collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 05:32:56 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 05:32:50 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 05:31:05 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by rjp
[Today at 05:29:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 05:27:54 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 05:27:07 PM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 05:26:27 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by olaftab
[Today at 05:24:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jenas  (Read 50221 times)

Offline Villanation

Re: Jenas
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2012, 12:43:27 AM »
I can't believe this is even an issue. It's just so fucking dumb.

Agree, It simply isn't relevant to Aston Villa what Jenas may or may not think, his point is fair enough, but that's it.

Point is who agreed to take this bloke on in the first place is more the point, he's one of the most injury prone players there is, we knew that and yet we still took on his overhead, surely that's the points, bit like borrowing your mates car knowing full well it won't start, why would you.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2012, 12:50:02 AM »
Given we're paying Jenas's wages while he's injured can anyone explain to me why he's giving interviews to Sky Sports News and speaking "on behalf of everyone at Tottenham Hotspur"?

If we're paying for him to sit on his arse, the least he can do is represent our club or keep his face off the telly!

If you listened to his full interview, or even the next sentence you would have heard him say something along the lines of ''I also spoke to the lads at Villa and they're all thinking about him too''. My initial reaction when he mentioned Spurs was similar to yours though I'm not sure if he's doing his rehab with us. Presumably he was sent back to Spurs. To be honest, I've been impressed with Jenas as a pundit and interviewee. He always speaks highly of us. Yeah, easy to do so when we're paying him thousands a week for nowt but he can't help being injury-prone.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2012, 07:58:27 AM »
Hoppo   The whole landscape of football changed with Fabrice Muamba's heart attack.

A football nation which was being convulsed with the sordid racist allegations of the Suarez and Terry sagas has found its identity with the overwhelming outpouring of support and good wishes of the english family of football - clubs, fans, officials everybody.

The Muamba Affair has made me feel a lot better about football.

Agreed totally

Offline pestria

« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2012, 08:18:05 AM »
Hoppo   The whole landscape of football changed with Fabrice Muamba's heart attack.

A football nation which was being convulsed with the sordid racist allegations of the Suarez and Terry sagas has found its identity with the overwhelming outpouring of support and good wishes of the english family of football - clubs, fans, officials everybody.

The Muamba Affair has made me feel a lot better about football.

Agreed totally

I agree with the sentiment that football has showed it's more acceptable face - but nothing's changed  deep down.  It was thought that the world would be a friendlier, more caring place after Diana's death and nothing changed.

Human nature will prevail.  Man U fans will return to being arrogant obnoxious idiots, we will carry on moaning about irrelevant crap.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2012, 09:40:55 AM »
Kevin Davies said something along the lines of it is a shame that it takes something like this for opposition fans to applaud a player off the pitch, given that the players give everything on the pitch week after week.  He also said it's a shame football is the only sport in the country where opposition fans are segregated, given the love they share for the sport.  I tend to agree on both counts.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2012, 10:42:55 AM »
I would hope, that in the light of the events on Saturday, that professional footballers will feel less inclined to over- react when marginally challenged by tackles. It is this form of cheating aimed at getting your opponent booked or sent off which is the antithesis of the unity and mutual respect shown towards Fabrice Muamba.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
I can't believe this is even an issue. It's just so fucking dumb.
Agree 100%.

Offline supertom

« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »
I would hope, that in the light of the events on Saturday, that professional footballers will feel less inclined to over- react when marginally challenged by tackles. It is this form of cheating aimed at getting your opponent booked or sent off which is the antithesis of the unity and mutual respect shown towards Fabrice Muamba.

This.

Offline Merv

« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
He's probably referring to Spurs because it was Spurs who were playing Bolton on Saturday. Which is why he'd have been interviewed in the first place.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2012, 12:10:02 PM »
He's probably referring to Spurs because it was Spurs who were playing Bolton on Saturday. Which is why he'd have been interviewed in the first place.

Cut that logical argument base out please Merv, don't you know we have to be outraged because a Spurs player has been asked a question. The last page and a half on here about this is completely bonkers. As Eamon says JJ has always been very complimentary about the Villa, and was asked about an incident in a Spurs game.

More importantly, Muamba is now talking, which is a miracle and amazing, and I hope he goes on to be able to enjoy being a father to his little boy for a long time to come.

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »
Quote from: pestria
I agree with the sentiment that football has showed it's more acceptable face - but nothing's changed  deep down.  It was thought that the world would be a friendlier, more caring place after Diana's death and nothing changed.

Hahahaha.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal