collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa being discussed at length on Talksport right now  (Read 55285 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Villa being discussed at length on Talksport right now
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:11:55 PM »
Stan is on Talksport right now talking Villa. Actually seems to be all Villa with a bit of other clubs when discussing fan expectations.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:06:54 PM by Risso »

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Re: Villa being discussed in length on Talksport right now
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:17:32 PM »
Just been listening to it on my way home.

Stan makes some good points.  Basically what we know, the board backed MoN but haven't really, as yet, backed AM.  He's had to cut the wage bill etc.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 08:43:39 PM »
Please elaborate.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 08:51:26 PM »
I've missed this, but Adrian Durham seemed to be talking sense about us earlier.

Stan never admits the fact that MON spent 4 years spending millions, then jumped ship when it came to budgeting.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:56:19 PM »
Just watched the first half of Fulham v Liverpool,Pool have the better players but Jol has got Fulham playing some neat football and i don't remember Jol being given a big transfer kitty. The comparison with the brand of football Villa are playing is stark. How many would trust Mcleish to bring in better players if he had the money?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 08:59:35 PM »
Is it worth tuning in or is it the same old shit?

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 09:16:01 PM »
Just watched the first half of Fulham v Liverpool,Pool have the better players but Jol has got Fulham playing some neat football and i don't remember Jol being given a big transfer kitty. The comparison with the brand of football Villa are playing is stark. How many would trust Mcleish to bring in better players if he had the money?

Well that Ruiz fella cost the best part of 11m and crucially they managed to keep hold of Dempsey and Hangeland so I'd guess that they had quite a large transfer deficit compared to us.  However you point about their quality of football is still valid, they do try and play good football.

Nice to see that Downing has been dropped again...

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 09:26:08 PM »
Fulham are essentially the same squad hat have served them well for a couple of seasons and they're not having to fill their midfield with promising but inexperienced kids.

Offline KRS

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 09:35:33 PM »
I turned it off in disgust after hearing them constantly claim that the only reason Villa fans want AM out is because he used to be Blues manager. I was hoping at least Stan could see the real issues rather than that cop out of an argument.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 09:58:53 PM »
I turned it off in disgust after hearing them constantly claim that the only reason Villa fans want AM out is because he used to be Blues manager. I was hoping at least Stan could see the real issues rather than that cop out of an argument.

Indeed. If I hear that argument one more time I will scream and the people I'm most annoyed with are the idiot Villa fans who should know better.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 10:02:21 PM »
Fulham are essentially the same squad hat have served them well for a couple of seasons and they're not having to fill their midfield with promising but inexperienced kids.

Well, I suppose that's the benefit of not having an owner intent on asset stripping the club to pay for his costly errors of the last few years.

Offline Iago

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 10:05:15 PM »
Oh Chris, Fulham had the right attitude against Liverpool and it prevailed. Far more entertaining that our match on Saturday.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:06:48 PM by Iago »

Offline Iago

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 10:17:11 PM »

Indeed. If I hear that argument one more time I will scream and the people I'm most annoyed with are the idiot Villa fans who should know better.
It is frustrating to hear. And I am so sick and tired of hearing about finances and budgets etc. I wish modern day football would just collapse.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 10:23:39 PM »

I bet if you asked our supporters if they'd like to have a thirty odd year old Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu in our midfield most of them would say no and probably prefer our (limited) options. That may be a bit unfair on Etuhu or Murphy but it strikes me the difference in personnel is much less significant than the quality of management (not just the manager of the team) and the approach of the team.

Offline KRS

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 10:28:11 PM »

It is frustrating to hear. And I am so sick and tired of hearing about finances and budgets etc. I wish modern day football would just collapse.
Yeah the Villa fans who do phone in only ever seem to prove their argument correct. Apparently the fact that AM plays negative defensive football is a myth, and during training Sid/KM have them playing free flowing attacking football so its the players at fault for not doing this on matchdays.

I do question whether or not another manager would do any better with the shite squad that we have but some ppl clearly see what we see on the pitch in a completely different light and are completely blind to the fact that AM isnt actually a very good manager.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal