collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stephen Ireland - Still has future.  (Read 16389 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Stephen Ireland - Still has future.
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 05:39:32 PM »
Ireland is a luxury player, great when the going is easy but the last msn you would want when there is some hard graft to be done. In the situation we're in we cannot afford luxury players because we don't have other players who can cover for him to let him fanny about doing his thing.

It's the age old phenomenon that the longer a player is out of the side the better they become.

Offline Compass

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »
I don't see why any Villa fan would defend Ireland. This guy has done nothing in the club at all. He has had a quite a few chances to step up the plate, but he never does. It's just 'nearly' 'nearly' 'nearly' when it really counts for fuck all. He's also slagged us off and shown a piss poor attitude on the pitch where he'll just jog to the players instead of run at them. Makoun has done more than him but he was sent on loan, why?

What's more troubling is that he is one of the highest wage earners and that pretty much sums up what's wrong with this club. Who authorised to bring him here? He came when there was no manager in place.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 05:53:28 PM »
I don't see why any Villa fan would defend Ireland. This guy has done nothing in the club at all. He has had a quite a few chances to step up the plate, but he never does. It's just 'nearly' 'nearly' 'nearly' when it really counts for fuck all. He's also slagged us off and shown a piss poor attitude on the pitch where he'll just jog to the players
instead of run at them. Makoun has done more than him but he was sent on loan, why

What's more troubling is that he is one of the highest wage earners and that pretty much sums up what's wrong with this club. Who authorised to bring him here? He
came when there was no manager in place.

Are you the real Compass?
I like that post and there is no mention of McLeish in it.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »
Off the top of my head I can recall the Chelsea game at home last season when he played well, Fulham away when he came off the bench and QPR away this season.

So as far as 'done nothing,'  no, I don't think that's valid.  Would those performances alone be enough to command a regular starting place?    Under normal circumstances, I'd also say no. But our determination to seemingly build a side around midfield general Emile Heskey would indicate normal is a foreign country to us at present.  For me, SI would -at the very least- be the least worst option.  And might just come good with the same amount of game time  Ivanhoe has enjoyed to date this season.  I genuinely don't see how he could be much worse, in all honesty.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2011, 06:03:54 PM »
I'd put Jenas and Bannan both ahead of Ireland so he's a long way from the least worst option.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 06:05:05 PM »
too much of a fanny merchant for AM even if he could get his head straight and find some form. Mebbe he should try and catch the managers eye by scything down some of his teammates in training

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 06:12:18 PM »
We've heard all this' plays great in training' bullshit stuff before,its a shame then that when he plays a league he goes missing.

Hopefully it won't be long til he's packed off to Doncaster.
Absolutely - the guy's a charlatan in MHO.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »
we need a system to allow us playing creative attacking football to benefits Ireland and Bannan and allow us to create plenty of chance for Mr Darren Bent to score goals for fun and discipined defenders to defend and pass the ball to midfield properly.  We can't keep playing with Hutton and Heskey in the team.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 06:27:59 PM »
I was very suprised when Ireland was dropped a few games back.  He was easily one of our better performers in the games he played.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 06:41:19 PM »
He's only gonna play one of those types of players(I know he did at QPR,but that was before Jenas was fit) and it should be Bannan,he's shows for the ball far more than Ireland does,never goes missing in games,and apart from the second half at QPR,i cant think of a decent perfromance from him.

If he continues with 4 3 3,the three will come from Petrov,Herd,Jenas and Bannan. Personally i really wish Makoun was still here,as he could sit with Herd deep,Herd doing the running and tackling and as no one from our back four can bring the ball out too well Makoun couldve done this job,playing simple passes,getting things started.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »
Stephen Ireland has been one of the biggest let downs I've ever seen at the club. So much natural talent, so much promise, fuck all application.

That said, N'Zig could well outdo him if his form and apparent interest levels keep up (or is it down?)!

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »
we can only afford one out of Bannan and Ireland and currently although hes been a right numpty Bannan is miles in front of Ireland!

Bannan works at getting into space, Ireland expects the ball at his feet without working for it.

God know what he does in training but its not translating onto the pitch Ive watched him closely and he seems to think hes playing for Barca strolling around like some class player.

What i cant understand is why he played so well for City i mean at the time they didnt have great players

Offline Villanation

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »
Stephen Ireland needs to move on, the club needs him to move on, his career needs him to move on and the fans need him to move on.

Its fast becoming a piss take.

Offline Shoody

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2011, 09:13:57 PM »
Ireland has been gash in every performance for us, he has a couple of bright moments but he is the laziest player i have ever seen. Even vs Hereford he looked amateur, no energy or drive even then to prove himself.

ANYBODY defending him. Justify him having the wages of probably Gardner, Bannan, Clark, Herd and Albrighton combined. If not more. 70k a week.

Fuck me.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
Anybody else noticed the past couple of weeks AMc has turned into Bullshit Man.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal