collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will Young get any stick?  (Read 27415 times)

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
Re: Will Young get any stick?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »
The test is when he takes a corner in front of the Holte.  I really hope he gets a good recepton.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 11:46:55 AM »
Ash will get a good reception from me. Gave his all when he was here, was exciting and frustrating in more or less equal measure, but always put in a 100% shift. He went on to genuinely better things for all the right reasons, and his parting was amicable and professional.

Downing on the other hand is a cnut of the highest order and will get dog's abuse from me throughout the Liverpool game.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2011, 11:48:45 AM »
I booed Yorke but won't boo Young. I think this means I've accepted our place in the pecking order now.

Of all the high profile departures during the premier league era, the ongoing reaction to Dwight's returns was deeply embarrassing.  Our helping him launch his career was more than balanced with what he gave back to the Villa.   

Ashley's not fit to lace Yorkie's boots in my opinion, but I hope that he gets a good round of applause.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »
I booed Yorke but won't boo Young. I think this means I've accepted our place in the pecking order now.

Of all the high profile departures during the premier league era, the ongoing reaction to Dwight's returns was deeply embarrassing.  Our helping him launch his career was more than balanced with what he gave back to the Villa.   

Ashley's not fit to lace Yorkie's boots in my opinion, but I hope that he gets a good round of applause.

Yorke got a bit of applause on his last return with Sunderland.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 11:53:09 AM »
Ash will get a good reception from me. Gave his all when he was here, was exciting and frustrating in more or less equal measure, but always put in a 100% shift. He went on to genuinely better things for all the right reasons, and his parting was amicable and professional.

Downing on the other hand is a cnut of the highest order and will get dog's abuse from me throughout the Liverpool game.

This.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 11:59:26 AM »
I'll give him the welcome he deserves for giving us 4/5 (?) years good service. It didn't always come off for him, but you couldn't question his desire and commitment (one of the reasons Man Utd signed him).

However, as soon as he dives, as he so often did for us, then I will give him the same abuse I gave him when he did it for the Villa, when he should've stayed on his feet.

Offline Top Cat

• GM : 03.02.2023
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 12:09:44 PM »
I won't boo him  - I'm sure he'll be a model professional and won't celebrate his goal (s) however Stuart Downing is another matter. I reckon he'll develop an injury and won't even travel to Villa Park.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2011, 12:35:45 PM »
Provided he treats us with respect I see no reason to give him stick. He has always been respectful to us and gave us good service.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »
Ash, I'll treat with indifference as he doesn't play for us. I'll remember him with fondness when he's retired. Downing is going to get dogs abuse from everyone. In fact I hope he gets Huttonated !
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:03:19 PM by andrew08 »

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2011, 01:24:59 PM »
Young will get a respectful clap. Downing will get dogs abuse, the little ******.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2011, 01:39:05 PM »

Downing=Wanker
  Young=100% professional when representing AVFC.Deserves a good reception.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2011, 01:52:51 PM »
Good servant. Gave us some great memories, really embraced the club, never said anything negative about us. It was a joy watching him mature here.

We made a profit out of him and (reading between the lines of his contract situation) he let us know well in advance he wouldn't be signing a new deal and would look to move on in the Summer.

It's a shame he had to move on, but his aspirations no longer matched the clubs so he had to go.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2011, 02:21:26 PM »
If you have to lose a player it should be the way Ash left.   Downing the absolute reverse, used the club and took the piss from the day he came to the day he went.

On the subject of Dwight Yorke I would be more inclined not to think so badly of him if he had ever acknowledged what Villa had done for him and not behaved as though he had wandered into the Theatre Of In Your Dreams like Beattie did at Ipswich with his boots in a brown paper bag tied up with string asking if he could have a trial.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 02:24:12 PM »
I think Yorke did acknowledge the part Villa had played in his career, and said he still considered himself to be a "Villa fan" before his last appearance at Villa Park as a Sunderland player. Hence the thawing of attitudes towards him. Plus time is a great healer and all that.

Still can't stand Bosnich though!

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2011, 03:01:16 PM »
Nothing but admiration for young. He will get a warm welcome from me. And applause at the end of the game. Obviously I hope he doesn't score or set any goals up for them as it would be a bitter pill to swallow. Nothing but a pro at the club and deserve to be acknowledged as such by us. Definately no booing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal