collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:57:59 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: McLeish out Chants / banners / protests  (Read 83747 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
McLeish out Chants / banners / protests
« on: December 20, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »
Assuming we have another negative line up, piss poor tactics, no heart and Emile Heskey against Arsenal with the all too bleeding predictable loss as well as played off the park.

Is it time yet to take some action against the manager and regretably the board who inconcievably chose him?

Already small pockets of anti AM songs have started  - how long before this grows and grows to a point where RL has to at the very least come out and do / say something

Its like watching our club go through a painful death at the moment.

Is it time to make our opinions count?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 06:23:56 PM by Legion »

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: McCleish out Chants / banners / protests
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 02:13:16 PM »
No, by the way explain what you mean by "another negative line up"?

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 02:18:56 PM »

Already small pockets of anti AM songs have started  - how long before this grows and grows to a point where RL has to at the very least come out and do / say something

Same as is always done. The sheep stay silent until enough around them are bold enough to join in.
I am totally against an action that will guarantee we lose and make us look a laughing stock like Blackburn.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:35:14 PM by dave clark five »

Offline luke25

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 02:22:39 PM »
There was a couple of chants around me on sunday including "my mom could do a better job"

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »
No, by the way explain what you mean by "another negative line up"?

I would say negative tactics, rather than lin-up, although having Emile in midfield (or anywhere in the team) is piss poor.

As Randy appointed him, why not aim the chants at him? Not that I agree in doing this.

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 02:33:49 PM »
There was a couple of chants around me on sunday including "my mom could do a better job"

Were these the same idiots who were booing Jose Enrique for the first 10 minutes?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 02:34:02 PM »
It will kick off soon enough. The ABAM brigade have been biding their time since the start of the season. They couldn't get him out then because a)Lerner would have looked a plonker if he'd sacked a manager before he'd had a game and b) because their argument against AM wasn't based on anything logical, but performances and results are rapidly changing that.

He's onto a loser basically. Unfairly, he'd have to finish at least the same position as last season with a crappier squad to survive longer than May. And even if he managed that, it would all start again next season as soon as we had a few bad results

If we do end up in the 15th-16th area of the league come January then Lerner will have to decide whether to try and keep him on till the summer against the fan's wishes and then quietly let him go or make a switch in January. An unpleasant decision for Lerner to make either way, but seeing its totally his own fault, i haven't much sympathy for him.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 02:34:36 PM »
I quite liked the chorus of "what the fuck is going on?" on sunday. More of that please.

Offline philthebar

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 02:34:43 PM »
Much rather see us get behind the team.

Don't expect much in the transfer window - but must give the guy a fair crack of the whip - which is more than half a season.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 02:36:05 PM »
I don't agree with being anti-Villa during the game. But I think the writing is on the wall for Mcleish, whether it comes sooner or later I don't know.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 02:40:07 PM »
Never really agreed with protesting or anti-manager/board banners. The question about them I have to ask is what they are seeking to achieve? To let the board know people are unhappy? Surely everyone knows already that a significant percentage are unhappy with things at the moment. All it will achieve is to distract the players, make the manager even more scared of losing games and possibly make the supporters look like idiots (like the Blackburn fans who booed Yakubu for celebrating with Kean-Out and the Liverpool fans who went in 10 minutes late to the game they were going to anyway).

If people are really desperate to send the club a message they should stay away and not put any money into the club (not that I would personally do this). It's far less damaging and far more effective. If you go to the ground you should try to at least support the team.

Offline eastie

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 02:41:44 PM »
It will kick off soon enough. The ABAM brigade have been biding their time since the start of the season. They couldn't get him out then because a)Lerner would have looked a plonker if he'd sacked a manager before he'd had a game and b) because their argument against AM wasn't based on anything logical, but performances and results are rapidly changing that.

He's onto a loser basically. Unfairly, he'd have to finish at least the same position as last season with a crappier squad to survive longer than May. And even if he managed that, it would all start again next season as soon as we had a few bad results

If we do end up in the 15th-16th area of the league come January then Lerner will have to decide whether to try and keep him on till the summer against the fan's wishes and then quietly let him go or make a switch in January. An unpleasant decision for Lerner to make either way, but seeing its totally his own fault, i haven't much sympathy for him.

Perfect summing up of things gnasher!

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 02:44:56 PM »
I honestly think Randy will let us get relegated before sacking AM, he just won't sack him, he would look such an idiot.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »
I'm waiting for the point when apathy turns to anger down there because you can feel it beginning to change. May happen tomorrow if it becomes as emarrassing as the last two home games.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 02:47:55 PM »
I don't like booing the team during games, and I don't really like anti-manager chants, I'd rather focus on the match while it is going on.

I thought that the ironic "Ole's" when we managed to string two passes together were far more effective in conveying the feelings of a lot of the supporters than any "sack McLeish" chants would be.

Far more depressing, too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal