collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Players moving to Sunderland  (Read 14957 times)

Offline Lobsterboy

Re: Players moving to Sunderland
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2011, 09:01:49 PM »
I'm not sure who M'ON will want from the current Villa set up; presume it will be based on what he sees as his key needs once he has chance to assess his squad.

Would see the likes of Petrov, Cuellar, Heskey, Beye as potentially on the radar but hope he doesn't come in for the likes of Clark and/or Albrighton as either of those could be tempted by the promise of regular first team football

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2011, 09:03:33 PM »
If the miniscule budget rumours are to be believed then i agree Carlos looks likely. We wanted rid in the summer and he's out of contract and he's solid and would do a good job for them. Pity he doesn't get a chance here. Obviously Heskey would be nice but he's AM's golden boy. We couldn't get that lucky. ;0(

Online not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2011, 09:31:47 PM »
Imagine if Sunderland made an offer for Heskey and AM turned them down.  How we'd laugh.

Offline gaucho1966

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »
How do we know that Gabby 'likes MON'.  He might've hated the bloke. 

Talk of him leaving to go to Sunderland is fanciful!  Might it be that we as supporters are as low in confidence as our team?     To paraphrase mr Walnuts, let's collectively grow a pair  it might rub off on the team somehow.

Gabby struggled under MON. He the one player who's excelled under McL. I doubt he'll go anywhere.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2011, 10:24:53 PM »
I can't see MON wanting too many of our players.  If im honest, I don't want most of them.  Im not his biggest fan, in fact, I have a good level of dislike for the man, but to suggest he didn't make Young, Downing and Milner the players they are is just bitterness.  They may have had talent beforehand, but he turned them over at double the price we paid for them at least.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2011, 11:26:20 PM »
Imagine if Sunderland made an offer for Heskey and AM turned them down.  How we'd laugh.

I'd cry bitterly for the first time in years.

Offline bob

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2011, 07:36:14 AM »
How do we know that Gabby 'likes MON'.  He might've hated the bloke. 

Talk of him leaving to go to Sunderland is fanciful!  Might it be that we as supporters are as low in confidence as our team?     To paraphrase mr Walnuts, let's collectively grow a pair  it might rub off on the team somehow.

Gabby struggled under MON.

Eh? No he didn't.

Offline *shellac*

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2011, 08:14:17 AM »
Nigel Reo Coker.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2011, 08:46:14 AM »
Petrov seems likely to me, being as he played for MON at Celtic and us.

Offline supertom

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2011, 09:09:01 AM »
To be honest, none. I think O Neill will be far too stubborn to do any dealing with us. Clearly he feels he was forced out by Randy. Even O Neill, as daft as he is could surely not, NOT, have Emile Heskey for a 3rd fucking time! Or...

Actually if O Neill does take up the job there'll be little of any interest in the top flight outside the North-East. I'd be very curious to see how O Neill does with them. I'd also be very curious to see if Newcastle can maintain their standing. If they finish top 6, having spent fuck all, with a squad that's arguably worse than some teams a mile behind them in the league table, then there's hope for us all.

But lets face it, we've got our spot between 8th-16th all sewn up. Mid-table mediocrity. We know what's coming, and we know how we're gonna get it (with fuck ugly football that makes MON's brand look like Barca). And does anyone here care which half of Manchester wins the league? I don't. What a crap, dull, pointless, season. :(

Wow, bad mood today. 90% pointlessness of football related. 10% braving the high streets for xmas shopping related.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2011, 09:40:12 AM »
There are lot of problems with the current Sunderland team. So they need players from all over Europe. Mr O'Neill  has, as usual, has  got scouts all over the continent  and after debriefing them he has prepared a short list from the best available in this country and abroad. The list is:

Brad Guzan £3m
Habib Beye  £2m
Zat Knight   £3m
James Collins  £4m
Steve Warnock  £2m
Nigel Reo-Coker  £2m
Steve Sidwell £3m
Curtis Davies £4m
Emile Heskey £4m
Marlon Harewood £1m
Wayne Routledge £2

That is a complete new team for under £30m. A bargain when you consider that not so long ago  all these players cost Aston Villa  over £50m! This will as usual be a very shrewd move by  Mr O'Neill

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »
There are lot of problems with the current Sunderland team. So they need players from all over Europe. Mr O'Neill  has, as usual, has  got scouts all over the continent  and after debriefing them he has prepared a short list from the best available in this country and abroad. The list is:

Brad Guzan £3m
Habib Beye  £2m
Zat Knight   £3m
James Collins  £4m
Steve Warnock  £2m
Nigel Reo-Coker  £2m
Steve Sidwell £3m
Curtis Davies £4m
Emile Heskey £4m
Marlon Harewood £1m
Wayne Routledge £2

That is a complete new team for under £30m. A bargain when you consider that not so long ago  all these players cost Aston Villa  over £50m! This will as usual be a very shrewd move by  Mr O'Neill

He could probably get some of them for a couple of quid and their bus fare to Wearside.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal