collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jenas  (Read 50250 times)

Offline barrysleftfoot

Jenas
« on: December 05, 2011, 07:09:09 PM »

If it is an achilles injury, he could be out for the whole season.Where do we stand, is he sent back and Spuds pay the wages, or are we obliged.

How long are Given and Herd out as well?

Offline Greg N'Ash

Re: Jenas
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »
not sure if thats good news or bad news to be honest. He could have done a job for us i think but he's not what we're missing and if it means we get someone in who is then send him back to spurs

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
I'm not sure about the wages, aren't these things negotiated on an individual basis?  If so I guess it'll be deemed comercially sensitive and we'll never know.  With his injury record I'd hope the deal is loaded in our favour though.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 08:03:41 PM »
Given is out for a month.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 10:51:40 PM »
Against Swansea I thought he seemed to walk it in midfield similar to Ireland does, especially considering he was just of the bench and should have been bursting with energy. In the Manu match thread someone said a similar thing.

We might has well send him back and call back Makoun if we can.

Offline luke25

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 10:57:55 PM »
We might has well send him back and call back Makoun if we can.
I said this to my dad, it just seemed a completely pointless thing to do, I'm guessing it was Jenas's athletism over Makouns ability to pass the ball to a team mate that sealed it for Mcleish.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 11:00:37 PM »
not sure if thats good news or bad news to be honest. He could have done a job for us i think but he's not what we're missing and if it means we get someone in who is then send him back to spurs

seconded

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 11:05:24 PM »
I said this to my dad, it just seemed a completely pointless thing to do, I'm guessing it was Jenas's athletism over Makouns ability to pass the ball to a team mate that sealed it for Mcleish.

Well as mentioned, we don't know the loan terms but to get someone in on loan who was going to miss a 1/3rd of the season seemed suspect anyway, especially as he wasn't beefing up squad numbers as we had to let someone else go first to afford him. But I didn't say anything at the time as I still believed that McCleish would be able to get more out of better players.

Online wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 01:06:26 AM »
You'd think that Spurs would want their own Physio / Doctors to get him back to fitness seeing as he is still their player?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 01:10:16 PM »
How quickly can we recall Gary Gardner ?

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »
If Jenas is out for the season, we could find that old Cockney wide boy probably had a clause written into the loan agreement, stating we have to have another Spuds cast off for the rest of the season.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 05:41:59 PM »
If Jenas is out for the season, we could find that old Cockney wide boy probably had a clause written into the loan agreement, stating we have to have another Spuds cast off for the rest of the season.

Yeah, probably Gomes, and we'll have to play him because Given will nobble himself again.

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 09:50:13 AM »
The fact that we are waiting on an announcement from Spuds indicates it is serious and more than likely the last we have seen of Jermaine Jenas in a Villa shirt

I believe Makoun injured too so no ready made replacement there either...

We will definitely need to reinforce in this area in January so presume it'll be Petrov and Herd to provide cover until then... unless Emile is being lined up to fill in there again!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 09:56:31 AM »
The alternatives being linked to us already are just more mediocre crap...Danny Guthrie and Darron Gibson.

Offline Merv

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 09:57:14 AM »
I immediately thought Jenas had snapped his Achilles when I watched the replays on MOTD. That'll be him for six months.

I would guess that the loan deal will be cancelled, at the very least freeing up another loan option in January.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal