collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa match thread by rob_bridge
[Today at 08:10:24 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 08:08:23 PM]

Tennis 2024 by maidstonevillain
[Today at 08:02:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Eric Lichaj  (Read 8341 times)

Offline Compass

Re: Eric Lichaj
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 08:35:35 PM »
Hutton had a decent game today but because he's a McLeish signing and number one whipping boy you all refuse to see it.

Apart from the fact he was lucky to get away with a red card tackle. Funny how you refuse to see that.

Also, I don't recall one poster having a bad word to say about Given and he's a McLeish signing. How does that support your argument?

It's very noble you're in the minority of defending McLeish for anything, but it's painfully obvious he has turned us into the new Blues. You'll open your eyes eventually. Then answer to yourself on why you was so blinded in the first place.

Of course it wasn't a red card you daft sod.

One of these days you'll make a post that doesn't whinge, doesn't try to blame McLeish for everything and shows some insight rather than trot out the "new Blues" cliches. When you do I might take you seriously.

So you think the tackle he made was acceptable? LOL. Make no mistake that was worthy of a red card. He has just been lucky with decisions such as this game, the West Brom game when he made a similar foul and the game against Wigan when he fouled a player in the box that could have easily been a pen.

Oh, and you're one to talk about being taken seriously. You're the guy who thought McLeish made the right tactics against Spurs without even watching the damn game. What's worse is I seem to recall when we was looking for a new manager you didn't even want McLeish, then suddenly when he becomes the manager you see him through claret and blue tinted glasses like you do with Hutton. You're extremely biased and have no standards when to draw the line. You cannot think outside of the box at all.

It's going to be hilarious the day you turn against McLeish. Make sure to look back at your previous posts when you defended him through thick and thin then answer to yourself what on earth you was smoking.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:37:43 PM by Compass »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »
Hutton had a decent game today but because he's a McLeish signing and number one whipping boy you all refuse to see it.

Come off it Chris, that's a really childish argument.  I don't care who signed him, he's awful, and easily the worst recognised right back I've ever seen at Villa.  Shockingly bad player.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 09:10:51 PM »

Come off it Chris, that's a really childish argument.  I don't care who signed him, he's awful, and easily the worst recognised right back I've ever seen at Villa.  Shockingly bad player.

It's true though, today he played pretty well today. Was rarely beaten by his winger, go forward and linked up the N'Zogbia put in a couple of decent crosses himself and a shot just over the bar.

He's no world beater but he's just not being judged fairly because the mob have taken against him.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 09:24:36 PM »
It's going to be hilarious the day you turn against McLeish. Make sure to look back at your previous posts when you defended him through thick and thin then answer to yourself what on earth you was smoking.

You really haven't got the first clue have you.

I'm not defending him through thick and thin, it's giving him a chance. He's had 13 games but small minded people like you have been on his back from the start. Given the circumstances of the summer I think we've done ok but you twist everything to your tiresome anti McLeish agenda, even when we win all you do is talk about the negatives.

Offline lukey27

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 09:25:07 PM »
I think Hutton has been pretty poor since he's signed. His booking today was an idiotic tackle and there was a few of those flying in, in the first half from a number of our side.

He's solid enough, but he's looking more and more like the spitting image of Stephen Warnock on the other side of the pitch.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 09:25:17 PM »
People are just calling it as they see it.  He really is very poor.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 09:35:39 PM »

I beg your pardon. That position belongs to Ivanhoe. He continues to be a complete waste of a shirt. He won a few headers today, wow, that should see him kept in the starting line up for the next few months.

Hutton is shit though. He's only number 2 whipping boy.
N'Zogbia is 3, Collins is at 4 and only at 4 because he didn't cost us a goal today

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 10:27:35 PM »
So you think the tackle he made was acceptable? LOL. Make no mistake that was worthy of a red card. He has just been lucky with decisions such as this game, the West Brom game when he made a similar foul and the game against Wigan when he fouled a player in the box that could have easily been a pen.

I'm sorry but this view that Hutton's a dirty player just doesn't stack up.  He's a defender so you'd expect him to pick up more cards but he's got no reds, and less yellows than Gabby and Stan.  He's also not given any pens away.  He can't be lucky all of the time.

He just looks a very average player, just like he looked before we signed him.  I'm not sure why anyone expected anything else.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 10:43:53 PM »
Beye has taken a lot of stick but i would much prefer him at right back,Hutton is just very poor and cannot see why AM bought him.

Offline Shoody

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
We need to try something different to Dunne, Herd, Petrov and then the three Idiots (Hutton, Warnock, Collins) as our defensive set up. All those last three have been poor enough to deserve being dropped. Id even go as far as

Given
           Cuellar Dunne Clark
                   Herd Petrov
                Bannan  Jenas
          Nzogbia             Gabby
                       Bent

against weaker teams. I really want to see us try and win a game.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 11:40:11 PM »

Apart from the fact he was lucky to get away with a red card tackle. Funny how you refuse to see that.

Also, I don't recall one poster having a bad word to say about Given and he's a McLeish signing. How does that support your argument?

It's very noble you're in the minority of defending McLeish for anything, but it's painfully obvious he has turned us into the new Blues. You'll open your eyes eventually. Then answer to yourself on why you was so blinded in the first place.

Not a player we've signed since this site has been up and running that Chris hasn't backed to the hilt however shit he's been. Then about a month after they leave he sort of admits they were bobbins. Same goes for the managers

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 11:46:19 PM »

That's a ridiculous argument, and one you're falling back on quite a lot recently.

The people criticising McLeish are only doing so because he used to manage Blues ... the people criticising Hutton are only doing so because McLeish signed him. it really is a totally pointless argument that is getting wheeled out as a last ditch, weapon of last resort.

McLeish signed Given, too, but there's not been a word of criticism of him, and why is this?

Because he's good. Hutton is positionally hopeless and has a proclivity to make brainless over the top challenges. He's just not very good., and that is the reason people are having a go at him.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 12:22:25 AM »
Beye has taken a lot of stick but i would much prefer him at right back,Hutton is just very poor and cannot see why AM bought him.

How did Beye get on with Donny?

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 12:31:59 AM »
0-0 Beye had a very good game by all accounts

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 03:25:59 AM »
In fairness to Hutton the support he gets from the man in front of him, Charlie Zoggy, is somewhat erratic to say the least. I thought his performance today was an improvement on his horror shows to date.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal