collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emile Heskey  (Read 53966 times)

Offline geeeenius1971

Re: Emile Heskey
« Reply #240 on: April 28, 2013, 08:10:23 PM »
i always thought he played 20 yards to deep,he did good work holding the ball up on the half way line but then never got on the end of the cross in the box

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #241 on: April 28, 2013, 08:13:19 PM »
Decent bloke and a decent player who tried his very best, but ultimately he was a non scoring striker. Waste of cash really.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #242 on: April 28, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »
He doesn't deserve the medals, money and England caps he gained - he was way too average, if that. He was lucky their wasn't many top drawer England strikers around at that time.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #243 on: April 28, 2013, 08:42:54 PM »
I remember him bullying Ugo and Southgate during semi final at Leicester and that didnt happen too often. Was a good team player, who played for the team rather than himself imho

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #244 on: April 28, 2013, 11:25:31 PM »
I remember him bullying Ugo and Southgate during semi final at Leicester and that didnt happen too often. Was a good team player, who played for the team rather than himself imho

He was decent at Leicester where O'Neill's "style of play" suited his style of play, then had two good years at Liverpool where he played next to Owen when he was at his best.  Other than that, it was a career spent hanging around up front being a "defensive striker" for shite like Blues and Wigan.

Offline supertom

« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
One of the best games I ever saw Emile have was playing as a centre-back for Wigan a few years back on the last day of the season. He was brilliant, and they escaped relegation on the final day. Given his size and the fact he often couldn't hit the preverbial barn door, you have to wonder why he never moved to the back at some point. Could have been a better centre half than a forward in the last 5 years.

For a time under Houllier he did look quite decent though, playing as the lone striker. I remember he had a little purple patch scoring something like 5 in 9 games which was positively prolific for Emile. His hold up play was good. The trouble was, for all his good work, we still weren't scoring enough and then of course we bought Bent, and Heskey then flitted in and out the team

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2013, 10:37:59 AM »
It was hard to dislike big Emile, but I was glad when he left. All effort, no ability.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal