collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Typical media headline.....  (Read 22545 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Typical media headline.....
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 11:52:13 AM »
that twitter thing is shocking . Theres some angry horrible people out there . No wonder the world is f**ked .

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 12:07:39 PM »
That twitter feed makes horrible reading - the internet has given us some great things but the ability to be able to publish that sort of bile is one of the worst , I really wish you could turn up at their house with a camera crew and watch their reation when they have to explain themselves

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 12:51:09 PM »
Words fail me.

JonJuwanson Jon Juwanson
 by StanCollymore@
@StanCollymore do us a favour Stan and go and hang yourself like Gary Speed did please. Ok Negrito

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 01:55:57 PM »
It's so sad.

I can't believe people are like that. Everything wrong with a medium like twitter. They should be held accountable and be charged by the police. If terry can be charged (potentially) by video evidence then these people can surely be charged and banned from twitter.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »
It's disgraceful. Same goes for lots of YouTube comments.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 01:59:42 PM »
Just heard that twitter has issued a statement saying that all racist abuse is being investigated.
Let's hope that includes handing over peoples IP address to the police.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 01:59:53 PM »
I am very new to twitter but my god there are some complete arseholes on there spouting all sorts of bollox. All they do is show themselves as being complete morons.

Offline midnite

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 02:48:15 PM »
Just heard that twitter has issued a statement saying that all racist abuse is being investigated.
Let's hope that includes handing over peoples IP address to the police.

Yeah, good news but watch those keyboard warriors disappear back under their rocks and out of sight.
Cowards!

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 03:16:09 PM »
It's so sad.

I can't believe people are like that. Everything wrong with a medium like twitter. They should be held accountable and be charged by the police. If terry can be charged (potentially) by video evidence then these people can surely be charged and banned from twitter.

Its the whole thing with the internet being relatively unregulated.

On the internet in general there should be as little outside regulation as practicably possible, even if we are going to come across people spouting stuff we find highly dubious/objectionable/upsetting - either because they have extreme frankly sick views or as I suspect half the time just trying to shock or get a reaction.
Laws on racism and incitement should on occasion be used, but it should be kept to the absolute minimum no matter how much we hate what is being said.
My guess is that action against the Twitter racists will be taken. One part of me says good, because what has been written is absolutely disgusting, but another part of me wonders whether this is really getting to the problems of racist attitudes in football and society. Much in the same way as people who have been sent to prison for setting up sites to tell people in a particular town to riot in the summer was just The State making an example of them instead of addressing the actual causes of the riots.

It really is a case of where you draw the line, and as in the end it is The State that has to enforce regulation I want that line drawn as vague and indistinct as possible even if it does give freedom and license to objectionable idiots on the internet.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 03:40:57 PM »
That Twitter feed is horrific.

Oh, and Kenny Dalglish is a horrible little man.  How can he publicly support Suarez repeatedly?  The guy's admitted using a word that any respectable person would find offensive yet he continues to defend him.  Horrible little man.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 03:52:50 PM »
They should fucking hammer that c*** Dalglish and his twattish club.

Offline Rich6by7

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 03:58:41 PM »
There are some serious idiots out there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Suarez was found guilty of racism, was he not? His club are entitled to appeal, fine. However:

1. Were all the Liverpool T-shirt wearers privy to all the evidence that those who passed judgement on him were? Or do they just have their colleague's side of the story? Either way, perhaps their show of support should have waited until after the appeal.

2. Suppose the appeal is uncuccesful? That would mean that, in the eyes of the powers that be, Liverpool Football Club have a player guilty of racism in their midst. Those T-shirts would look a bit stupid, then, wouldn't they?

Perhaps waiting for the appeal would be the best option for all concerned, yes? Liverpool could then make a public show of support for their player if found not guilty on appeal, and if the appeal is unsuccesful, their players would look just as bad as those Twitter idiots on Collymore's feed.

Fair play to McGrath. As usual.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2011, 04:07:47 PM »
It's disgraceful. Same goes for lots of YouTube comments.

You watch a video on YouTube, have a quick look at the comments and you often find it's like a sanctuary for the moronic.

Offline midnite

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 04:33:50 PM »
I agree Andy, at the end of the day the Internet is freedom of speech an everyone is entitled to that. Spouting off your beliefs whether I agree with that person or not is one thing. Personally attacking someone on their twitter account I think is different. You're not just siting your views you're personally attacking them.

If someone has a racist rant on YouTube or on their website I can chose to click and view/read it. On twitter I don't.
It would go against what the Internet is about and what it stood for to have it fully moderated though I agree.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 04:49:35 PM »
Liverpool fans are fucking disgrace. Look at the racist wankers.

http://i43.tinypic.com/200xz7m.jpg

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal