collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bosmans  (Read 16412 times)

Offline Shoody

Bosmans
« on: December 13, 2011, 11:54:55 PM »
GarethRDR on VillaTalk has posted a list of every single Premiership player out of contract at the end of this season. Also posted rather long lists of players from Spain, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga.

I won't post the entire list as it must have taken him an absolute age to find and bring together (It's worth a look as there are a lot of players on there that would be worth a look). And he deserves a lot of credit for it tbf.

Think it's pretty fair to assume that freebies or about-to-be-freebies will be the order of the day for atleast the remainder of McLeish's reign with only what we sell being used to spend on new players and [more likely] wages.

Mods: Feel free to merge with Jan Spec thread if you want, thought it deserved its own though...but up to you!

Royston R. R. R. R. R. Drenthe
David Hoillet
Maynor Figueroa
Tranquillo Barnetta

and quite a few others.. also interesting to see the names
Diame
Guthrie
Gibson
in the list too.. All names we've been linked with recently, so shows we ARE looking this way for transfers (no surprise) or atleast the media think so (could be complete bull.)

Could make a relatively decent team from frees.

Given
Clyne - Dunne - Clark - Figueroa
                  Diame
          Gardner   Rosicky
Hoillet                           Gabby
                   Bent

Bench: Guzan, Baker, Stevens, Albrighton, Nzogbia, Bannan, Herd

Clyne will be a top fullback imo and McLeish has tried to sign him once or twice before.

Figueroa isnt a player I really like but he is better than Warnock and cheaper too. Experienced to rotate with Enda.

Hoillet will be a good  player and I think we'd struggle to get him in as could go somewhere better.. Can play upfront and as he's young it would be ideal to rotate him with Marc as and when they fell out of form (expected)

Rosicky wouldnt be a favourite choice but he'd offer some experienced creativity in the middle and can always rotate with Bannan.

Get these in on the cheap in January or in for free in the summer and add in either Dann or Samba in the summer and get rid of Collins/Dunne and a decent Defensive Midfielder (maybe Diame?) but I would love Capoue of Toulouse and I think we'd have a squad capable of decent football, with good mix of Youth and Experience.

View The Full List

P.S. not sure on the rules on posting links to other forums... let me know if this breaks the rules.

Offline luke25

Re: Bosmans
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 11:59:48 PM »
Hoillett? Interesting.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 12:07:05 AM »
And he deserves a lot of credit for it tbf.

Yeah, or, you know, at least a friendly word of advice that it's just possible he's wasting his life.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:10:45 AM »
Must admit from the bits i've seen of him (I don't have Sky) I like the look of Junior Hoilett. Then again, I like the look of a few Blackburn players (Formica, Samba, N'Zonzi) but thats a 3rd of a side that's looked pretty crap for most of the season.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 01:16:11 AM »
hoillet does look like he might have that little bit more to come. the only bright spark in the blackburn gloom.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 08:39:48 AM »
Agreed i have liekd what i have seen of Hoilet

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 08:46:41 AM »
Unfortunately in our current position there's no way Hoillet will be coming to us. Spurs, I assume.

The Bundesliga looks like the best place to go shopping. Pogrebnyak, Farfan, Olic, Pranjic, Barnetta and Van Buyten could all do a job.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 08:57:39 AM »
Clyne looks pretty good as well.

We could do with a right-back who doesn't get called up for GBH with every tackle he does....

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 09:13:35 AM »
Hoilet is off to spurs I think Ive heard.

Offline nigel

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 09:37:45 AM »
There are some good lads on the list, the problem with decent Bosmans, though, is they expect big wages as there's no tranfer fee, the one thing we, as a club, are trying to avoid.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 09:54:20 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Clyne and Holliet cost a tribunial fee anyway given both are under 24?

I agree with Dave, players like Olic and Farfan on a free would be good business.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 09:59:35 AM »
Hoillet really sticks out from those names mentioned above - looks a cracking player!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 10:01:36 AM »
He does remind me a bit of Ashley Young.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 10:05:50 AM »
Diame & Hoillett would be good additions.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 10:36:24 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Clyne and Holliet cost a tribunial fee anyway given both are under 24?

Correct, so will protect the current owner club in January from being forced into selling I guess if nothing else. Holliet would be a decent addition but as others have said, fear he could be set for brighter lights than us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal