collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Am i being a miserable bugger or have i a point?  (Read 12188 times)

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
Re: Am i being a miserable bugger or have i a point?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 12:14:01 AM »

Yes I know I'm a grumpy old bugger too, but football needs to start taking note of us grumpies because in future years they may find that the jester-hat/foam-finger/clap-at-any-old-shit brigade don't turn out to be quite so loyal.

It's late. I've had a shit day at work. And I have just spent the last 3hrs trying to get a laptop and a desktop with blue screens to boot. That has sent me to bed with a wry smile.

Offline VillaSpen

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 12:41:25 AM »
ask them to take your 10% season ticket holders discount off the £10 then use your free £5 loaded onto the card. Then pay them the £4 in 1p's 2p's and 5p's.

Make sure they invoice you correctly and post it recorded delivery. Then ask for a reciept to also be posted.

Make them earn their poxy "administration" fee.

Fantastic. Made me actually chuckle.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 01:17:37 AM »
In your 40's, presumably a brummie, a H&V poster I would think you are classic grumpy old sod material.

Speaking as one who fits that description perfectly, I hereby salute my fellow moaning, miserable, increasingly old bastards

*clenched fist salute*
Welcome to the club. :(

Offline MarkM

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 09:28:32 AM »
The club should offer to replace the first one free of charge, but then charge if you loose the replacement.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »
The club should offer to replace the first one free of charge, but then charge if you loose the replacement.

Is the right answer.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »
If you dont ask you dont get - seems a harsh way to treat a loyal customer.

In your 40's, presumably a brummie, a H&V poster I would think you are classic grumpy old sod material.

Wait 'til you get to your 50's!!!

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 07:21:45 PM »
A £10 administration fee ? How incredibly small time is that ?

I once turned up at the ground realising I had brought my old season book from the previous season. Probably about 10-12 years ago, definitely during the so called`bad old days`of Doug. During the times we used to hear all sorts of moans about the inefficiencies of the ticket office and surly attitude of some on the other side of the counter. However, in fairness I was provided with a ticket to get in - no problems, no quibble, no charge.

Well maybe these days things are in the main run more efficiently, and maybe we are served with a more professionally pleasant manner. On the other hand with such an experience as yours, you start to feel its all done purely in order to maximise income from the revenue stream known as regular ground attending patrons - ie. you and me.

This is the sort of story you expect to hear from a season ticket holder at St Andrews if they have such things.
To paraphrase John Barnes, this may be acceptable at Birmingham but it is not good enough at Aston Villa.

Offline always be witton to me

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2011, 09:21:42 AM »
Guys

Thanks for all your responses , especially the humerous ones!Just catching up after a lively flight bacjk from Glasgow last night!

I think i may write a letter, rather than an email , for the first time in 10 years and attach this thread to it.
Then they can hunt all of us posters down and tell us how lucky we are to be allowed to watch this dirge every week. In the meantime i will not re purchase my season ticket card but will go to the ticket office every game and get them to print me a ticket out each time until they get pissed off with it..

If they can piss 1.5 m up the wall on Jenas after 3 months they can piss a tenner up the wall on me after 15 years......

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2011, 09:28:45 AM »
If they can piss 1.5 m up the wall on Jenas after 3 months they can piss a tenner up the wall on me after 15 years......
Best of luck with that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal