collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: A song for hamster-bollocks?  (Read 14481 times)

Online not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: A song for hamster-bollocks?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2011, 01:22:23 PM »
"He gave us one good season"

Did he bollocks.

Oh yes he did. He was our best player last season for me.

And me.

Easily pleased.

Does this has to turn into a another "how good was Downing thread".  Those who didn't think he was any good can content themselves by saying the people that voted for Downing as player of the year by a comfortable margin are easily pleased as above.  However none of that is relevant now as whatever he was he is now a traitorous c*nt.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2011, 02:01:13 PM »

Did he bollocks.

And me.

Easily pleased.

Does this has to turn into a another "how good was Downing thread".  Those who didn't think he was any good can content themselves by saying the people that voted for Downing as player of the year by a comfortable margin are easily pleased as above.  However none of that is relevant now as whatever he was he is now a traitorous c*nt.

Indeed. I think the best assessment of his worth to the team is to say that he has a reasonable claim to have been our best player in what was largely a forgetable season, the lily-livered, caramel-kidneyed, custard- coloured cad. PS Stewart, I really hope your new agent doesn't mis-appropriate your funds like his predecessor and I mean that most sincerely.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »
Somehow I knew that hamster-bollocks referrred to Downing....

Offline rutski

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 03:04:10 PM »
Louie. If I sing that on Sunday would you mind? Absolutely brilliant words!

Online frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 03:22:56 PM »

Did he bollocks.

And me.
Average at best for me.
Me too CH.
Always thought he had potential and we saw it on occasions but I can't help feeling he never gave us 100%. But then I think he's the sort of player who never gives 100% to anyone. His recent comments (can't remember where I saw them?!) about how you could get away with stuff at the Villa but you can't at Liverpool sort of sums him up. Almost saying he could have done better but couldn't be arsed! Now he's with a "top club" he can be arsed?
Typical modern footballer?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2011, 08:12:24 PM »
Custard coloured cad.   I love that.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2011, 09:54:26 PM »
"Maybe the fans will give a wee bit of apprehension-inducing stick, shall we say." McLeish on Downing today according to Mat Kendrick

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »
Stewart 'Traitor' Downing

From this:

Yes, I am happy here. There is speculation that players are going to clubs all the time but I am happy here. Since the first day I came here I have enjoyed every minute

A lot of faith went into me when Martin paid a lot of money for me when I was injured

On a personal note I want to do well because the club put a lot of faith in me

It's a family club. You feel very welcome and there's a great environment. I love the fact the team has great ambition for the future

I'm looking forward to next season already. We're looking to really progress

I am thoroughly enjoying my time at Villa. Even though it's been a frustrating season, I see the bigger picture and the ambition of the club

It’s part and parcel of being a player and doing well. Ever since I was young I’ve read stories saying ‘you’re going here, you’re going there.' Obviously if you have a good season you get linked, but I’m happy here

There are terrific players here. I’m confident, despite this season, that we’re going in the right direction and, if we get the right players in, then I’m happy

The important thing in football is if you’re happy, then why change it. I know it’s been a disappointing season but I can see the bigger picture

To this

My agent had a recent meeting with our chief executive. However, I am 26, and at a major crossroads in my career, so I won't be committing to a new deal at the moment

I want to keep playing and enjoying my football. When I was injured that made me realise what it can be like to be out for such a long time. It hurt. The most important thing is to play football, but I do want to play in the Champions League at some point

With England as well, all the top players play in good teams. I'm no different

You just want the best for your career. You want to finish with medals at the end of it so, if it's a step up with Villa or with someone else, then I'm ready for it

You watch teams in the Champions League and it makes you wish you were there. You sit at home and watch it, hear the music come on, you see the teams and you think 'that's where you want to be.
It's the pinnacle. It's the best. It's the best standard with the best players. It would be nice to taste that one day

My agent had a meeting with the club - just one meeting - and he just felt it was the right time not to sign my contract

Will I be at Villa next season? I'm not sure

You hope they do (understand) but normal fans will want you to stay at their club for the rest of your life. If you do leave there's obviously a bit of bitterness there

You hope they do understand because, it's like any job, if there's a better job on hand, or a better level to do it, then people do it

It's up to their fans and their opinions of me. If they want to be loud and clear with what they think of me, then that's fine

Let's give the ungrateful little prick 90 minutes of unadulterated abuse.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2011, 11:05:05 PM »

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2011, 11:27:46 PM »
Stewart 'Traitor' Downing

From this:

Yes, I am happy here. There is speculation that players are going to clubs all the time but I am happy here. Since the first day I came here I have enjoyed every minute

To this

My agent had a meeting with the club - just one meeting - and he just felt it was the right time not to sign my contract

You hope they do understand because, it's like any job, if there's a better job on hand, or a better level to do it, then people do it

It's up to their fans and their opinions of me. If they want to be loud and clear with what they think of me, then that's fine

Let's give the ungrateful little prick 90 minutes of unadulterated abuse.

I'm curious as to when you decided that SD was not a player you would want to support.  He was actually very good for us last season, particularly during the last few matches when some commentators had written us off.

In fact I was surprised when he went. I don't think I'm the only supporter who was surprised, compared with say, Ash leaving, which loads of us could see happening and a lot of us understood. 
Ungrateful little whatever - certainly. He jumped ship. Did you know all this (in your post) before he did that?

If not - why on earth post this now.  Yes we know and we don't need it! Come on, TRS-T, stop beating the drum.     

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2011, 11:55:05 PM »
£20 million. That's ours. 0 assists. 0 goals. That's theirs.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2011, 12:03:19 AM »

I'm curious as to when you decided that SD was not a player you would want to support.  He was actually very good for us last season, particularly during the last few matches when some commentators had written us off.

In fact I was surprised when he went. I don't think I'm the only supporter who was surprised, compared with say, Ash leaving, which loads of us could see happening and a lot of us understood. 
Ungrateful little whatever - certainly. He jumped ship. Did you know all this (in your post) before he did that?

If not - why on earth post this now.  Yes we know and we don't need it! Come on, TRS-T, stop beating the drum.   

Well Downing was my favorite Villa player. I even had his name on the back of my shirt.

But as soon as he came out with these quotes and what not at the end of last season (May or June), that's when I felt betrayed.

Also if you remember there was an England game vs Switzerland at Wembley in early June which I think finished 2-2.

I remember the press interviewed both Downing and Young.

They were both Villa players but they were of course asked about their future at the club.

Young was very respectful "concentrating on the England game" "will talk to chairman" etc etc

Downing was trying to engineer above to Liverpool "i'm ambitious" "want to win trophies" "ready to make a step up" etc

Before that I loved him.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2011, 12:16:18 AM »
As most people would acknowledge,he wasn't an important player for us even given his decent form under GH. The ones who were important, Young, Barry, Milner, to be fair i was gutted to see them go but they put a shift in over their time with us and you had to say, well you're not gonna win anything with us so good luck really

However, Downing owed us this season i thought, given we took on a crooked player and when he did recover, played him back into form because he was shocking for a long while.

To be fair maybe Lerner wanted the money, but Downing was obviously tapped-up and the way he turned once he saw a better offer is why footballers are held in such low esteem. Can't see the point of targeting him with chants because he obviously won't give a shit.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2011, 08:58:38 AM »
He has come to symbolise the disappointment following raised expectations being dashed.  I think he did owe the club another season and for that I think he deserves some of the stick he'll get if he plays.  To have gotten this far in football he must have some guts, but I do think he might be the kind of player that would be a bit intimidated - he wouldn't have ever experienced it before.  Bit like Barry last season.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2011, 10:26:27 AM »
My repertoire for tomorrow will consist of:-

Judas

Stewart Downing, what a wanker, what a wanker, what a wanker, what a wanker

And of course - Boooooooo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal