collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: SAF on Impatient Supporters.  (Read 7386 times)

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
Re: SAF on Impatient Supporters.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 02:22:01 AM »
To be fair, I also think his view is probably the same of 90% of people outside the club.  The perception will be that we hold McLeish's Blues connection against him, so he's under greater scrutiny.  No one else cares enough about us to look at the facts - that his track record is poor and his football is less than entertaining.  That's not to defend the old scrote though.  I wish he'd boycott the BBC again, and all other media outlets.  The day when no one broadcasts his opinion can't come soon enough.  He fails to recognise that Fistface is a phenomenally shite manager with stats and history to prove it.  That's why the fans were on his back.  Nowt to do with him being a Geordie (actually I think he's from Northumberland, which makes him not a Geordie, but don't let facts get in the way of defending an old boy).  Also, the "mind games" thing really gets my goat.  If Tony Pulis makes a bland comment to the effect of "the pressure's on the opposition" or "they don't like it up 'em" no one bats an eyelid.  If Ferguson says it (and Manure inevitably win) it's down to the genius of his "mind games".  Mind games my arse.  Bollocks to his trophy haul and his knighthood.  The man conducts himself with no dignity whatsoever (walks out of a press conference if he's asked a question he doesn't like - another reason the press fawn to him).  He's a nasty piece of work.  The famous hair-dryer treatment?  Bullying in the workplace by any other name.  In most other industries you'd get sacked for gross misconduct for treating your staff like that.  Let's hope we beat his vile outfit with a blatantly offside goal or unjust penalty.  Just to see his purple face explode. 

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 08:11:40 AM »
SAF condescending about Villa? You'd never guess. The official reason why he recommended McLeish to us was that Big Eck's such a good manager at small clubs without any money. (Allthough the real reason is probably that SAF had nothing to lose by giving a favour to an old mate and having yet another one of his cronies in charge of a Premiership rival.)

However, that a rival manager don't give a shit about Villa is to be expected. That's why it's strange that his opinions are stored in the chairman's safe.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 08:16:50 AM by Eigentor »

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 09:15:55 AM »
The real reason he waxes lyrical about these two is that they are poor managers and their continuing presence means two more teams who are likely to roll over and be in thrall to him.

It makes his job easier, and he will sit back and smile. The mean spirited, underhand smile of the bully who will stop at nothing in pursuit of his aims. The sad thing is no-one has the balls to stand up and say that despite his ability and achievements, he wasn't afraid of descending into the gutter to get his way.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 04:33:25 PM »
This is the most important bit as far as we are concerned, and Taggart has been a model of consistency with this particular  opinion:
He had a fantastic last season [at Villa]. You could see maturity coming into his game and that's the thing that attracted me most of all because, at 25, we were getting someone with maturity in the Premier League who could play in several positions.

Many, if not most, posters on this site said  AY was past his best and was showboating, Billy Big Bollocks and so on during his last season.

TBH, I believe he was past the best he has played for Villa, he did seem to want to do everything and be the star when faster releases of the ball or crossing rather then cutting in and taking a shot might have been better for us. If Fergie has the wrong end of the stick about McCleish, surely the opinions of people who have seen the player for 3 years straight rather then one who has seen him several occasions, (whoever that might be,) is more valid?

In the first few matches for Manu it looked like a different player, close to what we first had. But he/they appear to be struggling on the few clips I've seen recently.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 06:07:25 PM »
Does anyone take what this twat says seriously?

I've printed his interview off and put it in my safe.  He's the opposition manager of our hearts.

Offline Iago

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 08:09:01 PM »
Nice smile after the goal. SAF knew we would lie down and allow them to do as they pleased.

Well done Randy.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 11:09:47 AM »
Does he forget that Man U fans were calling for his head twenty years ago?

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »
be a wonderful day for football when that red nosed arsehole retires...

utter ****** who only does things to suit his own agendas, no matter how vile his actions are...

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »
The most embarrasing thing for me yestreday ( on par with the Heskey wonder shot )  was seeing Fergie giggling and waving afther they had scored .      Just fook off Fergie ...

Offline GJH

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 10:30:02 PM »
Wasn't bigging it up when we beat them 1-0 up at their place a few years ago and they booed them off at the end and the cockney scum were phoning 606 asking for him to retire because he was too old! people have short memories!

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 02:43:29 AM »
Two years ago next week in fact. How fast things have changed at our club.

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 03:23:54 PM »
Quote from: Siralex

"Alex McLeish has been under scrutiny a wee bit but, in the climate we have with today's supporters, that's understandable because they just don't have the patience any longer,"

Three wins from fourteen, or put another way having won 21% of our games tends to breed impatience.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 03:54:47 PM »
Also I think 99% of us recognise Young was a good player and we won't boo him but I might boo you

There were more than 1% booing, perhaps he had a point?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal