collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will Young get any stick?  (Read 27395 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Will Young get any stick?
« on: December 02, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »
I know it's stupid, but it's the eve of the Man United game, and I'm wondering if anyone going is planning to give him any stick.

I think it'll be really interesting to hear the reaction he gets.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Will Young get any stick?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 11:40:26 PM »
I'll either ignore him or give him a half hearted clap. I have no doubt there will be plenty of folks booing and giving him stick though.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 11:44:50 PM »
At Man City earlier this season the Villa fans cheered Milner, even applauding his goal, and booed Barry. I think and hope that Young will get treated like Milner (though I'd draw the line at applauding if he were to score), whereas Downing - if he makes the team when Liverpool come - will get the Barry treatment

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 11:47:55 PM »
I would imagine that Will gets plenty.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 11:49:01 PM »
I'll be really disappointed if Ashley gets anything less than full respect.

He stuck around here until he got an offfer that nobody in their right mind would have rejected, and regardless of what you think of his form, he never once looked like he didn't give a shit, something which you couldn't say about a few of our squad now.

It'll be embarassing if he gets any stick.

Offline Iago

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 11:52:47 PM »
I think he will be respected.

Offline VillaSpen

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 11:59:19 PM »
I would imagine that Will gets plenty.
;) Nice.

I can't imagine many would be overly keen to boo Young. He left us on decent terms, we got a fair price for him and he went to a club that should realistically be challenging for a number of trophies. He needed a change and the platform he now has to improve is one that I think he deserves.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 12:15:32 AM »
I do  not respect him but I never resort to booing in any case.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 12:22:13 AM »
I love this cross and goal and the look on Ashley's face as screams at the fans. And no, I won't be booing.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 12:27:23 AM »
I wouldn't boo him, but i'm too much of a bitter old git to give him an ovation.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 12:30:29 AM »
i work on the basis that if I was booed by the fans of a team that I used to play for I would do everything to ram it back down thier throats, regrdless of how i have felt about ex players i have never booed them, i could make an exception for downing though

Offline Compass

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 12:32:50 AM »
He shouldn't get any stick whatsoever. He's been the best out of the lot.

1. Ashley Young - Gave us 4 years of service. Went to Man Utd and remained professional. Still says good thing about us. Cool lad.
2. James Milner - Gave us little service, but was our best player by miles and shown a professional attitude throughout.
3. Gareth Barry - Gave us 10 years of service, but wasn't professional about the way he left.
4. Stewart Downing - Just awful. We saved his career, helped him recover, was terrible throughout the first season, came good in the second season and then fucked off as soon as he was in the limelight at this club.

I'm hoping everyone is saving themselves for Downing. This no bottle coward deserves more abuse than Barry.

Offline philsheard

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 12:53:23 AM »
I too cannot wait for the return of Downing the rotten little rat, when the full wrath of VP should reign down on him. The Liverpool fans up here are starting to comment on his commitment to tackles and his poor performances which I stir up at every opportunity!

As for Young, he shouldn't get stick and if he does, it won't be from me, it will be from the back of the holte probably. Won't be applauding him though. He plays for them not us.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 01:08:49 AM »
I'll be really disappointed if Ashley gets anything less than full respect.

He stuck around here until he got an offfer that nobody in their right mind would have rejected, and regardless of what you think of his form, he never once looked like he didn't give a shit, something which you couldn't say about a few of our squad now.

It'll be embarassing if he gets any stick.

100% agree. He gave everything until the very end. We miss him massively in more ways than just his playing ability.

Offline luke25

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 01:14:31 AM »
I still have alot of man love for Ash (it hurts not being able to call him our Ash any more) he played as a supporter would play, working his bollocks off in every game and celebrating his and team mates goals like they meant alot to him, especially the two derby wins at St Andrews and the late winner at Westham last season that pretty much saved us, Im pretty sure he'll recieve a great welcome back.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal