collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Speculation: Yannick Djalo Joining in January  (Read 20750 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Speculation: Yannick Djalo Joining in January
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
let's give the lad a chance. He might utter bollocks or he might surprise everyone. There are plenty of unproven players on both sides of the ledger that have either been either bollocks which is why they never got noticed or a hidden gem. We haven't signed many hidden gems in the past 10 years that I can recall for relatively nominal fees. If he's crap, unlike Man U's investment in Bebe, we'll just send him back.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2011, 08:28:53 PM »
The obvious question is if he's that good then (a)  why was it only Nice coming in for him and (b) why aren't they looking to tie the deal up.

If he does stay, he might be little more than cover for Gabby- a pacy option from the bench.

The price tag of €3.5m tells you all you need to know. There were rumours last month that Porto were going to try and sign him in January. He's very much like a young Gabby, very fast but questionable technical skill.

Maybe you're right Mark. But contract status and duration plays a part too.  Sporting themselves did some cracking business last summer with the likes of Capel and Van Wolfswinkel for less than €7 million combined- two young Spanish and Dutch internationals.

Also in your part of the world, Steven Defour joined FC Porto for €6 mill and Axel Witsel joined Benfica for €8 million, so the value is out there.  I'm not sure Djalo comes into that category yet, but I'm glad we're at least considering alternatives to the overpriced (and overhyped)  domestic market.

Offline VWBelgian

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2011, 09:02:59 PM »
Witsel and Defour are class, but i have my doubts for the PL. A missed chance is that lad M'vila... really good player that, unlucky we didnt snatch him up last season.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2011, 01:14:02 AM »
 "We're just going to look at him on trial," McLeish said. "Talk of signing him is very premature.

"I didn't really want it to be anybody's business, but I know the lad put it on Facebook himself, so what chance have you got?"

And the 3rd finish in that hatrick posted earlier is a stunner.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2011, 05:06:01 AM »

And the 3rd finish in that hatrick posted earlier is a stunner.

.....and so is his Missus ! ......http://www.ronaldo7.net/friends/yannick-djalo.html ........Ooooh , I say , hope we see her down at Villa Park , apparently she,s a Children.s T.V. Presenter in Portugal , I bet  she could put the 'Blue' into Blue Peter ! , Valerie Singleton she ain,t !
   Note , this site already has Djalo,s listed Club  ( somewhat prematurely ) as Aston Villa ................Godzvilla!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:48:59 AM by godzvilla »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2011, 09:47:12 AM »
Some people really will find something negative in everything.

I can't for the life of me see why this could be a negative thing.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »
Some people really will find something negative in everything.

I can't for the life of me see why this could be a negative thing.
Absolutely

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal