collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How safe are we?  (Read 31136 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
How safe are we?
« on: December 18, 2011, 10:02:02 PM »
Has anyone done the predictor thingy? i ask because looking at the fixtures we have another horror run of fixtures at the end of March to the middle of April where four out of five games are against the top sides, if we are still producing woeful performances as against Liverpool i can see us being right in a relegation battle.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: How safe are we?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 10:06:49 PM »
We'll be safe, but only because there are enough piss poor sides to beat in order to stay up.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:07:47 PM »
We've got Sheffield Wednesday written all over us.  Remember them, big club, decent side with some good players and a charasmatic Manager, kept a couple of players from leaving to join the "giants of the game'', a couple of top 3/4 finishes.  Then said Manager left, the Board lacked the ambition, players were sold and at the 3 or 4th attempt managed to finally get relegated, with afew embarressing cup exits thrown in for good measure.

On the way they became the proverbial whores of the League giving regularly inspid performances while attendances dwindelled, rolling over to have the tummy tickled for 3 points whenever one of those 'giants' came to town.

That's where were headed, maybe not this year but in the next 2 or 3.

Shit aint it.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 10:10:47 PM »
We are relegation form.

There are 3 Villa's at the moment
1. Hammer the bottom 3 teams
2. Struggle against the mid-table teams
3. Get hammered and fall apart against the top 6 teams.

We are in a real mess, the whole squad needs refreshing and Randy is trying to do anything not to spend any money.

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 10:11:12 PM »
Behave man!

Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, West Brom, Wolves, Fulham, Swansea, Norwich, Everton & us (Sunderland), will more than likely end up below you guys this season.

Not to mention Newcastle who i genuinelly think will hit a bad run and plummet.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 10:12:57 PM »
I'm too scared to do the predictor and that's just being honest. I have never been so disillusioned as I am now. Look, I do not rate Houllier at all, but at least he had good players which gave us hope. I don't rate McLeish and we no longer have the Ashley Young's of the league. So, there's less hope.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 10:13:48 PM »
The quality of the league is so poor that 38 points will be enough to survive. So we don't need more than another four wins and seven draws to be safe. If we manage five wins and six draws we will have 40 points which should see us well above the relegation zone.

The key is to keep winning against Bolton and Blackburn. We should also try to beat Swansea at home. Wigan away will be difficult, but maybe we can beat QPR at home. Another surprise win and we will have a total of nine wins this season. Add to that a sufficient number of draws, I don't think that will be a problem, and we should stear well clear of relegation.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »
The teams we have beaten are Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton and Norwich,

In other words, the bottom three and a newly promoted team who put n a comical display of defending.

That says a lot.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 10:15:40 PM »
Behave man!

Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, West Brom, Wolves, Fulham, Swansea, Norwich, Everton & us (Sunderland), will more than likely end up below you guys this season.

Have you seen us play this season?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 10:24:18 PM »
There are enough crap sides in the league for us to survive this season, and do so comfortably.

However, next season, especially if things continue on current form (selling better players and bringing in mostly crap to replace them) I may not be so confident.

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 10:26:03 PM »
Behave man!

Have you seen us play this season?

Yes marra, you have in my opinion too much quality and firepower over the above referenced sides. However, i do think the next two transfer windows are important to you as regards to next season.  Don't be surprized if BŁnt jumps ship in the summer.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 10:45:51 PM by Davey B »

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 10:26:59 PM »
I've got to say this thread is a sad indictment of what we are becoming. As paulie says, we've beaten 3 terrible sides and 1 promoted side. It's not impressive stuff and unless leadership is shown at the club it is only going to get worse.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 10:27:21 PM »
There are enough crap sides in the league for us to survive this season, and do so comfortably.

However, next season, especially if things continue on current form (selling better players and bringing in mostly crap to replace them) I may not be so confident.

There's also the acceptance of "not going down" as something we should be aiming for.

Offline ChrissyPrice

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 10:56:50 PM »
Davey B, fancy a role as counsellor on here?

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 11:03:04 PM »
Davey B, fancy a role as counsellor on here?

pmsl!  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal