collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stan Collymore  (Read 21015 times)

Online Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
Re: Stan Collymore
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 11:59:14 AM »
In the last two weeks my business has failed, leaving me massively in debt, my partner has been rushed to hospital with a potentially life threatening condition and my ex has revealed that she's moving to the other side of the country and taking our son with her. I'm about to lose my vehicle and my flat, and in all likelihood be declared bankrupt very soon.

As someone who has suffered with chronic depression for many years (have been through Prozac, Amitryptyline, Citalopram, am on Mirtazapine again at the moment) and has experienced many times when I wasn't fully in control, I have every empathy for SVC in his struggle against the Black Dog... But wouldn't argue with anyone's right to call him a cock. Even people who don't suffer with depression can be cocks, or so I understand...

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 12:01:54 PM »
I think you are a bit out of order Usualsuspect.
You need to understand depression fully to understand what it can do to someone mentally.  No one is saying it is alright to hit /assault a woman but when you have a mental health issue, it can drive you to do things that people who are not suffering, do.  Do some research on the internet, there will be plenty of interesting reading for you on there.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »
I have to admit I was similarly ignorant of the condition at the same time, so I'm prepared to cut Gregory some slack as he only said things that lots of people thought in their (and my) ignorance.

So well done to him for at least helping awareness.  It's a physical illness just as much as breaking your leg or having cancer.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 12:04:21 PM »
Its certainly put the boot in my family and ruined relations between faily members.  Some people are just to thick to understand it.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 12:04:57 PM »
So because of his "Illness" Collymore is able to physical assault women, go dogging on a regular basis whilst leaving his wife and kids at home and generally just do whatever he wants.

Bit convenient that.

I didn't say his behaviour was excusable, I did say that his condition does not take more than a little push to make his actions uncontrollable.

As someone who has been on medication for this condition for over 10 years (and my level is not anywhere near critical), I am renowned for having no patience and a foul temper.
I can easily envisage a worse sufferer having many personality traits that are far less than normal acceptance levels would tolerate.
Have you read or found any evidence that he enjoyed any of the activities he has demonstrated? Because if not, it is a viable excuse - much like a drug addict and a drunk are not in control of their actions, but can have treatment for their condition

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 12:13:23 PM »
In the last two weeks my business has failed, leaving me massively in debt, my partner has been rushed to hospital with a potentially life threatening condition and my ex has revealed that she's moving to the other side of the country and taking our son with her. I'm about to lose my vehicle and my flat, and in all likelihood be declared bankrupt very soon.

As someone who has suffered with chronic depression for many years (have been through Prozac, Amitryptyline, Citalopram, am on Mirtazapine again at the moment) and has experienced many times when I wasn't fully in control, I have every empathy for SVC in his struggle against the Black Dog... But wouldn't argue with anyone's right to call him a cock. Even people who don't suffer with depression can be cocks, or so I understand...
Best of luck with your fight rodders, and I hope your partner pulls through.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2011, 12:22:02 PM »
Best of luck Rodders it sounds like you're having a nightmare of a time.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2011, 12:24:14 PM »
So because of his "Illness" Collymore is able to physical assault women, go dogging on a regular basis whilst leaving his wife and kids at home and generally just do whatever he wants.

Bit convenient that.

I didn't say his behaviour was excusable, I did say that his condition does not take more than a little push to make his actions uncontrollable.

As someone who has been on medication for this condition for over 10 years (and my level is not anywhere near critical), I am renowned for having no patience and a foul temper.
I can easily envisage a worse sufferer having many personality traits that are far less than normal acceptance levels would tolerate.
Have you read or found any evidence that he enjoyed any of the activities he has demonstrated? Because if not, it is a viable excuse - much like a drug addict and a drunk are not in control of their actions, but can have treatment for their condition
I wouldn't bother trying to reason with him Neil, he appears to be more of an idiot than I gave him credit for, which is saying something.

Offline philthebar

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2011, 12:24:47 PM »
Best of luck Rodders it sounds like you're having a nightmare of a time.

Seconded - hang in there - good luck on all fronts

Online Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2011, 12:29:46 PM »
Thank you, everybody. Que sera...

Have just been reading SVC on Twitter; as he says, "the clouds will always lift" - just about the most important thing for anyone with depression to remember. Good on him for going public, as I can (now) attest; it can be cathartic. Your thoughts have uplifted me... so why am I sitting here with tears streaming down my face because of it...?

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2011, 12:30:45 PM »

Best of luck with your fight rodders, and I hope your partner pulls through.

Yes. Good luck and best wishes.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 01:49:55 PM »
I wouldn't bother trying to reason with him Neil, he appears to be more of an idiot than I gave him credit for, which is saying something.

Ger, I can understand your reasoning!

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 01:51:32 PM »
Rodders............you have my best wishes and hope it gets better.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 02:09:38 PM »
I have mixed feelings about Stan, but I still remember the game we drew 4-4 against Chelski, him going mental on the radio commentary.  He clearly loves the club.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 02:15:48 PM »
Was Collymore suffering with depression when he was dogging or just when he got caught?

I suppose the incident on Broad Street involving him and Bosnich that Doug hushed up was down to his illness as well.

I am not saying that depression isn't a terrible thing because it is but with old SVC his seems to come on when he's being caught doing something that is out of line.

Villa v Fulham - Not picked so gets his arse in his hand
Beats up Ulrika - It was because of my stress
gets caught dogging - because of my stress

To me it is is using it as justification for making some shit decisions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal