collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gwent Lions get flag ripped apart by Villa Fans.  (Read 15732 times)

Offline Karl Bridges

Re: Gwent Lions get flag ripped apart by Villa Fans.
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 11:25:28 AM »
Pathetic small minded idiots.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »
Aston Villa have been brilliant in all honesty, with the chief exec getting in touch with the Gwent Lions with reassuring words and an offer to buy a new flag and an invitation around the Swansea home game. The response from the club and 99.9% of Villa fans is what you'd expect.

A couple of years ago some twats made off with the Dutch Lions flag after a Newcastle game. Whilst it makes me very sad to know that yet again there are those within our ranks who clearly could not care less about fellow supporters, I'm reassured yet again by the response of the club and most of our fans.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »
Tossers. The majority reaction and the way the club are handling it though turns a bad news story into a positive one.

I was in a bit of a dream when I first started reading the thread and was wondering why Belgian Villa fans would have a Dragon on the flag before I realised it was Gwent not Ghent.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 12:40:34 PM »
I was in a bit of a dream when I first started reading the thread and was wondering why Belgian Villa fans would have a Dragon on the flag before I realised it was Gwent not Ghent.
Interestingly it would still have worked. One of the symbols of Ghent is a golden dragon.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 12:51:44 PM »
Interestingly it would still have worked. One of the symbols of Ghent is a golden dragon.

The things you learn from empty beer bottles.

As for the twats that tore down the flag, I'd really hope they could be tracked down and banned. Utter scum.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 02:22:41 PM »
"best fans we have had for a few seasons" lets protect that reputation and find these embarrasing fans and expose them .......

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 02:46:49 PM »
Personally I would force them to spend a night out with that other moron, Jeremy Clarkson - what a tool !

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 02:50:54 PM »
I remember seeing that flag before kick-off. Disappointing to have some idiots for fans.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 03:01:30 PM »
Aston Villa have been brilliant in all honesty, with the chief exec getting in touch with the Gwent Lions with reassuring words and an offer to buy a new flag and an invitation around the Swansea home game. The response from the club and 99.9% of Villa fans is what you'd expect.

Well done to the Chief Exec for a great reaction. That is a really good gesture.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »
Or even in Wales.

Oh come on that is too much of an imposition!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 08:41:52 PM »

Well done to the Chief Exec for a great reaction. That is a really good gesture.

It's not really all that surprising. Over the years, whoever's been in charge, the club have invariably done the right thing.

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 09:26:13 PM »
Scum. Sub-human scum.

Offline villabren

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 11:49:57 PM »
Had something similar happen over here after our second leg of the euro 2012 play off v Estonia. An excellent Richard Dunne-The Iron Curtain flag (tribute to his excellent performance in Moscow) was nicked along with a God Save Our keane one.
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34163&title=bad-news-flags-taken

Offline Reiver51

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 10:30:10 AM »

The things you learn from empty beer bottles.

As for the twats that tore down the flag, I'd really hope they could be tracked down and banned. Utter scum.

And a fine beer it is too 'Gulden Draak' 10.5%

Offline AVFCRob

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 12:22:34 PM »
I was next to these guys on the back row and they were agitated about the flag for a long while before they ripped it down. They were going on about "the Welsh fucking hate us".

When the lad came along to collect the flag explaining that 'we're Welsh but we're Villa" it didn't appear to cut any ice.

For the first 10 minutes of the game the two Welsh haters simply goaded the Welsh Villa fans and it felt to me simply a matter of time before the fighting started. Stewards paid some interest but the police kept out of it.

To be honest it was pretty horrible, I just couldn't believe that Villa fans appeared to be about to kick off against each other.

At the end of the game it seemed to be about to start again. Unbelievable.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal