collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: trevor francis' son in court for robbing lee hendrie!  (Read 14002 times)

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
Re: trevor francis' son in court for robbing lee hendrie!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 12:44:34 PM »
I used to live next door to Finwood Lawn in Rowington. We were told by our landlord that Hendrie lived there but that he didnt own the property. I never saw him coming or going in the 12 months I lived there so I took it with a pinch of salt.

One thing missing from that description of the property is that it is smack bang next to the M40 and the noise is constant. If it was another half mile away it would probably be worth a few hundred grand extra.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 01:50:47 PM »
Ah, the Freidel character thing. Applauded and lauded and giving approving nods when he made one more move purely for the money. Milner went clearly for the football and his career and he is lambasted as being motivated by money first and foremost. Crazy, and wrong.

Friedel was offered a two year contract, aged 40, which he wasn't going to get here. Who on earth could blame him for doing that?

I don't see Milner getting lambasted too much, either. In fact, I reckon he'll get a fantastic reception next time he comes here with Man City.

Offline Aston Manor

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
Ah, the Freidel character thing. Applauded and lauded and giving approving nods when he made one more move purely for the money. Milner went clearly for the football and his career and he is lambasted as being motivated by money first and foremost. Crazy, and wrong.

Friedel was offered a two year contract, aged 40, which he wasn't going to get here. Who on earth could blame him for doing that?

I don't see Milner getting lambasted too much, either. In fact, I reckon he'll get a fantastic reception next time he comes here with Man City.

My point being that on went for the money and the other didn't. When Milner first went he was held up as a figure of ridicule for accepting a higher wage when to him, at his age, it is all about his football career not his money. Friedel, as you said was offered a new contract but went to Tottenham for the final big pay day (signing-on fee). It could be that we wanted a new keeper, realised he was getting on a bit, liked him for his service to football - but either way he went for the money and not once has 'Greedy bastard' been thrown in his direction.

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy that he's gone as I thought we were getting a better keeper than we did. I just wonder why he is free from any abuse regarding his choice to leave.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 02:06:11 PM »
Don't get me wrong - I'm happy that he's gone as I thought we were getting a better keeper than we did. I just wonder why he is free from any abuse regarding his choice to leave.

I'd imagine a large part of it is because a lot of us, like you said, weren't that bothered to see him gone. I certainly don't think he'd be worth a two year contract age 40.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
I'm convinced that Trevor Francis is involved in this crime somewhere. I reckon he's a Fagin like figure, controlling a gang of the feral spawn of ex Blues players and then living off the earnings. Either that or he was having sex with the guard dof to distract it for 30 seconds while his dim with son broke in.

In fact I firmly believe that both of those things are true, the dirty, rotten bastard.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 03:13:36 PM »
You can't beat a lunch time pint, can you Chris? Great post.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 05:01:18 PM »
At last Smiffy posts something we can all agree with.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »
I'm convinced that Trevor Francis is involved in this crime somewhere. I reckon he's a Fagin like figure, controlling a gang of the feral spawn of ex Blues players and then living off the earnings. Either that or he was having sex with the guard dof to distract it for 30 seconds while his dim with son broke in.

In fact I firmly believe that both of those things are true, the dirty, rotten bastard.

# You've god do big a bogged or doo, boys, you've god do big a bogged or doo.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 10:35:43 AM »

Marvelous.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal