collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Am i being a miserable bugger or have i a point?  (Read 12143 times)

Offline DeKuip

Re: Am i being a miserable bugger or have i a point?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »
Administration fee simply means "inconvenience fee"... you losing your season ticket it is an inconvenience as someone in the ticket office has to find another 5 mins in their day to do something to help you.

Maybe we should all start invoicing the club with our own inconvenience/admin fees when a game we paid for in June gets switched to a Sunday or Monday, or Saturday mid-day – the effect these changes have on a lot of our lives causes far greater inconvenience than you've just put the ticket office through. Saturday's later kick-off for instance meant I lost money on a ticket for something else I had originally planned Saturday night, and the Liverpool Sunday kick-off has caused a family row that will eventually cost me money making up to people!

Yes I know I'm a grumpy old bugger too, but football needs to start taking note of us grumpies because in future years they may find that the jester-hat/foam-finger/clap-at-any-old-shit brigade don't turn out to be quite so loyal.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 01:28:13 PM »
Administration fee simply means "inconvenience fee"... you losing your season ticket it is an inconvenience as someone in the ticket office has to find another 5 mins in their day to do something to help you.

Maybe we should all start invoicing the club with our own inconvenience/admin fees when a game we paid for in June gets switched to a Sunday or Monday, or Saturday mid-day – the effect these changes have on a lot of our lives causes far greater inconvenience than you've just put the ticket office through. Saturday's later kick-off for instance meant I lost money on a ticket for something else I had originally planned Saturday night, and the Liverpool Sunday kick-off has caused a family row that will eventually cost me money making up to people!

Yes I know I'm a grumpy old bugger too, but football needs to start taking note of us grumpies because in future years they may find that the jester-hat/foam-finger/clap-at-any-old-shit brigade don't turn out to be quite so loyal.

I like the cut of your jib.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 01:31:37 PM »
Wait till you get to your 50's - old sod definitely doesn't do it justice after the 5 appears as the first number.
Go back to them and negotiate - they, like many EPL teams, need to understand the true value of loyalty.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 01:33:21 PM »

Complain.

Call the ticket office and ask to speak to the manager on duty and if don't have any joy ask who, above them, you need to get in touch with. I'd deffinatley use DeKuip's argument if you get a negative response, try tugging at their heart strings a bit.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 01:34:40 PM »
If the General still showed any interest, he would have said 'speak to Nicky Keye'.
That would be my first move. Going above Heads of Department to Paul Faulkner may bring success but Nicky should be approached first, unless you have done so already.
Welcome to the ranks of miserable old gits, by the way.

Offline nigel

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 02:21:37 PM »
Don't waste your time. PF wouldn't do anything.
Do you know that for a fact?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 02:52:38 PM »

Ha ha, that made me laugh quite a bit.

That's twice today the gloom has been broken by this site.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 03:26:24 PM »
I wish I could feel smug that I gave up my season ticket after realising that the quality of the football would head back down towards DOL levels. However, it would be much nicer to regret missing some scintillating pass-and-move attacking play, solid defending (especially from set-pieces) and surprisingly good scorelines.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 04:22:13 PM »
In your 40's, presumably a brummie, a H&V poster I would think you are classic grumpy old sod material.

Speaking as one who fits that description perfectly, I hereby salute my fellow moaning, miserable, increasingly old bastards

*clenched fist salute*

I'll drink to that.  Mind you how they justify charging over £3 quid for a pint is beyond me - I remember when......

Offline Fuse

• GM : 28.08.2015
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »
Do yourself a massive favour and don't bother getting it repaced. It will do wodners for your mood and give you some free time to do somethign far more enjoyable every other week.

Bad enough that you bought one in the first place, let alone paying another tenner. Count yourself lucky to have liost it.

I still have mine you jammy bastard!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 04:55:27 PM »
I had to pay a tenner when I lost mine and that was well before Lerner, Faulkner etc took charge. I agree it does seem excessive but apparently they get dozens every week.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 06:31:39 PM »
In your 40's, presumably a brummie, a H&V poster I would think you are classic grumpy old sod material.

Speaking as one who fits that description perfectly, I hereby salute my fellow moaning, miserable, increasingly old bastards

*clenched fist salute*

I'm with you all the way.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 06:39:44 PM »
ask them to take your 10% season ticket holders discount off the £10 then use your free £5 loaded onto the card. Then pay them the £4 in 1p's 2p's and 5p's.

Make sure they invoice you correctly and post it recorded delivery. Then ask for a reciept to also be posted.

Make them earn their poxy "administration" fee.

What about paying half of it by cheque.  Make sure the cheque is stapled to a letter as well.

Offline rutski

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 06:53:40 PM »
i moved seats up one this season and the club were still dozy enough to send out my 2 paid for and 2 being in the old seats, so i now have 4!
i was pissed off with non season ticket holders going in the holte suite on old tickets and told the club, they said  "well at least we are filling it every week", i now take all guests in there on illegitimate tickets!

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 10:42:06 PM »
I had to pay a tenner when I lost mine and that was well before Lerner, Faulkner etc took charge. I agree it does seem excessive but apparently they get dozens every week.

Know what you mean. Annoying as it is, if I lose something and it causes work for someone else, I can understand there being an administrative charge.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal