collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:30:40 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Billy Walker
[March 28, 2024, 11:13:11 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:06:11 PM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:01:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Taking "Z" to the Liverpool game  (Read 19378 times)

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
Re: Taking "Z" to the Liverpool game
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2011, 05:25:23 PM »
May I draw your attention to the (agreed-little known) fact that I look after any issues to do with the letter Z. It may not be an official one-but its mine and no-one else's.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2011, 05:34:53 PM »
Results will be what the manager is judged on, not a bunch of Facebook fans holding up bits of paper. If he keeps us around mid table then I imagine he will be within the targets set while we go through this period of cost cutting. That's more important to Lerner at the moment than being easy on the eye.

Most protests end up being either a damp squib or worse they are divisive, those that don't support them arguing with those that do.

If he keeps us midtable.......not a chance given the rubbish served up.

Yet despite apparently serving up rubbish guess where we are in the league?

Offline TonyD

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2011, 07:29:37 PM »
Results will be what the manager is judged on, not a bunch of Facebook fans holding up bits of paper. If he keeps us around mid table then I imagine he will be within the targets set while we go through this period of cost cutting. That's more important to Lerner at the moment than being easy on the eye.

Most protests end up being either a damp squib or worse they are divisive, those that don't support them arguing with those that do.

If he keeps us midtable.......not a chance given the rubbish served up.

Yet despite apparently serving up rubbish guess where we are in the league?

There is no apparently about our football - it is rubbish.  I think the last 15 threads might give you a clue as to how we are playing.  We won't be mid table by the Swansea match.  Why - because we are rubbish.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2011, 07:34:27 PM »
First post here so don't know if it's in the correct place, if not my apologies.

My idea is for everyone attending the Liverpool game to take a lett "z" on a piece of paper to show how boring the football we are watching is. I feel this idea is more viable than a boycott and better than a protest.

Thoughts?

I'll bring a 'Z', you'll have to give us a nudge to wake us up so I can wave it mind.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2011, 09:00:42 AM »
It should not affect professionals being paid ludicrous amounts of money, and if it does, well sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better. 

I usually buy the "booing them dosent make them play any better" argument, but the fans could have booed the team for 90 minutes against Spurs and I don't think it could possibly have made them play any worse.

At what point do you stand up and tell the manager and players thet they are serving us up with shit?

Playing devils advocate, at what point do you think he already realised that it is shit?   He has to, he isn't stupid.    I'm afraid we are stuck with it.

Well you would think wouldnt you but how many times does he have to play Heskey in midfield? how many times will he let collins hoof the ball? how many times will we keep trying to find bent with headers?

I know every manager deserves time but their are some very fundamental areas that could be rectified but it seems to keep happening

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2011, 11:34:50 AM »
Results are the main factor but they are not the only thing the manager will be judged on, at least by the fans.  A lot of people will not pay to watch dull, negative football, even if the results are not too bad.  Since the quality of football influences results, the brand of football served up is hardly likely to produce fantastic results.  Football is an entertainment industry, and despite results being kind of okay so far, people are already voting with their feet.

Villa fans do seem rather insipid when it comes to protests. Fair play to Blackburn fans for trying to safeguard the long term future of their club, and to those Man Yoo fans who wear the Newton Heath green and yellow in protest at the Glazers.  The latter doesn't seem to have affected their team's performances.

Offline Simba

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »
Well protests will start from the fans in the ground making their feelings felt. With respect, bits of paper won't do it.

There were times in the past when the Holte got loud chanting "We want Football". "Attack, Attack attack" and other ditties. It got noticed.  "All we are saying- is give us a goal" also made the charts but bloody depressing.

'We want football' is my favourite and very appropriate atm.

Pity the John Barnes quote can't be set to a chant/song. Or can it?

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2011, 04:41:11 PM »
Villa fans do seem rather insipid when it comes to protests. Fair play to Blackburn fans for trying to safeguard the long term future of their club, and to those Man Yoo fans who wear the Newton Heath green and yellow in protest at the Glazers.  The latter doesn't seem to have affected their team's performances.

Apart from in the late sixties when the Villa fans took part in probably the biggest ever fan-led change in their football club?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal