collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reasons to be cheerful?  (Read 11286 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Reasons to be cheerful?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 10:20:31 AM »
Couldn`t make it last night due to a prior engagement in Formby - glad to hear the performance was improved, however, not wishing to pee on your chips Legion but: We played well at home and lost, we conceded too many corners, we conceded a late goal, Hutton got his long awaited red card. We are not exactly in freefall but we are starting the slide down the table which was forecast by many - it does nor auger well for the New Year.
Clearly we are writing off the games against the top 5 or 6 - Lets just hope the "Ginger One" can get the troops rallied for the games against those who we will undoubtedly be close to, come early January. Supporting this club is never easy is it?

Away with your negativity. There are other threads for that - this is a happy place!

Ok - I am really pleased that we lost again at home - I am distraught that I missed the opportunity to see us play so well. :)

I shall however,  look forward to us playing equally as well at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Anfield and The Emirates ! 

To be fair mate, he wasn't saying you shouldn't complain, just that there about 1 billion other threads where people are complaining, but it would be nice if there was one thread where we could at least try to look at some of the positives.

two positives

no Collins and no Heskey

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 10:35:16 AM »
Couldn`t make it last night due to a prior engagement in Formby - glad to hear the performance was improved, however, not wishing to pee on your chips Legion but: We played well at home and lost, we conceded too many corners, we conceded a late goal, Hutton got his long awaited red card. We are not exactly in freefall but we are starting the slide down the table which was forecast by many - it does nor auger well for the New Year.
Clearly we are writing off the games against the top 5 or 6 - Lets just hope the "Ginger One" can get the troops rallied for the games against those who we will undoubtedly be close to, come early January. Supporting this club is never easy is it?

Away with your negativity. There are other threads for that - this is a happy place!

Ok - I am really pleased that we lost again at home - I am distraught that I missed the opportunity to see us play so well. :)

I shall however,  look forward to us playing equally as well at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Anfield and The Emirates ! 

See not hard, was it?

And in order to be fair I'll balance things out be having a bit of a moan:-
I can't believe shit players like Hutton and Ireland upped their game and took away one of our chief outlets of frustration venting.  And what was Charles N'-fucking-Zogbia doing looking like a £10m player?  Don't these twats know they're crap??   

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 10:53:44 AM »
I must say I'm feeling better today although we lost because we actually had a go at the opposition and N'zog's and Albrighton's performance were much better happy days.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 10:55:16 AM »
If N'Zogbia continues to improve I won't feel so daft with this user name.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 11:14:31 AM »
Looking forward to playing like we did last night with added Darren Bent to put the chances away.

Offline nigel

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2011, 11:28:44 AM »
I just wish sometimes AMC would say to Collins  ' stop fooking hoofing the ball , mindless tit '   

I mean , we looked better without JC hoofing it , so why does he do it , why isn't he told not to .  Cuellar only played because JC was not 100% fit .   It has taken 17 games for AMC to realise that passing the ball and not hoofing is the forward way for this club .
Spot on, but, in fairness to AMcL he probably does tell him not to do it.
Let's just hope this is the start of the begining of a new defensive era.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »
I think one thing about the 'hoof' was playing Clark in that deep midfield role as he was usually available for a pass from the CBs, which hasn't always been the case this season.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »
Brilliant performance.

Big problem though- Bent would have probably scored but we wouldn't have played so well with Bent in the team because we would have had to sacrifice a creative player.

I'd start same 11 against Stoke but with Herd at RB and Bent on the Bench.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 11:58:54 AM »
I'll be more than cheerful if we repeat last nights performance and pick up 3 points at Stoke on Boxing Day. After that I won't complain if we turn over Chelsea.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2011, 12:40:20 PM »
Cuellar in for Collins and Clark in that role are two things I've been waiting for. Getting Albrighton and N'Zogbia playing well is vital too, that will be a massive help to Bent. Hopefully Herd can nail down the right back position as well.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2011, 10:52:40 AM »
It'd be daft to leave Bent on the bench if he's fit. Yes, he is a luxury player, yes we need N'Zogbia, Gabby and Albrighton in the side but he is still one of the most prolific goal scorers in the Premier League over the past 5 or 6 seasons. It's be folly not to play him.

With the players we have, we should be looking to score two or three every game.

Maybe we should go all out for a top class defensive central midfielder? If we had a really solid midfielder to slot in beside any of Petrov, Herd, Clark, Bannan we could play an attacking 4-4-2 with Albrighton and N'Zogbia as wingers and Gabby and Bent up front?

Am I daft?

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2011, 10:58:29 PM »
No offence mate but how is Bent a luxury player... apart from his transfer fee and salary? He ought to be first name on the team sheet  and our gameplan should be to put the ball on the end of his boot at every available opportunity without question. 

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2011, 12:03:08 AM »
Bent is a bit of aluxury, although perhaps that isn't quite the right word. He doesn't contribute much to the development of play, and we struggle to play snything but 442 with him in the side when that often isn't the best formation to play

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2011, 01:48:53 PM »
Bent is a bit of aluxury, although perhaps that isn't quite the right word. He doesn't contribute much to the development of play, and we struggle to play snything but 442 with him in the side when that often isn't the best formation to play

Exactly right Matt.  Bent is the icing on the cake but the other players have to do a lot of his work in order to let him tap it in from 5 yards.  If you look at most the top teams the centre forward is a lot harder to identify, I mean this in the sense that they have at least on other major asset to their game - Messi and Rooney both often play as a false Number 9.  Van Persie is equally adept at dropping deep or to the wing.  Adebayor is the target man to allow VDV to push forward.

I'd say that Chicarito is probably the only player of Bent's ilk that is playing right at the top level.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2011, 09:15:19 PM »
Error
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:19:06 PM by Matt Collins »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal