collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bosmans  (Read 16411 times)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Bosmans
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 10:37:11 AM »
I can't believe Blackburn have let his contract run down like this - imagine the reaction on here if we had done that with Albrighton??

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »
Fair bit of dross there too.
Don;t forget we have Enda Stevens coming in January so I don't see another LB coming in.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 10:51:06 AM »
Diame is a possible signing , hoilet will look for a bigger club.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 10:58:51 AM »
Fair bit of dross there too.
Don;t forget we have Enda Stevens coming in January so I don't see another LB coming in.

I'm not as down on Warnock as some on here, so I'm OK with that for LB.  If Stevens doesn't work out then we can look at it again and maybe in Jan/summer 2013 get a new LB, but for now and summer 2012 I think we have other priorities.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 12:08:11 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Hoillet, Clyne, and Drenthe at Villa Park would be good signings.

Offline sg

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Clyne and Holliet cost a tribunial fee anyway given both are under 24?

Hypothetically, which would work out more expensive, putting in a Bid for either player in Jan or snapping them up at the end of the season and letting the tribunal decide?

Offline claret and blue canada

• claret and blue canada
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 02:09:53 PM »
Hoillett comes from the same neighbourhood  in Canada as me.Has pissed off
whole country b y refusing to play for Canada. Thinks Jamaica is a better bet for international superstardom.!!!!!! If he plays for villa i could love him and hate him at the same time like the rest of the squad.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
Hoillett is going to be top class, but he wouldn't come to us.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »

You don't ask, you don't get!

There will undoubtedly be many takers, but the higher up the food chain he goes, the less likely he is to get regular first team football. 

Offline Aston Manor

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 02:26:53 PM »
Hoillett? Interesting.

His agent has no doubt been hawking him around a lot of other clubs. He'll know where he'll be going and I'm pretty sure the rest of us will in January when his new club will be announced ahead of the summer move or in the summer itself. I'd like it to be us but I'm not sure we'd be a more attractive switch than Fulham, Stoke, or Newcastle.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 02:33:04 PM »
Hoillett? Interesting.

His agent has no doubt been hawking him around a lot of other clubs. He'll know where he'll be going and I'm pretty sure the rest of us will in January when his new club will be announced ahead of the summer move or in the summer itself. I'd like it to be us but I'm not sure we'd be a more attractive switch than Fulham, Stoke, or Newcastle.

Trying to be as impartial as I can, I'd say we'd be on a par with those clubs.  Wages will be the issue as Randy wants to control them better, so we'd probably be quite easy to outbid.

Offline F. Austin Purcell

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 06:51:32 PM »
Sad really when you think ashley young rejected spurs for us not so long ago.

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 07:19:57 PM »
Unfortunately in our current position there's no way Hoillet will be coming to us. Spurs, I assume.

The Bundesliga looks like the best place to go shopping. Pogrebnyak, Farfan, Olic, Pranjic, Barnetta and Van Buyten could all do a job.

Olic is a player who I've always rated.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »
Hoillett? Interesting.

Are you mental?   (winky effort)

I don't ever recall a period in my life when Fulham or Stoke have been regarded as more attractive options than us.

If Hoillet is as good as he thinks he is, he'll have a better calibre of club coming in for him and looking to exploit his contract situation than that pair.

Newcastle could be an option though, or the likes of Everton or Spurs.

Offline Shoody

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 08:34:02 PM »
Hoillett? Interesting.

Are you mental?   (winky effort)

I don't ever recall a period in my life when Fulham or Stoke have been regarded as more attractive options than us.

If Hoillet is as good as he thinks he is, he'll have a better calibre of club coming in for him and looking to exploit his contract situation than that pair.

Newcastle could be an option though, or the likes of Everton or Spurs.

Disagree. Fulham finished one place behind us last season, are based in the capitol, play a decent style of football and are in Europe still (if he moves in January).

We on the other hand are on the way down (the league), aren't in London, play awful football and arent good attacking (not a good option for an attacking player) and have little hope of offering European football at all for the forseeable future. (unless he speaks to Faulkner and is drunk at the time).

Now im not saying we are poor compared to Fulham but I can see the advantages for a young (non-British) player who had probably barely heard of either club before moving here.

Newcastle are a much more attractive option at the moment (and it's probably at-the-moment that he's making his decisions).

Stoke... no cant see it.

The only thing we can offer ahead of these clubs is a great record with wingers (but those managements have left), a chance to play with a better calibre of player, big(ger) names like Bent, Given, N'Zogbia and Gabby (2 of which I would guess are rather unhappy atm).

Oh and bigger wages.. but thats debatable, depending on how much we want to bring wages down by.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal