collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Players moving to Sunderland  (Read 14900 times)

Offline Compass

Re: Players moving to Sunderland
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 04:21:15 PM »
I think MO'N will make a big effort to sign Gabby. Unfortunately i think Gabby would jump at the chance to play for MO'N again, especially as he doesn't like playing 2nd fiddle to Bent.

If the board sold Gabby to Sunderland and especially to MON then all the little support they have left will be vanquished immediately. It would turn into chaos. I mean if it wasn't for Gabby we would be 15th or lower right about now. Would make no sense at all.

Gabby is not going to want to leave Villa for Sunderland.

Fuck me, we're a bit insecure at times, aren't we?

I think it would be foolish to rule anything out. The board are capable of anything catastrophic after that shocking summer.

Gabby may not want to live Villa for Sunderland, but if the board find the right price and want to sell him he'll have no say in the matter.

I'm not saying it'll most certainly happen, but the board can't be trusted now. There's always going to be that doubt.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:24:38 PM by Compass »

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 04:28:58 PM »
I wonder what will be their Harewood type signing to spark their forums into meltdown.  A Jerome from Stoke for instance.

It's MON, he can't help himself buying somebody really crap.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »
I think MO'N will make a big effort to sign Gabby. Unfortunately i think Gabby would jump at the chance to play for MO'N again, especially as he doesn't like playing 2nd fiddle to Bent.

If the board sold Gabby to Sunderland and especially to MON then all the little support they have left will be vanquished immediately. It would turn into chaos. I mean if it wasn't for Gabby we would be 15th or lower right about now. Would make no sense at all.

Gabby is not going to want to leave Villa for Sunderland.

Fuck me, we're a bit insecure at times, aren't we?

I think it would be foolish to rule anything out. The board are capable of anything catastrophic after that shocking summer.

Gabby may not want to live Villa for Sunderland, but if the board find the right price and want to sell him he'll have no say in the matter.

I'm not saying it'll most certainly happen, but the board can't be trusted now. There's always going to be that doubt.

He will have a say, though.

You can't force a player to move somewhere he doesn't want to go.

I appreciate your point about how the board like the money, that's true, but to think Gabby is going to want to leave Villa to go to Sunderland is just mental.

Online TonyD

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »
Not sure if he will sign any Villa players given his fall out with the club.  Would make the negotiating awkward. 

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 04:33:59 PM »
I wonder what will be their Harewood type signing to spark their forums into meltdown.  A Jerome from Stoke for instance.

It's MON, he can't help himself buying somebody really crap.

Well, amusingly, their most pressing need is a striker, which is a position he's hardly covered himself in glory with.

Offline Merv

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »
Gabby looks like he's absolutely loving his football this season, I'd be stunned if he left us for Sunderland.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 05:12:02 PM »
How do we know that Gabby 'likes MON'.  He might've hated the bloke. 

Talk of him leaving to go to Sunderland is fanciful!  Might it be that we as supporters are as low in confidence as our team?     To paraphrase mr Walnuts, let's collectively grow a pair  it might rub off on the team somehow.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 05:12:18 PM »
Not sure if he will sign any Villa players given his fall out with the club.  Would make the negotiating awkward. 

No need for negotiations - they can just have `em, especially Heskey

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 05:14:23 PM »
Get a grip guys, Gabby will only leave us for a bigger club. Fucking Sunderland, your having laugh.

Online ez

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 05:46:56 PM »
Where's Salifou?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 05:48:12 PM »
German 3rd Division.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 07:53:45 PM »
He'll sign a whole load of over-priced, over-hyped crap British players........which doesn't narrow down the field very much I realise

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 08:10:23 PM »
NO i actually think he has learned his lesson. wouldn't surprise me if he bought three right backs in january

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »
He won't sign anybody.   He will rattle his begging bowl around the clubs with big squads looking for loan deals.

He will have already looked the Sunderland board in the eye and promised them everything they have heard about him spunking money in air for rubbish players on grossly inflated wages for never ending contracts is not true.   By God I bet his jaw aches from bullshitting them.

For about two months he will be a reformed character then he will start believing his own publicity again and demand to sign Carlton Cole for twenty million and a hundred grand a week on a six year contract.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2011, 08:44:32 PM »
Warnock? 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal