collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jenas  (Read 50207 times)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Jenas
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »
I wasn't a fan of Jenas prior to the loan and other than keeping the ball well for a bit with Petrov against Norwich, I haven't seen anything to change my mind.  So while I don;t wish injury on any player, this may turn out to be advantageous to us if it opens up the possibility of another signing in January.

Online Holy Trinity

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 10:34:15 AM »
How quickly can we recall Gary Gardner ?

we cant amc said in an interview as it is only a 1 month loan there is no recall option

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 10:36:58 AM »
The alternatives being linked to us already are just more mediocre crap...Danny Guthrie and Darron Gibson.

I thought Guthrie looked pretty good for Newcastle at the weekend which surprised me as I'd never really noticed him before.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 10:46:24 AM »
The alternatives being linked to us already are just more mediocre crap...Danny Guthrie and Darron Gibson.

I thought Guthrie looked pretty good for Newcastle at the weekend which surprised me as I'd never really noticed him before.

Yes he did, some of his crossfield passing was great but we have Bannan who can do that.

Offline Merv

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 10:49:03 AM »
I wasn't a fan of Jenas prior to the loan and other than keeping the ball well for a bit with Petrov against Norwich, I haven't seen anything to change my mind.  So while I don;t wish injury on any player, this may turn out to be advantageous to us if it opens up the possibility of another signing in January.

I agree. Horrible injury to have, but we won't actually miss Jenas as he never really got going for us.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »

I agree. Horrible injury to have, but we won't actually miss Jenas as he never really got going for us.

To be fair to him, he never really got going due to the injuries he sustained after we signed him.  He hasn't played regularly enough to be judged in a villa.  Shame really, was hoping he would get a long run of games and prove to be a decent signing for us.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 11:01:51 AM »
If the Queen had balls she'd be King

Jenas is mediocre at best

His record was hardly mind blowing at Spuds but we sign him and and all of a sudden he's going to be this excellent player who stays fit

Then we start to get misty eyed over makoun who wasnt even getting a regular game in greece

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 11:20:28 AM »

His record was hardly mind blowing at Spuds but we sign him and and all of a sudden he's going to be this excellent player who stays fit

Then we start to get misty eyed over makoun who wasnt even getting a regular game in greece

Mediorce is all we are going to be attracting for the forseeable future so get used to the idea and stop living in dream land and expecting world beaters to sign for us. 
Sometimes players need a move to restart/kickstart their careers and thats something that I was hoping would happen with Jenas.  No one knows if he was going to be excellent or not.  He just hasn't had the start that we were hoping for due to injuries.
As for Makoun, the guy needed a full season in the prem which included a full preseason.  he got the preseason but not a full season in the prem to adjust and get used to the style of play.  Currently, he is out with a knee injury hence why he hasn't been playing

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 01:03:28 PM »

+1. Makoun and Houllier get better every game they are away from the club.

Jenas wasnt fit. Dont like to see players getting injured but we have enough attacking midfielders. Loaning players from the likes of Spurs is beneath us frankly.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »
Sad that Jenas got crocked, I wish him a speedy recovery. We shouldn't sign a replacement we should just get Makoun fit and recall Gardner.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 02:37:47 PM »
According to the Mail, the manager is going to meet Faulkner et al to discuss bringing a midfielder in. However, I can't see us buying anyone, so it will have to be a loan.

The article continues by saying the manager wants someone with Premiership experience, which rules out a foreign deal and probably means scouring reserve squads.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 02:47:14 PM »
Darren Gibson come on down!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 02:50:59 PM »
I wonder what odds a swap deal involving Petrov and Craig Gardner?

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 02:51:47 PM »
I heard Danny Guthrie was another option.  who knows hey.  I have no, actually, I have limited faith in the current regime.  I hope they improve over the summer after they have completed their year of cost cutting

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »
Well, I'm glad they recognise the need.  This will generate a lot of 'AM will only sign xxxxxx shit player anyway' type posts, but I'm OK with waiting to see what he comes up with and go from there.

Thinking outside the box for a moment, who is the next Ramsey/Wilshire coming through at Arsenal?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 02:56:03 PM by John M'Zog »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal