collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fed up with football  (Read 16345 times)

Online Chris Harte

Re: Fed up with football
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2011, 10:10:43 PM »
If people are losing their enthusiasm then let them say so.

I was there several years ago. And its quite easy to feel like that.

You feel that the football's dull as ditchwater, yet those serving it up are earning on average more per week than you do in a year. Then yes, fuck it, say you're pissed off with it. And to compare football to other sports isn't really an argument, in my opinion. How do we know fans of other sports aren't equally as pissed off with it?

Personally, I don't see a problem with saying so. And to those saying the disillusioned are the most vocal, are you sure? It seems there's a small trickle of such minded people on here. I wouldn't be surprise if there was a huge number who felt the same, yet were keeping schtum.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2011, 10:41:19 PM »
I am begining to get less passionate but enjoying the PL for what it is, theatre. The Arsenal Citeh game was great entertainment, i enjoyed the Villa Arse game last night because we had a go at them and played some great stuff. All this from sitting in front of a screen inmy own home. At this time of year I would normally be making sure I get to see the Villa a few times, so they put us at Stoke on Boxing Day night and the reality of what they have turned the game into is a TV spectator sport.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2011, 12:23:07 PM »
I'll be going to my first 'live' game for a year in february and have never looked forward to a match so much in my life.

The fact it's in Barcelona might have something to do with it. Bloody gloryhunter.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal