collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: No need for a Jan transfer speculation thread  (Read 6711 times)

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
No need for a Jan transfer speculation thread
« on: November 27, 2011, 10:06:24 AM »
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/midlands-football/2011/11/26/alex-mcleish-admits-villa-unlikely-to-sign-new-players-in-january-transfer-window-97319-29844706/

A strange story, especially given the quote about no meeting with lerner about funds.
I am also perplexed about his comments about how he 'maybe' got things wrong against spurs.

Offline Greg N'Ash

Re: No need for a Jan transfer speculation thread
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 10:28:34 AM »
still need a transfer thread though. Once we've sold gabby or Bent, AM is sure to be given at least a third of the money to re-invest

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 10:32:04 AM »
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/midlands-football/2011/11/26/alex-mcleish-admits-villa-unlikely-to-sign-new-players-in-january-transfer-window-97319-29844706/

A strange story, especially given the quote about no meeting with lerner about funds.
I am also perplexed about his comments about how he 'maybe' got things wrong against spurs.

“It’s no disgrace to lose to Tottenham but the manner in which we went about it was not a team that was an extension of me."

Actually, that's exactly what it was.

And the fact that the manager and the chairman haven't talked about strategy for January yet is just further proof of what a shambles the management are.

Offline mal

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »
“It’s no disgrace to lose to Tottenham" there's the problem right there. Oh yes it is and it always should be.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 10:40:38 AM »

“It’s no disgrace to lose to Tottenham but the manner in which we went about it was not a team that was an extension of me."

Actually, that's exactly what it was.

And the fact that the manager and the chairman haven't talked about strategy for January yet is just further proof of what a shambles the management are.
Sheer negligence is the only way I can describe it

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 10:46:09 AM »
He'll be under huge pressure to go by January as we will be bottom 6, that may well muddy the waters on signing anyone during the transfer window

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »
At last we have 100% insight into his team selection and tactics:-

“I’ve been tossing coins for the last few weeks about who should start, who should be on the bench"

That explains the continued selection of the likes of Hutton, Collins and Heskey

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »
Aye. if he goes it will be towards the end of January. I reckon Lerner will have looked at our fixtures in december and will give him January to spark some improvement. Obviously if he doesn't he'll be gone and the next mug won't have any time to bring in re-inforcements. I really fear for us if we're in the mix with clubs like bolton and wigan whose players know how to scrap for their lives - this season's "too good to go down"?

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 10:56:22 AM »
If we have a dire December there's every possibility that Randy'll find some way of loading more debt on the club/find some money down the back of the sofa, just like he did last year.

Of course, those of us who were cynical about the Bent purchase last January were in the minority: this year I would imagine that the "That's proves Randy still loves us!" proclaimers will be a rare voice.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »
Although apparently we turned down the chance to sign a 15 year old Brazilian called Guillherme Celestino, who has now signed for Inter.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 11:02:10 AM »
Although apparently we turned down the chance to sign a 15 year old Brazilian called Guillherme Celestino, who has now signed for Inter.

He wouldn't have done any bloody good in a McLeish team anyway.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 11:02:22 AM »
No players in, hmmmm, well have to say I wouldn't back McLiesh with 50p, lets face it that isn't the reason why, the reason is Lerner has shut up shop where Villa are concerned, think he has where the Browns are concerned also.

Disaster.

Offline Iago

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 11:04:23 AM »
No players in, hmmmm, well have to say I wouldn't back McLiesh with 50p, lets face it that isn't the reason why, the reason is Lerner has shut up shop where Villa are concerned, think he has where the Browns are concerned also.

Disaster.
AM has not had a meeting about transfer funds.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »

Disaster.
AM has not had a meeting about transfer funds.

Not what I'm saying, saying, I personally wouldn't back him with your 50p and that IMO Lerner has somewhat lost interest in the club.

If your saying that AM has not had a meeting about any potential transfer fund (although I'm not sure how you'd know that) only goes to point out what a bad manager he is this close to a transfer window..................If that's the case, which I very much doubt.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:40 AM »
Aye. if he goes it will be towards the end of January. I reckon Lerner will have looked at our fixtures in december and will give him January to spark some improvement. Obviously if he doesn't he'll be gone and the next mug won't have any time to bring in re-inforcements. I really fear for us if we're in the mix with clubs like bolton and wigan whose players know how to scrap for their lives - this season's "too good to go down"?

What an absolute balls the club hierarchy are making of a second season in a row. That is a very likely scenario you have painted and yet again we will be backed into a corner. Bravo.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal