 10:38:03 PM »
I have used them loads of times and never had a problem.

I'm hoping they resolve the issue early in the New year. It's very disappointing.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 01:04:59 AM »
Have to be honest. I've used the service a lot and it has been ace. Shipping to Canada has been very quick and efficient. Sorry to hear others haven't been as lucky.

Offline beness

• GM : 21.01.2018
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 05:04:36 PM »
I ordered the blue hat last year. It was early in December. It never came on tome so phoned the Club Shop. "WE are out of stock and will send when they come in".

This kept going on until JUNE of this year. I eventually said i would settle for the claret one. "OK we can send that one now".

It arrived and was the blue one. WTF

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 02:55:51 PM »
I've just sent the denial of receipt form so fingers crossed I will soon be with my retro 80/81 kit *fingers crossed*

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 09:38:24 PM »
I had an issue with an order late november. After taking 4 days to answer an email, the goods finally turned up just before xmas.

Offline TheStinger

• Vaya Con Dios.
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
I was thinking about ordering a shirt before I go to a game but it might be better for me to just get one at the Villa shop at the ground.  Probably safer anyway.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 11:15:54 PM »
I was thinking about ordering a shirt before I go to a game but it might be better for me to just get one at the Villa shop at the ground.  Probably safer anyway.

If you have time in the City centre go to Sports Direct, much cheaper (and yes I know the money goes to Mike Ashley, but we're in times of austerity!).

Offline TheStinger

• Vaya Con Dios.
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 12:23:58 AM »

If you have time in the City centre go to Sports Direct, much cheaper (and yes I know the money goes to Mike Ashley, but we're in times of austerity!).
Can you get them with a name and number there though?  I want to get a Chris Herd shirt (yes, I know I am showing my Australianism there).

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 12:27:33 AM »

Can you get them with a name and number there though?  I want to get a Chris Herd shirt (yes, I know I am showing my Australianism there).

Ah! No, almost certainly not, you'll have to pay the premium I fear. Nothing wrong with your choice of name though, Herd has a very bright future I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal