collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next 4 games. Merry Xmas. :(  (Read 9142 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: Next 4 games. Merry Xmas. :(
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 09:04:43 AM »
I think we can beat Liverpool as long as AM doesn't go all defensive.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 09:07:43 AM »
Gabby out against pool, we've no chance.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 10:21:09 AM »
Liverpool - Draw
Stoke - Draw
Arsenal - Defeat
Chelsea - Defeat

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 10:31:21 AM »
I'm a big believer in momentum in football and while I wouldn't say we have any of that after one win, were we to beat Liverpool we'd then be going into the Arsenal game with good confidence.  Will we beat Liverpool?  IMO they're the weakest of the top 6, so with home advantage I wouldn't rule it out, even though Gabby will be a big loss, but it does mean we have to approach it as we did Bolton as opposed to Spurs/Man Utd.

Still, I'd take 5 point from that lot.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »
I'd bring Bannan in for Gabby and play him in behind Bent, if Albrighton and N'Zogbia show the same effort and application as on Saturday then I think we'll beat Liverpool.

I don't want to look any further ahead than that.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »
I'd bring Bannan in for Gabby and play him in behind Bent, if Albrighton and N'Zogbia show the same effort and application as on Saturday then I think we'll beat Liverpool.

Bizarrely, I think I'd prefer Heskey for this one. 

On Saturday we went 4-4-2, so with the extra striker up top that pushed the wingers wider, so we had good width.  When we play the 4-3-3 I think Gabby and CNZ can be to narrow in trying to support Bent, so that can make us too easy to nullify.  So we keep things as much the same as we can, with Emile making a nuisance of himself and creating space for Bent.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
It's a good point, John. I'm just a little concerned about us being overun in the middle.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2011, 12:05:55 PM »
It's a good point, John. I'm just a little concerned about us being overun in the middle.

That's always a possibility if you play 4-4-2, but don't Liverpool play that formatino aswell?  Also, and I didn't want to say this in my original post, we always have the option of dropping Heskey a little deeper as we see how the game develops.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2011, 12:23:35 PM »
Ten points, draw at Stoke.

Bring the screens, nurse.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »

Is Gabby definitely suspended? If so, that is a scandal given the yellow card against Bolton. I watched on Football First and the co commentator thought the decision was crazy! Jaaskelainen kicked the ball AT Gabby, who didn't try and impede the keeper. Surely that should be looked at again? How come you can't appeal against a first yellow yet you can for a second yellow or straight red? Especially when that twat Dowd was involved - he sent Herd off against the Baggies only for it to be recinded - confused... Gabby will be a major loss against Liverpool when if justice prevailed that would be overturned. Dowd is the one who should be suspended! I'll never forgive him after the Carling Cup Final debacle when Vidic should've gone early.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2011, 01:44:12 PM »

Is Gabby definitely suspended? If so, that is a scandal given the yellow card against Bolton. I watched on Football First and the co commentator thought the decision was crazy! Jaaskelainen kicked the ball AT Gabby, who didn't try and impede the keeper. Surely that should be looked at again? How come you can't appeal against a first yellow yet you can for a second yellow or straight red? Especially when that twat Dowd was involved - he sent Herd off against the Baggies only for it to be recinded - confused... Gabby will be a major loss against Liverpool when if justice prevailed that would be overturned. Dowd is the one who should be suspended! I'll never forgive him after the Carling Cup Final debacle when Vidic should've gone early.

I'd like to be able to appeal every time Dowd gets given one of our games.

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 07:20:09 PM »
Absolutely nothing to lose I say

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Offline Damo70

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2011, 04:54:11 PM »
I wouldn't have thought we will get anything at Chelsea but I reckon we can get something out of all of the next three. I reckon beat Liverpool then a couple of draws.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal