collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 10:15:04 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Ads
[Today at 10:14:50 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:11:13 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Richard E
[Today at 10:08:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 10:08:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by rougegorge
[Today at 10:08:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 10:05:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:04:56 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: McLeish out Chants / banners / protests  (Read 83913 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: McLeish out Chants / banners / protests
« Reply #375 on: April 27, 2012, 09:38:01 AM »
My protest on a personal note is aimed at Faulkner. He interviewed McLeish, he told Lerner to appoint him. Faulkner has been a disaster from the start and I sooner see him go and proven exec with knowledge of the game can hand Mcleish is P45 and get in the right man
He sounded like he was really trying to cover his own arse on TalkSport the other day

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #376 on: April 27, 2012, 09:44:36 AM »
Interesting to see some of the earlier posts on this thread dismissing attacks on the manager because we were 10th at the time, and never mind the dire, negative football being dished up.  Others, including me,  were expressing concern even back then that, not only was the football shite, but that,  despite the league position, we weren't picking up enough wins to cover our arses when we hit our difficult looking final third of the season.  But we were told "the table doesn't lie".   I suppose this amounts to a "told you so", but you didn't have to be Nostradamus to see where it was heading, and it's by no means pleasant to see such predictions coming to fruition.  Frankly the manager should have been sacked based on Spurs away alone, which was an absolute disgrace.
The fact that it is clear that Lerner was happy to spend the season just muddling through is an absolute disgrace.An insult to the club and supporters who are spending good money to at least be entertained.If this was any other club he would have been sacked weeks ago

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #377 on: April 27, 2012, 10:22:49 AM »
Months ago Zoggy. The day after Wigan away it was clear where we were heading under McLeish. Bent running around on his own up front with no service? Playing for a draw at Wigan? A disgrace.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #378 on: April 27, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
The trouble is now, that with all the best intentions in the world, if we go behind in any game this season the crowd are going to go for McLeish big time.  It's just human nature.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #379 on: April 27, 2012, 10:36:09 AM »
The trouble is now, that with all the best intentions in the world, if we go behind in any game this season the crowd are going to go for McLeish big time.  It's just human nature.
Another reason why he should be sacked now.

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #380 on: April 27, 2012, 10:45:42 AM »
I think the time we get enough points to become safe is the time McLeish's reign will end.

Also if we don't.

Offline SX150

« Reply #381 on: April 27, 2012, 11:11:20 AM »
Was just thinking of the joyous day at Villa Park when the Dog Shit got relegated last season. Now one year on there is the possibility of them being in the Premiership and ourselves in the Championship and the entire events being down to one certain Alex MCleish. If this were to happen I'm sure we will all be saying we should have acted a whole lot sooner. Get the idiot out of Villa Park ASAP.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #382 on: April 27, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »
Was just thinking of the joyous day at Villa Park when the Dog Shit got relegated last season. Now one year on there is the possibility of them being in the Premiership and ourselves in the Championship and the entire events being down to one certain Alex MCleish. If this were to happen I'm sure we will all be saying we should have acted a whole lot sooner. Get the idiot out of Villa Park ASAP.
I'll never struggle to explain irony to my kids now

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #383 on: April 27, 2012, 11:25:34 AM »

I think we put a curse on ourselves that day!

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #384 on: April 27, 2012, 11:28:18 AM »

I think we put a curse on ourselves that day!
As soon as he was appointed,all I could think about was that day.I knew then it would come back to haunt us

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal