collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gwent Lions get flag ripped apart by Villa Fans.  (Read 15709 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Gwent Lions get flag ripped apart by Villa Fans.
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 12:49:32 PM »
I was next to these guys on the back row and they were agitated about the flag for a long while before they ripped it down. They were going on about "the Welsh fucking hate us".

When the lad came along to collect the flag explaining that 'we're Welsh but we're Villa" it didn't appear to cut any ice.

For the first 10 minutes of the game the two Welsh haters simply goaded the Welsh Villa fans and it felt to me simply a matter of time before the fighting started. Stewards paid some interest but the police kept out of it.

To be honest it was pretty horrible, I just couldn't believe that Villa fans appeared to be about to kick off against each other.

At the end of the game it seemed to be about to start again. Unbelievable.

That pretty much sums up what happened, i was waiting for punches to be thown. They were an absolute disgrace, i'm ashamed that they support us.

Well done on the club for helping them out for the Swansea home game.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »
There are always idiots at away games.  I was glad the applause broke out for the silence because the morons behind me had no chance of keeping their traps shut for it, referring to Speed as a Welsh cnut etc etc.  Shameful.

Offline SteveD

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 03:13:10 PM »
Let's be honest, if they'd been around in the 1880s, they'd have been calling for Ramsey and McGregor to "fuck off back to Scotland". Brainless chavs.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 05:22:19 PM »
I was next to these guys on the back row and they were agitated about the flag for a long while before they ripped it down. They were going on about "the Welsh fucking hate us".

When the lad came along to collect the flag explaining that 'we're Welsh but we're Villa" it didn't appear to cut any ice.

For the first 10 minutes of the game the two Welsh haters simply goaded the Welsh Villa fans and it felt to me simply a matter of time before the fighting started. Stewards paid some interest but the police kept out of it.

To be honest it was pretty horrible, I just couldn't believe that Villa fans appeared to be about to kick off against each other.

Correct, Rob was immediately to their left and myself and daughter were to Rob's right.  They had the last 4 seats before the aisle. Row Y, they would have been 138-141 i think. When the guy from Gwent put up his flag i commented that we lived in Bridgend and were ST holders and how much we had been looking forward to this game as watching Villa within 30 mins of home was a treat. Usually its a 300 mile round  trip for every home game.
As soon as these idiots arrived just mins prior to kick off they asked who put the flag up and promtly ripped it down and to shreds saying the Fuckin Welsh hate the English". It was made up of 1 quarter Villa flag with 3 Welsh flags attached and Gwent Lions printed across the bottom.
I am of Worcester origin but have lived in Bridgend for 25 years and having married a Welsh girl, now have 2 Welsh daughters...even 1 of those was born on St Davids day !!! So having lost most of my Midlands accent now, i told my daughter, reluctantly ,that we would keep quiet for the whole game and not join in singing, banter or general conversation. My daughter felt extremely imntimidated and i felt really uncomfortable. Several of the flag owners tried to explain to the idiots that we were all following the same club, wearing the same badge, but they were not interested, just kept referring to Welsh/English etc.
I was ashamed for the first time in 40 odd years to be a Villa fan, and reluctantly will probably not go to away games any longer

Offline rutski

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 05:40:39 PM »
how many fans did we have, 2000? and there were 4 mindless pricks! not bad for a club of our size. like the woman on the you tube racist thing and in life in general, it is always the minority who make the headlines and spoil it for everybody else. if people know what seats that they were in then they should be reported to the club and then the police and they can be dealt with accordingly!

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »
It just beggars belief.

Not quite isloated in the Villa v Villa fighting though as it kicked off for just a few seconds near us (we were in the lower section right behind the goal) and was pretty heated for 5 minutes after. Again, the police & stewards were very low profile.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 07:35:52 PM »

Correct, Rob was immediately to their left and myself and daughter were to Rob's right.  They had the last 4 seats before the aisle. Row Y, they would have been 138-141 i think. When the guy from Gwent put up his flag i commented that we lived in Bridgend and were ST holders and how much we had been looking forward to this game as watching Villa within 30 mins of home was a treat. Usually its a 300 mile round  trip for every home game.
As soon as these idiots arrived just mins prior to kick off they asked who put the flag up and promtly ripped it down and to shreds saying the Fuckin Welsh hate the English". It was made up of 1 quarter Villa flag with 3 Welsh flags attached and Gwent Lions printed across the bottom.
I am of Worcester origin but have lived in Bridgend for 25 years and having married a Welsh girl, now have 2 Welsh daughters...even 1 of those was born on St Davids day !!! So having lost most of my Midlands accent now, i told my daughter, reluctantly ,that we would keep quiet for the whole game and not join in singing, banter or general conversation. My daughter felt extremely imntimidated and i felt really uncomfortable. Several of the flag owners tried to explain to the idiots that we were all following the same club, wearing the same badge, but they were not interested, just kept referring to Welsh/English etc.
I was ashamed for the first time in 40 odd years to be a Villa fan, and reluctantly will probably not go to away games any longer

That's terrible, Dazvillain, particularly with you feeling the need to keep your daughter quiet. It just goes to show how much it matters who you happen to be close to at an away game. I've only missed one away league game since April of last year and would say the friendliness of the Swansea fans before the game was better that any 'away' experience in this period. It started with two fans who had just parked up confirming where I would be safe to park on the divide between a retail/industrial estate, and confirming I wouldn't get clamped. Then went to the Harvester for two hours before the game and was again struck by how welcoming their fans were. Once in the ground, again no problems. However, I did see two guys (Villa fans) in the second row just behind the goal arguing with each other, which culminated in one headbutting the other about ten minutes from the end! Also saw a similar disagreement at half-time in the Sunderland game.

As you appear to have identified the seat numbers of the idiots involved I very much hope that the Club will investigate this further, and take appropriate action.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 09:09:13 PM »

Daz, were you the chap with the daughter with the blonde hair who had sunglases on? If so, i was standing next to your daughter.

It was one of those times where you felt like saying something but you knew it was best not to.

As for not fancying anymore away games, please don't let those waste of sperm put you off.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 10:34:27 PM »
They were going on about "the Welsh fucking hate us".

Clearly they have never had a night out in Newport. Welsh ladies are very friendly  ;)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 10:42:16 PM »
Are you going to visit Legion tomorrow Mr Redsox?

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2011, 09:21:37 AM »

Daz, were you the chap with the daughter with the blonde hair who had sunglases on? If so, i was standing next to your daughter.

It was one of those times where you felt like saying something but you knew it was best not to.

As for not fancying anymore away games, please don't let those waste of sperm put you off.

Yes clampy that was us ! I was having friendly gesturing with some Swansea fans prior to the game to the left of the segregation... i work with them. That soon stopped when those idiots appeared to our left. I hpe someone has given the seat numbers to the correct people at AVFC

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal