collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 10:37:49 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by AV84
[Today at 10:36:29 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Ads
[Today at 09:59:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

FA Cup replays scrapped by tomd2103
[Today at 09:31:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Am i being a miserable bugger or have i a point?  (Read 12170 times)

Offline always be witton to me

Am i being a miserable bugger or have i a point?
« on: December 06, 2011, 10:12:32 AM »
I have been a season ticket holder with 3 other members of the family for over 15 years now - since the doug ellis witton lane was re-developed. I reckon we have spent over 20k in that period following our team.

Last week i lost my season ticket and so had to get a temporary ticket from the office whereupon they informed me that it would cost a £10 "administration fee" to replace. In previous years i would have paid up immediately but in the current climate on and off the pitch i really feel miffed about this!I have only felt that i have got value for money once this season and that was the Norwich game so additional expense really grates - its hard enough to motivate myself to go as it is!This is in additon to the way the season ticket has been devalued by all the deals being offered to fill seats - Aston Villa v Liverpool FC £20.00 .Aston Villa v Arsenal £15.00 , Aston Villa v Swansea City  £10.00 ,Aston Villa v QPR  £10.00

As i am entering my 40s am i showing the first traits of being a grumpy old man or have i a valid point? If you lose a credit card they send you a new one so you can comtinue to spend - is this not the same?

If the concensus is that i should complain  - i would love to get through to Paul Faulkener where should i send my complaint to to ensure my general dissatisfaction is noted.

The £10 is not the real issue - its the tipping point.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:23:00 AM by always be witton to me »

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
Re: Am i being a miserable bugger or have i a point?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »
If you dont ask you dont get - seems a harsh way to treat a loyal customer.

In your 40's, presumably a brummie, a H&V poster I would think you are classic grumpy old sod material.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 10:22:31 AM »
Don't waste your time. PF wouldn't do anything. The smug fucker. I'm fucked off with nearly everything to do with AVFC at the moment.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 10:23:08 AM »
I'm not sure if its a stated pre-condition of owning a ST but having to pay a tenner out in the circumstances seems a bit harsh regardless.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 10:32:44 AM »
I've done it before, more than once, and it's never cost me or been an issue.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 10:34:11 AM »
I think you are the victim of previous abuse of the 'lost season ticket' syndrome. My view is that previous ST owners would say that there ST had not arrived,was damaged or lost in order that they could have additional cards to get friends and relatives access to Holte End Suite etc.

To deter this practice I would imagine the £10 levy was introduced.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
I've lost mine twice now and had to pay the £10.  Way I viewed it wss that it was my own fault for losing it, so as a pre-condition of entering into the contract I really didn't have an argument for not paying it.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 10:56:46 AM »
I've done it before, more than once, and it's never cost me or been an issue.

Ditto. In fact on a couple of occasions I travelled up from the south to find that my season ticket was still on the kitchen table. At no point did they charge me for it, so my advise is complain like hell.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 10:59:17 AM »
In your 40's, presumably a brummie, a H&V poster I would think you are classic grumpy old sod material.

Speaking as one who fits that description perfectly, I hereby salute my fellow moaning, miserable, increasingly old bastards

*clenched fist salute*

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 11:01:14 AM »
We all have our tipping points. Mine is Chelsea away, I can afford £50 odd for a ticket and it meets my 'not on the telly' criteria for an away game. However in the same way that I wouldn't go into a Pub that charges £6 for a pint I'm not going.

There is a tiny part of me that perhaps would go under the old away team revenue rules but I'm not giving one of the worlds riches men an extra £15 or £20 than he should get.

The current performance of the team has no bearing on this, my support for Villa is cradle to grave: while I have the means to go I always will go to Villa Park whatever happens. This still doesn't mean I can't moan about it like everyone else though !

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »
I totally agree with the OP.
Its about the club recognisng the loyalty shown over the years and yes, the amount of money he and his family have spent in that time.
Given the amount of money the club wastes on paying off managers and paying over the odds to overrated prima donnas, it should be a given that they look after people who have contributed to the club rather than taken from it. 

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »
ask them to take your 10% season ticket holders discount off the £10 then use your free £5 loaded onto the card. Then pay them the £4 in 1p's 2p's and 5p's.

Make sure they invoice you correctly and post it recorded delivery. Then ask for a reciept to also be posted.

Make them earn their poxy "administration" fee.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 11:31:02 AM »
Don't waste your time. PF wouldn't do anything. The smug fucker. I'm fucked off with nearly everything to do with AVFC at the moment.

Have you ever had any dealings with him, this being the 'smug fucker' who the Gwent Lions were praising last week?

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 12:24:15 PM »
It is the pre-requisite of any football fan to be a miserable bugger nowadays.

In what other 'industry' (except banking), would customers be treated so overtly poorly.

In the past 12 months I have accidentally put my travel card in the wash twice (yes I'm an idiot). This is worth over £400. Both times the travel company have replaced it with no charge.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »
I imagine its a bit like rats deserting a sinking ship at the moment any season ticket holder with a grievance should get top priority by the club - send a nice letter I'm sure they'll waiver the £10 and see what happens you might even get something in compensation for the inconvenience - a game at right back in the Cup should suffice.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal