collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Eric Lichaj  (Read 8357 times)

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

Eric Lichaj
« on: November 27, 2011, 03:32:24 PM »
Does anyone know when Eric will be back from injury?

I can't stand to see Alan Hutton in our side, and I doubt we'll be signing another right back in January.

Offline Compass

Re: Eric Lichaj
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 03:37:31 PM »
Even if Eric Lichaj recovered, there is no way AMC would drop Hutton for him.

I mean Herd got Man of the Match in the Wolves game when he was playing at right back, then McLeish goes and buys Hutton so he can play right back. I mean let's just ignore for a minute Hutton is absoutely shit at defending and attacking. He even puts in dirty tackles that should have gotten him 2 reds by now, yet our useless manager insists of using him despite all this.

AMC dropping Hutton is impossible mainly because our manager has mental health problems when it comes to football.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 03:38:37 PM »
I don't really think that is an appropriate choice of phrase in light of recent events.

The sooner Lichaj is back the better.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »
Herd should be right back.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 06:03:24 PM »
Your username unsettles me.

To be honest I don't think there's much difference between the two, I personally would be happy with Cuellar at Right Back, albeit if he's all to eager to play hoof ball.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 06:07:40 PM »
Hutton truly is awful.  Its an absolute miracle that he hasn't been sent off this season.  Even his boots fucking annoyed me today.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »
Think we're stuck with Hutton for the foreseable future i'm afraid. Can't work out whether he's a complete thug or just really really shite. bit of both?

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 06:42:03 PM »
Hutton had a decent game today but because he's a McLeish signing and number one whipping boy you all refuse to see it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 07:01:34 PM »
Only saw the last 30 mins but saw that long crossfield Swansea hit that badly exposed Hutton. Think it was Sinclair that nipped in ahead of him and it was only a good Collins block that stopped the goal.

The right side of our defence really worries me, Hutton and Collins are liabilities against any pacey widemen.

Offline Compass

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »
Hutton had a decent game today but because he's a McLeish signing and number one whipping boy you all refuse to see it.

Apart from the fact he was lucky to get away with a red card tackle. Funny how you refuse to see that.

Also, I don't recall one poster having a bad word to say about Given and he's a McLeish signing. How does that support your argument?

It's very noble you're in the minority of defending McLeish for anything, but it's painfully obvious he has turned us into the new Blues. You'll open your eyes eventually. Then answer to yourself on why you was so blinded in the first place.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 08:05:55 PM »

Apart from the fact he was lucky to get away with a red card tackle. Funny how you refuse to see that.

Also, I don't recall one poster having a bad word to say about Given and he's a McLeish signing. How does that support your argument?

It's very noble you're in the minority of defending McLeish for anything, but it's painfully obvious he has turned us into the new Blues. You'll open your eyes eventually. Then answer to yourself on why you was so blinded in the first place.

Of course it wasn't a red card you daft sod.

One of these days you'll make a post that doesn't whinge, doesn't try to blame McLeish for everything and shows some insight rather than trot out the "new Blues" cliches. When you do I might take you seriously.

Offline tarzansbrother

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 08:22:38 PM »

Chris at the moment he looks a very poor buy. It's looking like the manager has spunked £4m on a thug of a footballer. 5 minutes in and he hacks someone down with a yellow card was a joke today, after his previous games of rash challenges. For me I would play Beye for his last year of wages or Herd.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »
He was much better today but I'd still prefer Lichaj there as he's much, much better.  I'd even prefer Cuellar there to be honest.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
I don't think it's because Hutton is McLeish's signing as he also signed Given (who most think is an excellent signing), N'Zogbia (who a fair percentage of people think just needs a bit more time) and Jenas (who a lot of people think is going to be an effective player for us).

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 08:34:23 PM »

A decent game?

Bad tackling
Fell over when wrong footed which could have lead to a goal
Awful crossing
Lack of understanding with Zog (ok, the blame is shared there)

Apart from that, yep, a decent game.

Watching from behind the goal today made it easier for me to see how bad Hutton is

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal