collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: McLeish out Chants / banners / protests  (Read 83918 times)

Offline MarkM

Re: McCleish out Chants / banners / protests
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »
I really do think that he is out of his depth with a club of the size of the Villa.

Its no shame, many players have not been able to make the step up and its the same for managers [Just look at Roy Kean]

Lerner should recognise this and sort it out, trouble is I get the impression that Mr Lerner himself is a little out of his depth at the moment and is holding on and hoping for the best.

In my opinion Mcliesh is beaten [and looked like it on Sunday] and the time has come for him to go his merry way

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »
While mcleish must take blame for team selection and tactics he has lost his star providers and been given far less to spend having lost almost half of last seasons team in friedal, walker, reo-coker, downing and young and any manager coming in will struggle to get results without serious financial backing.
True but he had N'Zog and Albie in the squad to be providers   and has only recently started playing them in the side together - as   per Young and Downing.
I  think however that mcleish now has a virtually impossible task and has lost the fans in too big a way to turn it around and it will inevitably end in his departure in the coming months.
The first half is probably right but whether the second clause will play out is debatable - RL has already taken the hit on several payouts recently.
As the article linked in my signature below says.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:05:23 PM by EffDee »

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 04:05:31 PM »
I was not suggesting we did anything it was a question to guage how the mood has changed. I was one of the few that did not welcome him but was prepared to give him a chance and a clean slate. My thoughts have changed each time i speak with my Blues mates. The more i speak to them about his time at the temple of doom the more we are turning into them. What i cannot understand is man for man every position we have is a better calibre of player than he had at Blues yet we are actually playing worse. Only Gabby has improved but after a season of injury, fall outs with GH and his boyhood love for villa that was almost expected.

Every other player has seemingly gone backwards. As another poster said he could have the Barca midfiled and Messi and would stop them playing. I see the players before kick off and the feeling is one of that they have just met up like a pub side. No laughing, team spirit - just nothing

Now if there is truth in player power then drop the feckers - Collins et al we have replacements so why does he not drop them

You just know that come tomorrow barring injury it will be the same old team and tactics

I have never seen a more cowardly, inept, unmotivational, tactically inept manager in my life

The thing we have that keeps us going in football is hope - whatever level you watch or play in its hope that today will be a game to remember, a thrill a minute end to end game of fast paced skilled football

We look beaten before we take to the field and once that hope is taken what the hell is left.

It really is a sad state of affairs. If it was player mutiny - then i am sorry it is the manager who can change that

Play the bloody reserves if need be - we would probably still lose but at least he would have my respect for having some balls against so called mutinous players

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 04:06:34 PM »
Facebook groups and banners are symptoms of the poxy X Factor Britain we live in. Everyone's got a voice, everyone's got an opinion and if something isn't done about it there and then, it's toys out of the pram time.

Banners make Villa look cheap and the more I hear from the boors who purport to follow our club, the more I want McLeish to stay and succeed.

If you want to see yourselves on television waving your bedsheets, making twats of yourself then go ahead but as far as I'm concerned you're no better than the shower of shite down the road. You are an embarrassment to the glorious name of Aston Villa.

Get a fucking grip and support the team.

Totally agreed.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 04:11:40 PM »
Everyone's got a voice, everyone's got an opinion and if something isn't done about it there and then, it's toys out of the pram time.

That could be the H&V motto!

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 04:14:11 PM »
There was a 'Had Enough, Houllier Out' banner

The Holte End sang "Fuck off Houllier, the Villa is ours"

The Holte End sang "Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning"

The Holte End sang "You don't know what you're doing"

And the board still backed Houllier.

The fans outside Villa Park sang "We don't want McLeish, say we don't want McLeish"

They had banners saying "Stay the Eck away from Villa Park"

17,000 Villa fans joined a Facebook group called "Aston Villa fans we don't want Alex McLeish"

And the board still appointed McLeish.

Frankly, the board do not care what the fans think.

Perfect summing up of the Board's attitude. Lerner attends a game so few times he's out of touch. Faulkner does as he's told, as for Gen Krulak? A complete joke!

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 04:15:13 PM »
A protest would be wasted.The Browns fans have been doing it for years.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2011, 04:16:48 PM »
Facebook groups and banners are symptoms of the poxy X Factor Britain we live in. Everyone's got a voice, everyone's got an opinion and if something isn't done about it there and then, it's toys out of the pram time.

Banners make Villa look cheap and the more I hear from the boors who purport to follow our club, the more I want McLeish to stay and succeed.

If you want to see yourselves on television waving your bedsheets, making twats of yourself then go ahead but as far as I'm concerned you're no better than the shower of shite down the road. You are an embarrassment to the glorious name of Aston Villa.

Totally agreed.

Just because you dissagree with them, does'nt make them wrong in there aims

Offline Damo70

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 04:18:24 PM »
I am concerned about the performances and results along with everyone else but I'm also concerned with how we are perceived by the media and other fans. Most journalists and keen football fans over 25 would probably remember we weren't keen on John Gregory despite doing reasonably well, we turned on Sir Graham, hated O'Leary (although I think they would let us have that one), moaned about MON despite doing well under him, moaned about GH pretty much from the start and raged about AM even before the start. Now we are throwing major tantrums when we are in a mid table position. We all knew December would be tough. I think we are starting to look silly and should try and hold our collective nerve a bit better.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 04:21:21 PM »
A protest would be wasted.The Browns fans have been doing it for years.

Yes, and with Lerner's ''I know best'' pig-headed attitude it will see us in the Championship very soon. He's useless!

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 04:25:07 PM »

Already small pockets of anti AM songs have started  - how long before this grows and grows to a point where RL has to at the very least come out and do / say something

Same as is always done. The sheep stay silent until enough around them are bold enough to join in.
I am totally against an action that will guarantee we lose and make us look a laughing stock like Blackburn.

Well if you know any actions that will guarantee a win I'm all for it. Although Blackburn have also won games with the boo boys present.

I believe Blackburn fans are protesting over owners who don't seem to know what they are doing, selling their best players but not reinvesting the money properly and appointing a manager who is well out of his depth.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »

Already small pockets of anti AM songs have started  - how long before this grows and grows to a point where RL has to at the very least come out and do / say something

Same as is always done. The sheep stay silent until enough around them are bold enough to join in.
I am totally against an action that will guarantee we lose and make us look a laughing stock like Blackburn.

Well if you know any actions that will guarantee a win I'm all for it. Although Blackburn have also won games with the boo boys present.

I believe Blackburn fans are protesting over owners who don't seem to know what they are doing, selling their best players but not reinvesting the money properly and appointing a manager who is well out of his depth.

Full support from the whole crowd throughout the game would help but we never get that, even when we are playing well.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »

Agreed in principle mbb, and the attendance and depth of "backlash" at the moment suggests that the vast majority of Villa supporters feel exactly the same. It's only a few who are "rebelling". I will try to forget Sunday and look forward optimistically to us turning things around tomorrow. As manager of our club we all want McLeish to succeed!
But, surely fans who feel strongly are allowed to express their opinion and let those at the top of the tree know that we're not very happy about being shat upon. Otherwise, they will assume everything's just fine and dandy won't they? Is expressing concern for the way we're playing and being run at present "making twats of yourself"?
I will always support my team but it hurts to see the way things seem to be going at the moment. I can almost guarantee that those at the top and representing AVFC will all have moved on in 5 years' time, leaving the club in whatever state they do. The supporters will still be here getting "a fucking grip and supporting the team" like we always have.
As soppy as it sounds the fans care about the club. It seems at the moment as though no fucker else does!

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 04:33:34 PM »
Shouldn't we just support the team? Particularly during the actual match. Boo at the end if you like!

Offline luke25

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
There was a couple of chants around me on sunday including "my mom could do a better job"

Were these the same idiots who were booing Jose Enrique for the first 10 minutes?
I could'nt get my head around that, I was trying to think if he'd got previous with us or something then realised it was because they thought it was Downing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal